Your Email Address:

First Name:

GERD pH Recorder and Dentist

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
wnaysha
Master

GERD pH Recorder and Dentist

Post by wnaysha »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to keep u guyz updated on my GERD pH recorder. I just came from the hospital, and omg!!!! inserting the tube in my esophagus through my nose was not as easy as I thought, It felt like it was ripping my nasal passages, oh and the nurse actually inserted it in my lung first, instead of my esophaguse, lol, I was choking/felt like I was dying. lol, It is very uncomfortable.

I don't know if I mentioned it to you guyz or not, but I had a dental appt the other day, and my dentist told me that all of my wisdom teeth needed to be extracted because one of them was impacted, I thought It was kind of a stupid reason to remove all of them, because two of my wisdom teeth haven't even grown, how the hell is she gona remove them?

and I have read other sufferer's posts about how much they want their wisdom teeth extracted but their dentists don't refer them to anyone,

Even though my dentist wants me to do it, I won't because It is a waste of time and money, plus I don't see a good reason for them to be removed.

**********Any good comments/experiences are appreciated, tnx*************

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

http://www.doctorspiller.com/halitosis.htm

scroll down to pericoronitis
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Ye, viva gave me that site to search on vimitting and bb. I wish my bb was caused by teeth, but when I eliminate pnd and other little problems I notice my bb coming from stomach, Whatever it is its from inside and I can feel it, but if I do remove my wisdom teeth, I will only remove the impacted one, not the rest, My dentist should have been a little more clear on why exactly she wants them removed.

I never told my dentist about my bb problems, I just told her about pnd and acid reflux n thats it, so I mean really, I don't know why exactly she told me to do that. #-o

I'll call her office and ask her one more time.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

wnaysha,

is the tube visible and can u perform ur daily obligations, go to work, etc.?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Wnaysha if your dentist has said all your wisdoms need to come out, that could mean that the three teeth which you cant see are trying to come out, but cant because they are impacted against your second molars which prevents them from erupting normally.
Read up on this because when this happens the tooth which is trying to come out literally rips the gum away from the tooth next to it, yet it can look perfectly normal, but debris and bacteria are now easily getting in even though you can be completely unaware.

I still have one of my bottom wisdom teeth in which is horizontally impacted, which means its literally growing at 90 degrees to the tooth next to it and its completely below the gum. I need to have this out in hospital. Its not causing any odour like my other one was, but it doesnt look very far under the gum and it has the potential to cause problems.

There is an optimum age for having wisdom teeth out, regarding ease of removal and healing. You dentist is thinking ahead and knows the trouble they could bring, its definitely worth having them out, you just never know it could be them causing your bb.

Please let us know what your dentist thinks when you ask about it. Its also worth asking their opinion on them as a BB cause, dont u think?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Iva,

yes the tube is visible, its more like a line, n yes you can go to work and do everything you normally do, infact that is exactly what u r supposed to do so that the results are accurate.

My nurse removed mine today, and told me to make an appt with my doc to discuss the results. lets see what my doc says.

halitosisux my aunts a dentist, I asked her today and she told me to remove them, I might do it this august.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

wnaysha,

I suppose u were not taking any antacids during the test and some time before that?
I hope u will keep us informed about the results.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

iva,

they told me to stop taking my prevacid for a week, before doing this test.

and sure I will keep u guyz updated. I called my doc's office today, n asked for the results, they told me to make an appt after 2 weeks, so that they have enough time to get the results from second floor :roll: from their own hospital.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic