Your Email Address:

First Name:

How many have tried going off wheat-gluten?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......

Do you eat wheat almost every single day?

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes: 7

bimms

How many have tried going off wheat-gluten?

Post by bimms »

Greetings:

I've had bad breath for the last 20 years at least.

Finally, in the last month, I decided to get serious about this problem.

I have just recently, within the last week, decided to cut all wheat and gluten out of my diet, as an experiment.

One advantage I have is I don't mind eating the same basic things over and over again every day.

So my new diet plan for every day is:

1. Breakfast: cheerios and fruit (oats have very little gluten)
2. Brunch: protein bars (No wheat)
3. Lunch: salad
4. Dinner: brown rice bread grilled cheese (with garlic as an anti-fungal)
5. Supper: green tea (with oregano as anti-fungal)

I've been doing this for the last week or so, and it seems like my constant BB is going away. I checked my tongue in the mirror and there is no white coating.

I seriously think that wheat may be the problem. Before this week, for the last 20 years, I probably ate wheat every single day without exception. I think my body may react to wheat by giving me BB.

Will keep you posted.

Sara
Total Newbie

Post by Sara »

I agree, it could well be that allergies cause PND - my PND gets much worse when I eat dairy and wheat ... and I guess that would contribute to BB ...
prey
Junior

Post by prey »

do an intolerance to food test and you will know for sure if you are allergic.
i' m going to do one this week because i too get more pnd when i eat dairy and wheat so we will see.
bimms keep us posted.

bye 8)
bimms

Post by bimms »

I decided to slightly alter the diet, to make it healthier and easier to follow:

1. Breakfast: Cheerios and fruit

2. Brunch: Protein bars (no wheat)

3. Lunch: Salad (lots of leafy greens to alkalize myself)

4. Dinner: Grilled Cheese Corn Tortillas
with garlic and oregano sprinkled on (as anti-fungals)
with broccoli and other veggies (to further alkalize myself)

I think the above diet is pretty much ideal for me. I get the four basic food groups, (although meat is replaced with protein bars), and no wheat.

My belief is that those of us who have permanent bad breath need to look at ourselves as scientists. We need to make experiment after experiment after experiment, taking one type of food out of our diet to see if that is our allergy that is causing our bad breath.

By the way, I don't think allergy tests by doctors is the answer. Human bodies are different, and we are CLEARLY different in some way from non-halitosis people. What might come up as an allergy to a normal person, might not to us.

So we just need to look at things scientifically. My first experiment is going off wheat, which is something that has been a constant in my life during the whole time I have had BB. Take away whatever has been constant, and maybe find the cure.

We shall see. It just takes a systematic approach, that is all.
prey
Junior

Post by prey »

hello

well if it helps you go for it ;)
in this 20 years did you ever vistied a doctor about your problem?

bye 8)
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

Prey,

I noticed earlier you mentioned a food intolerance test to see about allergies. If you tested negative you might write this off as a potential cause.

But, I wonder if the wheat or gluten could still cause the problem for some through a mechanism other than allergies. For example, if you had a candida or fungal problem, the wheat or gluten could make it worse and give you BB even if you weren't allergic to it.

Just a thought.
prey
Junior

Post by prey »

yes it could be what you say but i dont know
i did the allergy test(60$) and i m not allergic to anything.
wheat,milk,citrus all negative but still when i eat them they give me more pnd.maybe i have some stomach issue(lpr or something)

bye 8)
bimms

Post by bimms »

Prey:

I'm embarrassed to admit I have never gone to the doctor. I probably should. I just don't like doctors, I know it is not rational.

And about the allergy tests: you know, I should probably do that as well.

But like TeamZissou said, Candida or fungus overgrowth could combine in a toxic mix with wheat or some other allergen, to attack your mucus membranes, leading to BB.

It's amazing what wheat can do. Even my mom recently went off gluten, and her spring allergies have not appeared yet this year. I think wheat-gluten is more harmful than many people realize.

So I think if you have a mild allergy to wheat, it might not appear in a doctor's test, and yet that mild allergy might combine with Candida or fungus overgrowth to attack your membranes in the mouth area, causing the BB.

It's a scientific theory I have, that I plan to experiment to find out.

Also, here is two facts about garlic and oregano:

1. Before doctors were commonplace, the poor people in the middle ages of Europe would cure almost everything with garlic.

2. Oregano was a medicine that Hippocrates, (considered the father of medicine) used, even BEFORE the middle ages.

So Garlic and Oregano have many centuries of history as medicine, and both happen to also be powerful anti-fungals.

That is why I am trying to sprinkle garlic and oregano over my wheat-free dinner every night. With centuries of history at fighting disease, there must be some fire with all that smoke. I'm just saying.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic