Your Email Address:

First Name:

At what Distance can other people smell the BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

At what Distance can other people smell the BB?

Post by Larc400 »

Today I was speaking, and someone standing 1.5m (=5ft)across turned around for no apparent reason.

Can BB really travel that far with a direct hit?

If you look at smokers who speak, the smoke only goes about 30cm (=1ft). Also when I speak, or even shout, and hold my hand out in front, I can only feel the air when it's about 30cm away.

...so does that mean direct BB can only be felt by people standing pretty close to you? And that we should ignore all reactions that happen from people standing further away when we speak to them 8)?

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

5 feet is nothing, it can travel much farther than that, maybe 15 feet.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

How can you explain the BB traveling that far :P ? If a person smokes and speaks at the same time, the smoke only goes about 1ft... How can the BB travel further?
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

The smoke maybe goes 1 feet but that doesn´t mean the smell of the smoke goes one feet too.
I always notice when someone is smoking even if they are more then 1 feet away
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

For sure, after a while. Same is true for someone with strong BB. It can fill a room after a while.

I was talking about a direct, instant hit, when someone is reacting immediately to us speaking...
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

My aunt's husband has bb, it fills up the room in less than 5 mins.

His bb was chronic, he had it all the time, but in the past few years after doing a sinus surgery his bb decreased and became temporary, I was still not sure so I talked to my aut about his bb and she told me that the only thing he did was order something online, to remove the bacteria caused by pnd and thats whats helping him,

but because he also had acid reflux problems and started taking nexium at the same time I'm kind of confused on what exactly stopped his bb. :?

Something else I have noticed is that every single time they come over and he has bb, he's always swallowing and clearing his throat/ seems to have pnd, but when he doesn't have bb he's just sitting there without swallowing or having pnd problems.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

wnaysha, can you ask what your aunt's husband use? please let us know.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

wnaysha,

kow do u know ur uncle has pnd and not lpr e.g.?
Hal

Post by Hal »

In regards to how far can bb travel. I have noticed people get hit with a direct hit from as far as 10-15ft. That was indoor and I can only recall once when it happened. It is embarassing to even tell it on here. I'm not used to talking about this problem. I have only talked to one person about my bad breath. He's kind of a psycho friend of mine. They are much less inhibited then most people....which is handy sometimes.

Hal
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Direct hit from 15ft? I doubt it. What I'm saying is that we should ignore those .... coz it just isn't logical...
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

wow, some people are so sceptical, Larc you doubt all the time, I am now sure your bb is really mild.

AmI really the winner? My can be smelled like 20 meters, in the open, tha tis like 50 feet. People far away like 50 feet are rubbing their nose and looking at me.

Just remmebr when you drive past the fields and they spray them with shit you smell it like 200 meters, shit smell travels far, also if you make a fire and burn plastic it can go like 100 meters.

I guess I have the most problems with BB because my bb is the strongest.

Also please let me know what your uncle is using!!!!! You have to find this shit out. Nobody was cured from nexium, but people have been cured when the sinuses were fixed.
trenski
Junior

WHAT DISTANCE

Post by trenski »

I DEFINATELY agree with Jimi. My breath can be smelled 50 feet away. I think it can be smelled even further. I get reactions going through driv-thru windows. I was talking to a stranger (sitting in my car) he came up to ask for directions about 50 or 60 feet away,once I opened my mouth, he just walked off in the middle of me talking, rubbing his nose and looking at me as if he was repulsed.My breath can be smelled even when I BARELY open my mouth. :cry:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Exactly Trenski, it can be smelled even far, I experience the same thing, exactly the same, like people could smell me in the car driving behind me and when i open the mouth you can see how the car behind my car is making a large distance.

So Larc cut your bullshit, like you are doctor know it all, you should pray to god your bb is not so bad and that you can live some kind of normal life. Me and Trenski know how this shit smells, it is just smell that like to travel.

I really need to get somebody who would smell me and tell me how far does my bb travel.

I really suspect my sinuses, but I dont have pnd, I never swallow, I never have dry mouth,,,, shit we need a Sherlock Halitolmes for this one.

ANd this smell travells extremely fast, super fast.
Danmeister
Total Newbie

Post by Danmeister »

I think bad breath can travel, certainly fill a closed room but perhaps paranoia is creeping in when you think the people driving the car driving behind you are reacting to your breath.Ive tried the usual remedies with no permanent solution but am having the best results following the link titled "fresh breath all day at last". No cure, but is by far the best temporary effective relief ive come across.Im also going to cut dairy products out as Ive never tried this before.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Danmeister wrote: but perhaps paranoia is creeping in when you think the people driving the car driving behind you are reacting to your breath
I've had that happen, it's all too real. Even people behind glass. I wish i had a camera phone, i'd make a video to show you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic