Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fecal Breath = Stomach problem?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

findacure wrote:I’m so tired of hearing people say that BB comes from the gut, or PND. Chronic Halitosis is caused by the over population of bacteria in the mouth. So no special diet, colon cleaning, nasal irrigation, dairy free diet, detox flushing, mouth wash or toothpaste is going to get rid of this problem.. we need a cure weather its a daily tablet a monthly injection to reduce the amount of bacteria in our mouth - Sorry im just venting!!
Try not to sound so sure of yourself, unless you have the answer and cure.

In my case, sure I may have an oral bacteria problem, but I know my body. I know there is an also issue with digestion as related to my oral odor. I have been saying that for quite awhile here. Do you think people are stupid to keep posting about diet, digestion, problematic foods, etc.?

What does bacteria feed on? Why do we brush our teeth? Why do we floss? What happens to food particles if you do not floss? The mouth is connected to the throat,
which is connected to the intestines, which are connected to... guess what? The stomach. Are you telling me that it is impossible for a stomach problem to be connected to the mouth? Have you heard the phenomena about bacteria feeding on rotten food? How about saliva breaking down food before it gets to the stomach. Have you heard of hiatus hernia? Maybe you should do some research. Digestive problems don't just mean your tummy hurts. It might be something that you never feel.

Anyway YOU may have 100% bacterial problem that comes from... where ever. Some of us have bacterial problems related to the stomach, gut and digestion. Why hasn't anything worked? Why the hell should I know? This is why I'm here. No one said the answer was simple. You suggest that since I haven't found the answer yet, that I'm wrong?

Have you ever bent down and had a whiff of something nasty from your gut? Have you ever burped the smell of your breath? Have you ever drank alcohol and made your breath worse? Candy? Dairy? Have you compared your breath after eating? Maybe not... but some of us have. To make the simple connection isn't rocket science.

pinkhoodlum

Stomach acid imbalance?

Post by pinkhoodlum »

I've just plucked up the courage to see the doctor after suffering from FBB on and off for a few months. It's worse when I drink alcohol and when I'm anxious. I use mouth wash, scrub my tongue, floss but nothing works. What's worse is that it doesn't happen consistently- sometimes when I go out it's fine, other times it's awful. People literally back away and hold their noses! It's really putting me off going out. The doctor prescribed some anti-biotics in case it's some kind of stomach infection but I think it's unlikely. I've been looking at stuff online about stomach acid imbalance and I do have some of the symptoms but they could be unrelated.
Here's the website: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/st ... eflux.html

Anyone else found anything about stomach acid?
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi,
I also have confirmed BB related to stomach.

Go to:http://www.doctorspiller.com/halitosis.htm
This is a detailed describtion of BB types and its causes.
This is a quate from there:
Pathological halitosis originating in the stomach is caused by conditions which produce chronic vomiting. In this case, the origin of the bad breath is the stomach, but the real culprit is the vomit which coats the throat and oral structures and stagnates producing foul odors.

Acid Reflux Disease (ARD--Formerly known as GERD)--This is generally controlled using H2 blockers like Tagamet, Zantac or Pepsid.

Pyloric Stenosis--This is a developmental condition found in infants which causes vomiting, and is corrected surgically.

Any condition which causes chronic vomiting can potentially cause pathological halitosis. This includes migraine headaches, morning sickness, food poisoning, food allergies, bulimia, alcoholism, certain medications and chemotherapy in cancer patients.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I'm a million percent sure my bb is related to stomach.

I used to think it was my teeth, and sinuses, but I brush at least 4 times daily and floss, and scrape my tongue. I have the most straightest and cleanest teeth on this whole earth. my pnd is almost gone, but I still have my bb and stomach problems.

A few days ago, my bb, ar, and bowel movements were getting better, but this weekend I went to a party and had to eat spicy food there, my ar and that fecal bb is back.

I found this video about digestion and food absorption, this is like totally what i have been trying to tell everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prtvkp7GQC4
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi Wnaysha,
Despite some BB doctors claims that BB doesn't originate from stomach,
finally there's a a medical summary confirming otherwise.
Now I have breath issues exactly related to stomach and confirmed by doctor and camera results.
As stated in the article the real culprit is acid and dissolved food in it burp up into eusophagus as well as in vocal coard box and throat.
This is why I and other people who have that experience have sour taste and fermented vomit smell.This is no different from when one vomits and smell and tastes that.The only difference is that ,as stated in article,this vomiting is chronic.
For some reason;(like ulcers and other internal problems) muscles of stomack sack are not tight.That causes chronic mini vomiting.

In my situation;
I have acid burping up into vocal coard box not mentioning eusophagus.This was confirmed by camera pics. at ENT.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

viva wrote: In my situation;
I have acid burping up into vocal coard box not mentioning eusophagus.This was confirmed by camera pics. at ENT.
interesting. Personally, i feel like i have a terrible odor in my throat that currupts my breath, which is why gum/mouthwash don't even work even for 1 second. For all i know, there might be nothing wrong with my mouth, and whatever bacteria is in my throat/eusophagus overpowers my good oral bacteria.
FBseeker

Post by FBseeker »

I think you can blame your BB on your stomach if you were diagnosed with GERD or gastritis. And no, it does not have to be the bacterial kind. Mine wasn't. You can read my previous posts if you want to know my history with BB.

I recently had a second endoscopy and my gastritis has completely healed. However, I have an inflammed esopheagal wall. I could see it myself! It looked sore. The doctor said that this was caused by the contents of my stomach leaking back into my esopheagus. This, in turn, can cause horrendous breath because of the thick layer of mucus your body produces trying to protect your throat from the onslaught of acid. This acts like a breeding ground for bacteria. Since it is in your throat, it is out of reach of tung brushes and mouthwash. If you have heartburn and always feel a lump at the back of your throat, no matter what you eat or drink, this is probably it.

He also said that once your stomach valve is weak, it will always remain so, unless it is surgically corrected. The best things to do is not to eat foods you are intolerant to, don't smoke, eat small meals so your stomach is not stuffed to overflowing and try not to eat or drink before bed. It might also help to take a full dose of antacids until your esophagus heals. This should take about a month or so.

In the meantime here are things you can try.

Whenever I go to sleep on an empty stomach, my breath is MUCH better the next day. So try to limit your intake of food two hours before bedtime. Another solution would be to sleep with your head significantly higher than your body. This will prevent the acid from rising all night which makes your body produce a thick mucus layer around your throat area.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Yeah,you're right.There may be nothing wrong with your mouth.In fact,ther's nothing wrong with mine too.

This acid with food that reaches the throat impacts vocal box and throat; it gives this sour taste and vomit smell and feeling of something stuck in there.Also the acid impacts flora in the mouth.
This is a real culprit.

During the day my stomach aches,burps, so I use Bismouth to relieve that.
In the night I can't sleep for hours, cause stomach content rushes up.
It's like that :sometimes better or worse.
Also some foods:like spicy ,sour ,sweet make stomach worse.So I try to stay way from that if not syptoms get worse.

I was refered to a gastro doctor for further tests like gastroscopy to see what's inside.,but because of some issues with insurence I haven't done it yet.I need to do it ,cause bismouth only relieves symptoms ,but i need to find what exactly is going on in the stomach.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Viva,

that is exactly how my situation is. I'm vomiting 24/7. its damaging my vocal cord, and whatever FBseeker said has helped me in the past. and yes I have done those tests also, but the good thing is that I don't have barret's esophagus. I'm planning on fasting for a few days, making my meals smaller, and eating fresh and cooked food.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

FBseeker wrote:The doctor said that this was caused by the contents of my stomach leaking back into my esopheagus. This, in turn, can cause horrendous breath because of the thick layer of mucus your body produces trying to protect your throat from the onslaught of acid. This acts like a breeding ground for bacteria. Since it is in your throat, it is out of reach of tung brushes and mouthwash. If you have heartburn and always feel a lump at the back of your throat, no matter what you eat or drink, this is probably it.
That's really fascinating, definitely sounds like what i have, minus heartburn.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

100% agree with FBseeker!!!!!!!!!

FBseeker,except regimen and diet,did doctor prescribed you any medications for gastritis?

Guys,at least I'm happy to know and have a confirmation of stomach related to BB.
I know,this is a long way to healing,but it only depends on us to find out the situation inside the stomach and stick to the regimen and diet.Though,I suspected my stomach,I wasn't carefull and determined to not overeat or eat things that make my situation worse.This is definately my fault,but I'm hopeful and more determined right now.
me new account
Total Newbie

Post by me new account »

I want to start off by saying that for some reason I had to create a new account to be able to log in, the site wouldn't let me in with my old account (me).

It's been a long time since I post on this site. I usually check it only when I'm in my worst days.

This site is both recomforting and frustrating. Is nice being able to connect with people who goes through the same struggle I go throug. How ever is frustrating seeing new people with the exact same symptoms, trying the same stuff that has already been used before with no success. Is like we are going in circles.

Anyway im 120% convincied that for those of us who's breath smells like feces, and smell also comes out from the nose the problem comes from our digestive system.

I hear a lot of gurgling inside my stomach, both when I just ate something or when is empty. So my theory is that those gurgling noises are the result of gas coming from my intestine or somewhere else, and bursting in my stomach. I'm also 100% sure that when my intestines are not stuffed with matter I smell a lot less bad.

I had some success doing the saline flush. When taking it my breath would get worst, but once I empty my system completly my breath would get better. I think the reason for this is that the first thing that happens when I take it is that everything inside my intestines I guess ferments and revolves. Then after I empty my system completly just then I find some relive, because I guess theres no matter to emit gases. I'm not completly smell free but I just dont smell as bad as before.

Recently I had to stop taking this saline flush because it was killing me. It makes you wanna throw up and makes you feel miserable for the rest of the day.

I seen posts of people saying that taking high doses of probiotics makes them smell less. I think the reason for this is that when you take I high dose of anything, if the dose is to big your body rejects it by making you go to the bathroom. Then your breath improves. I really don't think there's a pill that can cure us. I think for us the only cure is surgery.

This is just a theory, but could be right??
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

It's like that :

me too, so I take chewable peptos they help my bb and stomach
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Hi me,

Can you plz explain your saline flush, and how u do it, I have heard of a kind of saline flush, but not sure whether ur talking abt that or not, but if u have acid reflux, then that salt (NaCl) in it might make the acid worse. right?

u explained how your bb decreases when your intestines are empty, I have noticed that in myself. I'm actually looking for a safe way to keep my intestines clean and keep the bowel movement normal. this is really funny, but I can actually feel my bb decrease when I go to the restroom. lol

And what kind of surgery are you talking about?
me new account
Total Newbie

Post by me new account »

It's like that :

me too, so I take chewable peptos they help my bb and stomach
This is gonna sound wierd, but belive ir or not every time I take something like peptos for acid reflux or bismouth I actually feel like I get worst. I feel more acid and more gassy. Ironic!
Hi me,

Can you plz explain your saline flush, and how u do it, I have heard of a kind of saline flush, but not sure whether ur talking abt that or not, but if u have acid reflux, then that salt (NaCl) in it might make the acid worse. right?

u explained how your bb decreases when your intestines are empty, I have noticed that in myself. I'm actually looking for a safe way to keep my intestines clean and keep the bowel movement normal. this is really funny, but I can actually feel my bb decrease when I go to the restroom. lol

And what kind of surgery are you talking about?
Well I used to drink the Fleet professional saline flush solution, but they took it out of the market because it was causing kidney faliure. Then I started using Magnesium citrate solution from CVS, how ever I stopped using it for the reason mentioned in my last post. The only way you can get good results from it is if you completly empty your system. It's very hard to do because as soon as I ate something for me the smell would come back. I heard people on here saying that hey had success flushing their system just mixing water with salt, I guess is the same thing but I never really tryed it. I always used the ones from the store.Althoug is a hard process trying it once is not going to kill you.

When I said that the only thing for us was surgery, I was just saying that I dont think that just taking pills can cure us. I don't really think that right now theres a surgery out there for what we have because I dont think no one has looked into are problem. I think that what we have is a deformity wich is causing gases to go up to the stomach. If is not a deformity, then it would have to be that we are not secreting somthing or some organ is not working well or I don't know what else is causing gas to go up. In wich case then there would be a pill for us althou I'm not sure they invented it yet. Still I think is more likley that something is out of shape inside of us and for that I think the only thing is surgery.

Hope I answerd your question, and not confused you more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic