Your Email Address:

First Name:

GENETICALLY MODIFIED BACTERIA IN MOUTHWASH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Snobuni
Sheriff

GENETICALLY MODIFIED BACTERIA IN MOUTHWASH

Post by Snobuni »

Does anybody no anything about this? Ever heard of it before?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... decay.html

Sounds like it would be worth a go when it becomes available.

OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

The problem with GM products or produce is that we don't know the long-term effects on our bodies. If I had young kids I doubt that I would have this stuff sprayed in their mouths unless it was guaranteed to be 100% safe. Most of my family members in their late teens and early 20's have never suffered with decayed teeth, not one filling - all due to brushing and restriction of sugary foods from an early age!

On the other hand, if a GM product came on the market that would eliminate bb, I would use it in an instant and deal with the long-term effects when/if they arose!
carlos_bigsby

Post by carlos_bigsby »

I have been using the probiotic mints from this doctor for a week. They are called Evora Plus and they are helping. I would say a 10% percent improvement. For 20 dollars for a months supply, I am not sure if this is worth it. However, I will see what happens.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I guarantee you it'll be a dud. The genetic modification is merely that of stopping the production of lactic acid. Unless these bacteria strains are heavily modified, they won't help us.

The first thing that needs to be accomplished is the adhesion trait. Without adhesion with specific receptor sites on the musosal surfaces in our mouths, no bacteria that we put in our mouths will be able to compete with the natural ability of bad breath bacteria to adhere to our mouths.

We will now go through several decades of these puny genetically modified bacteria strains backed by tweaked studies before we see this taken to the next level. By then our lives will be over.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Thanatos, what do you think of the recent theory that wisdom teeth might be responsible for BB ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic