Your Email Address:

First Name:

Discussion: I'm using antibiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Hank
Junior

Discussion: I'm using antibiotics

Post by Hank »

Hi All,

I began a regimen of taking the following antibiotics yesterday in an effort to get rid of this bb problem: metronidazole and clindamycin, according to the following site: http://www.periodontaldiseasetreatmentguide.com/

I don't believe that I have periodontal disease but upon researching the aforementioned antibiotics closer, it seems they may have some effect on bacteria in other parts of the body (stomach, etc.).

Before starting the regimen, I did a bit of research on the internet about the efficacy of taking antibiotics to fight bad breath, and I mostly just found articles/opinions saying that it doesn't work, may help bb for a few days, then may make the bb worse, and have other detrimental effects on the body (candidia overgrowth, etc.). On the other hand, antibiotics are prescribed to millions every day for all kinds of ailments with I assume favorable results. Plus the regimen calls for taking the antibiotics 3 times per day for 8 days, which is fairly typical, so I'm not too worried about negative effects. Otherwise, desperate times call for desperate measures.

With all that said, I'd be curious to hear any comments, questions, criticisms, or opinions on this topic from members of this fine forum. Last, I'll keep ya all posted on my experience doing this. Hope everybody's doing okay and hanging in there.

Hank

ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I was on antibiotics to treat uclers which is caused by Helicobacter pylori. My bb was gone while I was on antibiotics. I remember one morning I was on the elevator, everyone just looked at me really strange as I just stepped on shit. I could hear them talking about me as I walked away. I didn't even open my mouth. I was very confused until I talked to someone then I knew the source of my confusion. All these memories of having bad breath haunt me a lot. I want to move away from here and go to a new city but I don't want to carry this disease with me. So I'm stuck at a place I don't want to be at just because I want a new beginning wherever I go.
So dude, don't take antibiotics. If you plan to do so, eat lots and lots of yogurt after that. Then it begs the question, why don't you just eat lots and lots of yogurt.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

There's a number of threads on this subject. Its a fact that some people who were treated for helicobacter discovered that it also permanently treated their BB, there have been detailed clinical investigations into this and you'll find the links if u read through the recent threads. The doctor who discovered the HP/stomach ulcer connection thinks its because other chronic bacterial problems in the mouth (gums/teeth) or nose are eradicated by this treatment.
Just taking antibiotics in the hope they'll kill off some species of oral bacteria is really no different to using chlorhexidine or other powerful antibacterial, so it isnt worth the risks to the rest of your body, unless you are willing to take that risk in the hope that some chronic bacterial problem somewhere might be eradicated in the process, afterall they are handed out like sweets by doctors for minor problems.
Antibiotics are sometimes given as part of the treatment for gum diseases.
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

I tried metronidazole a few years back but unfortunately had no effect short or long term on my bb. I will be very interested to know how you get on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic