Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fresh Breath All Day at Last

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
why me?

The Water Pik may have worked for me!

Post by why me? »

Hello Searching. I read the procedure you are trying w/ the diluted HP and brushing w/ Colgate containing triclosan. I started this on Tues. and as of today, I can feel and taste a change in my mouth and saliva. I was going to ask my son if he could tell a difference. He's constantly rubbing his nose when speaking to me. I haven't asked anyone at work, but I've noticed other's speakting to me more at a closer range for a longer amount of time. I've been at my job for almost 9 yrs. and no one has made it a secret about my bb w/ their reactions. There are some people I interact w/ and my bb would slap me in my face. I went to speak to these two people and there wasn't any oder. At first, I thought it was their bb, but I would speak to certain family members and I could smell the same bb. That's when I figured out it was my bb.

Don't know if you have had perio disease, but I didn't take care of my teeth/gums when in my 20's and younger. I just started to "care" when I had dental benefits and decided to take advantage. I've had about $10,000 worth of work done on my teeth and couldn't believe I had bb. The chronic bb started about 11 yrs. ago and I don't know if it's due to my yrs. of smoking and drinking back then. I don't smoke anymore and seldom drink alcohol, but when I spoke to my dentist he said brush, floss, scrape...duhhhh! I have the whitest teeth and have spent mucho money on bs products that never worked. If you've seen it, I've tried it. I guess using the pik has convinced me my bb was due to my perio. I've never used a water pik before, but so far, so good.

Glad to have seen your thread!

searching
Master
Re: The Water Pik may have worked for me!

Post by searching »

why me? wrote:Don't know if you have had perio disease, but I didn't take care of my teeth/gums when in my 20's and younger.
why me?

I don't know if I had perio disease, although my attention to hygiene was poor as a teen as well.
When my habits improved, brushing and flossing worked at preventing further decay, however, bb persisted.

Over time my gums have receded somewhat, perhaps due to a combination of over-vigorous tooth brushing that caused enamel erosion and bacterial activity. It's now possible that my gums do not seal properly with my teeth, therefore, I may have lost the barrier that protects against sub-gingival growth in a healthy mouth.

Finally, through trial and error, I came upon a routine that continues to work for me. Triclosan containing toothpaste and irrigation with peroxide are reaching and disinfecting the species of microorganisms that, for years, were living in my gums. At this time, these antimicrobial agents are winning the war.

Thanks for the feedback. Best wishes for continued improvement.
Danmeister
Total Newbie

Post by Danmeister »

Ive been trying the hydrogen perox and colgate method for a few days now with good results. I can usually taste shite a few hours after cleaning my mouth but only when I swallow which leads me to believe that my problem is right at the back of the throat. Like everyone Ive tried everything, this is the best so far and I also use the irrigator in my tonsil areas and all around my mouth.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I finally got my hands on Colgate Total (it's been recalled from most shops in Sweden due to concerns over Triclosan ... but it's probably bullshit). Anyway, I think Triclosan is working well for the gums ... they feel cleaner in the morning etc.

I still have a nasty stench at the back of the tongue though.

Searching, how do you clean the back of your tongue? Or did that go away automatically once you started cleaning your teeth with H202 + Triclosan..?

:-({|=
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Larc400 wrote:I finally got my hands on Colgate Total. I think Triclosan is working well for the gums ... they feel cleaner in the morning etc.

I still have a nasty stench at the back of the tongue though.

Searching, how do you clean the back of your tongue? Or did that go away automatically once you started cleaning your teeth with H202 + Triclosan..?

:-({|=
Hello Larc,

Since brushing with triclosan-containing toothpaste and irrigating with dilute peroxide, even my tonsils, which formerly had a tonsil-stone odor when using the Finklestein finger test, seem odor free.

I use a Tung brush, wetted with only water, for few gentle stokes over the tongue. There appears to be no coating or odor there.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Danmeister wrote:Ive been trying the hydrogen perox and colgate method for a few days now with good results. I also use the irrigator in my tonsil areas and all around my mouth.
Danmeister,

Thank you for the feedback and for giving the method a try. It's encouraging to hear test results from a number of people who have tried different approaches, in the past, to make a comparison.
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

searching wrote:
Ice wrote:but I think u didn't quite get my point.again u think, u assume-think ure bb hasent reapeared....
thats like someone tolg u u have a stain from watermarker on ure face but u have no mirrors, and u assume u got rid of it by new habbits etch, PEOPLE IF U DONT ASK ANYONE, U CAN NOT KNOW!-end of discusion! ](*,)
Ice,

Yes, I understand your question and I understand your interest in an objective person's opinion. A human nose is supposed to be the gold standard.

Give me some time to figure who I can ask to be the lucky one.

Will an oral chroma test result serve as proof?
Hi,
well oral chroma I would consider as an "bonus" information, since some have said that oral chroma gave them zero bb results, and friends told them they still had bb. I think everyone here can find at least one person and ask him/her for an honest opinion if he she has bb problem, or wheather it is gone. But if u don't have anyone to ask, well I'm sorry to hear that... maybe a complete stranger would be an option in that case. I can not assume for people here wheather they are "smart" or not as Jimi said., for the exact same reason he wrote..

Personal instinct has deceived us not once, and I think we all agree on that. So Best option is to ask someone who u trust, but seriously it must be someone u trust (better if it isn't one of ure relatives!)...
well I am doing my own part in the research, and when I get some objective results I will post, don't worry.( im not here just to read "chat" 8-[
tiredofcrying
Junior

question

Post by tiredofcrying »

Searching, what kind of over-the-counter, antimicrobials are you using?
searching
Master
Re: question

Post by searching »

tiredofcrying wrote:what kind of over-the-counter, antimicrobials are you using?
tiredofcrying,

The two antimicrobials I'm using are triclosan-containing toothpaste and dilute hydrogen peroxide for oral irrigation of teeth and gums.

I'm very pleased with the results.
tiredofcrying
Junior

Post by tiredofcrying »

Thanks

I will try that. Do you have PND? I have it really bad when I brush my tongue its covered in thick mucus. Any suggestions on reducing PND?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

tiredofcrying wrote:Do you have PND? Any suggestions on reducing PND?
tiredofcrying,

I have moderate PND. I occasionally use Stage 2 nasal irrigation (detailed in an earlier posting, viewtopic.php?t=977&start=0&postdays=0& ... highlight=) using a dilute solution of sodium bicarbonate and table salt. I have, however, reduced the frequency of nasal irrigation after observing the more-effective benefit of the routine detailed in this thread.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

tiredofcrying wrote: I had my wisdom teeth taken out and never had bb before they came out. My bb started about 1 yr after I had my wisdom teeth out. Can the other molars or other teeth be causing the bb?
Wisdom teeth are just like any other teeth, but they generally appear in late teens, usually into an already overcrowded mouth, where they can impact against existing teeth, leading to situations which could cause BB.
Teeth are the most obvious cause of BB. No one can dismiss their teeth while they still have them.
tiredofcrying
Junior

Post by tiredofcrying »

Thanks Searching.

I tried the waterpik last night and this morning and my mouth felt so much better usually when I brush it still feels nasty. I will try the sinus flush tonight. Thanks for sharing
never_bn_kissed

Post by never_bn_kissed »

hi everyone,

just wondering how the results are progressing

i'm going to buy a waterpik tomorrow, and i think i'll spend the extra money to get the better one

i had my wisdom teeth removed when they were impacted, but there are holes back there so maybe that's where the bacteria are living and screwing me over - i'm meticulous with my hygiene and am using the full suite of breezecare products, but to be honest i'm not looking after those holes, so hopefully this is miracle i've been looking for
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

HI never_bn_kissed,

GOOD LUCK with the irrigator.

Drastic
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic