Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fresh Breath All Day at Last

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

Jimi wrote: DO you really think relying from somebody answer would give you an answer.
Yes, relying on somebody you could trust. People on this forum have written that others sometimes commented on their breath, even without asking. If others can comment, why can't relatives or friends when you ask them?

never_bn_kissed

Post by never_bn_kissed »

hmmm, i dont think this is the miracle i was looking for

bought one today, and used it after dinner, just water and peroxide (made a heck of a mess), but unfortunatley i'm not noticing any improvement in freshness in my mouth

maybe its still early days...
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi never_bn_kissed,

Some people seem to be getting good results from the irrigator. :)

Why not try it for a few more days to see if it will work.

Stay positive. :)

Drastic
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

This sounds so promising! I've been gone here for a while... guess cuz I got so discouraged.... But I have had a feeling the problem was in my gums somewhere. I have gum problems anyway. And a lot of times I feel like my gums are fizzing at the gumline. Like something is fizzing out of them. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I thought I was crazy. But I will try this! :)
Ash

Post by Ash »

If hydrogen peroxide isn't working you could try a different biocide like chlorine dioxide or benzalkonium chloride, or even a combination therapy.
Sara
Total Newbie

Post by Sara »

Hi searching,

my regime is similar to yours - I have to be rigorous, every single day, which means that my source of bacteria is still there - and I haven't fully identified it. I just keep the numbers low enough that, other than first thing in the morning, my breath is normal. Not super-fresh, but OK.

If I lapse my regime for three hours, the BB tends to return, depending on what I've eaten. If I am sticking to a strict vegetables, fruit, little dairy, no protein between meals etc, my breath stays good. But as soon as I overeat, my tongue gets coated.

Sara
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

I tried this out this morning. Went last night and got Colgate Total and peroxide. I already had a hydrofloss at home so I was anxious to get started.... I have to say that I was so scared to try regular toothpaste again. I have been using Therabreath for years now because it was the only thing that didn't turn sour immediately after I brushed. But I tried it and am happy with the results so far. I didn't get that feeling and taste of when the mint toothpaste mixes with the stench in your mouth and makes an even worse smell than bb could ever be. =D> And my gums felt great after the hydroflossing. I turned that sucker on full blast! So -- so far so good. I feel really good right now and its been about 4 hours since I brushed! :D
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

sadgirlbb wrote:This sounds so promising! I've been gone here for a while... guess cuz I got so discouraged.... But I have had a feeling the problem was in my gums somewhere. I have gum problems anyway. And a lot of times I feel like my gums are fizzing at the gumline.
Hi, what kind of gum problems? dont u think u need to get these gum problems sorted out?
Anyway, good luck with this irrigation, maybe that will do it.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Searching,

I just wanted to clarify, do you scrape, floss, brush and only then use the oral irrigator with the hp solution? I've been using it before brushing, not sure how much difference this makes but I'll try it after brushing and see what happens. :D
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

sadgirlbb,
I tried this out this morning. Went last night and got Colgate Total and peroxide. I already had a hydrofloss at home so I was anxious to get started.... I have to say that I was so scared to try regular toothpaste again. I have been using Therabreath for years now because it was the only thing that didn't turn sour immediately after I brushed. But I tried it and am happy with the results so far. I didn't get that feeling and taste of when the mint toothpaste mixes with the stench in your mouth and makes an even worse smell than bb could ever be. And my gums felt great after the hydroflossing. I turned that sucker on full blast! So -- so far so good. I feel really good right now and its been about 4 hours since I brushed!

You sound really positve about this technique. thats a good thing. I hope you have good success with it.

Please keep us updated on your progress. 4 hours is a long time to go with fresh breath and fresh feeling. Wow keep it up.

Drastic
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Yes I go to dentist regularly for cleanings and I've had gum problems for as long as I can remember.... If I don't keep up with the dentist wow things get bad. Yesterday was my first day and I didn't feel things were turning south until the end of the afternoon and still did not seem that terribly bad. If I can get these kind of results consistently with this, I will be happy! I did do the hydrofloss with peroxide again last night. Hope that isn't too much. And then again this morning.... I still feel great. :)
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

OK, now, I think, I'm not as halitophobic as I was recently. My old filling has been replaced, and I now feel that my mouth is now noticeably fresher, even when I wake up. It seems to me that the old broken filling, or, to be accurate, the food that was being accumulated under it, created that feeling of non-freshness, of which I was very conscious.
The conclusion for now is that it is vitally important to keep teeth and gums in good condition.

My hygienist has suggested to me to use Listerine instead of the Therabreath rinse. She didn't know anything about Therabreath, but her point was that Listerine kills germs behind the gums. As we know, Therabreath's efforts are mainly directed towards the tongue coating.

sadgirlbb, gum problems can be sorted out with dental surgery.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Snobuni wrote:do you scrape, floss, brush and only then use the oral irrigator with the hp solution?
Snobuni,

Yes. I brush teeth and tongue, floss, and rinse before oral irrigation. I follow this sequence to remove the majority of material, before irrigation, to avoid driving food particles, or other debris, beneath the gum line. I don't know, however, if the specific sequence really matters.
why me?

Update

Post by why me? »

I have been using the water pik/triclosan method suggested by searching and have had much success. It's been about 6 weeks and my teeth have never looked better. I did ask my son (18 yrs. old) about my breath and he said he couldn't smell anything anymore. I've asked other family members if they could smell bad odor coming from my breath and they said no. I took the liberty of telling them I knew I had bb and I've been trying this method and my mouth and teeth feel better. No one has actually "agreed" with me that I've had bb, but I can't smell my own halitosis when I speak w/ others whom I used to smell my bb. However, I went for my 2nd dental cleaning appt for the year with my perio (I go 4 times a year) and I told her about my recent problem w/ halitosis and what I was using. She said dentists don't usually recommend the use of a water pik unless patients have pockets of 6-7 (worst) deep (1-3 being the best & 4-5 borderline). She didn't take as much time cleaning my teeth and told me I had very little build up in my pockets. Some of my pockets went from 5's to 4's. I asked her if she could smell halitosis coming from my breath and she said no. She was practically speaking to me a mere 2 inches from my face which made me feel very self conscious because people have never spoken to me that close before. I have noticed if I don't keep up w/ this method, the bb comes back. I also have a bitter taste in the back of my throat from PND when allergies come around. The dentist gave me an exam and told me to keep up with the water pik and made sure to floss as well. It's been such a relief to find something that helps and I hope everyone else finds a solution!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Re: Update

Post by Archimonde »

why me? wrote:I have been using the water pik/triclosan method suggested by searching and have had much success. It's been about 6 weeks and my teeth have never looked better. I did ask my son (18 yrs. old) about my breath and he said he couldn't smell anything anymore. I've asked other family members if they could smell bad odor coming from my breath and they said no. I took the liberty of telling them I knew I had bb and I've been trying this method and my mouth and teeth feel better. No one has actually "agreed" with me that I've had bb, but I can't smell my own halitosis when I speak w/ others whom I used to smell my bb. However, I went for my 2nd dental cleaning appt for the year with my perio (I go 4 times a year) and I told her about my recent problem w/ halitosis and what I was using. She said dentists don't usually recommend the use of a water pik unless patients have pockets of 6-7 (worst) deep (1-3 being the best & 4-5 borderline). She didn't take as much time cleaning my teeth and told me I had very little build up in my pockets. Some of my pockets went from 5's to 4's. I asked her if she could smell halitosis coming from my breath and she said no. She was practically speaking to me a mere 2 inches from my face which made me feel very self conscious because people have never spoken to me that close before. I have noticed if I don't keep up w/ this method, the bb comes back. I also have a bitter taste in the back of my throat from PND when allergies come around. The dentist gave me an exam and told me to keep up with the water pik and made sure to floss as well. It's been such a relief to find something that helps and I hope everyone else finds a solution!
thank you for your story, very encouraging!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic