Your Email Address:

First Name:

could my acid reflux be causing my stank breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sad lady
Total Newbie

could my acid reflux be causing my stank breath?

Post by sad lady »

hi.i'm new to the forum,but not to bad breath. my breath has been consistently stinking for the past 9 years. i've tried everything,toothpastes,sprays,gums,etc. you name it,i've tried it.
i found out about 3 years ago that i suffer from acid reflux. just recently,a person at work that i don't even know,just randomly came out and started talking to me. she made a joke and i began to laugh. well, i think we all know the whole ever-so-slyly try to cover their nose thing. she even slid back a little so she wouldn't have to smell my breath,though i'm sure she could still smell it. anyway,we were originally talking about something we saw on t.v. the night before,but after she smelled my breath the subject suddenly changed. she suddenly said "wow,i think i have heartburn now". this was after we had just finished eating lunch. i just kinda giggled,being careful not to open my mouth. then she said,"some people think they just have heartburn and it's actually acid reflux diseases". i turned to look at her and she flenched. even though i didn't even open my mouth i knew she could smell my breath. i was so embarrassed. then she said with a slight laugh,"i heard acid reflux can make your breath stink really bad". i kinda felt like she was making fun of me.
then she said "have you ever had acid reflux?" i felt my blood boiling!!
i was so convinced that she was making fun of me that i just got up and walked away almost in tears. when i got home i told my husband about what happened and he said that i over reacted and that the lady probably didn't mean anything by it. what do you guys think? do you think she was making fun of my breath,or do we tend to get sensitive and over react when people probably didn't mean any harm at all? :?:

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Sounds like she was trying to help you, not make fun of you. There's a guy on my floor who occasionnaly brings up the topic of dental care, he just wants to help me.
Hal

Post by Hal »

I agree with Archi she was probably trying to find a way to bring up the subject and maybe it didn't turn out quite right.

Hal
sad lady
Total Newbie

Post by sad lady »

Archimonde wrote:Sounds like she was trying to help you, not make fun of you. There's a guy on my floor who occasionnaly brings up the topic of dental care, he just wants to help me.
my husband said the same thing,but i dont know...i mean,it's not like we don't know that we have bad breath. we know,and i'm sure that they know that we know that our breath stinks. so to me,i see it as making fun of me but they think they're doing it in such a way that we don't catch on,when in fact,we know we're being made fun of. i would just rather them tell me that my breath stinks. i know they have to know that i'm already aware of the fact...or maybe i really am just too sensitive. this is really ruining my life. i'm afraid to even kiss my own husband sometimes. :cry:
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

She just wanted to help you, I'm sure.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

Fro any with reflux problems, I have read that fluorinated water is the cause of it and that acid reflux only appeared after the start of fluoridation.

Besides this there are endless negative effects of fluoride. Such as lowering IQ. Do some research.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

What exactly is the point of discussion - whether AR can cause bb or whether the girlfriend has been trying ot help?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I'm guessing its why the girlfriend did what she did, and if she did that because of acid reflux and told her that it is acid reflux, then Acid reflux is the cause of her badbreath, If acid reflux is the cause, then she better find a cure to stop her bb,

So I'm guessing, It is about how to stop Acid reflux to stop bb.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

wnaysha wrote: If acid reflux is the cause, then she better find a cure to stop her bb,

So I'm guessing, It is about how to stop Acid reflux to stop bb.
wnaysha,

for people like us, that is the big question
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Hi iva+sadlady+everyone,

here are a few things that helped me, and as of now I don't have any acid reflux.

ok, so my problem is that I have IBS(irritable bowel syndrome) which gives spasms, because of the lack of serotonin in my intestines, making things in my intestines+stomach come up giving me acid/silent/bile reflux.

so heres what i'm doing right now/ whats helping me:

1. I eat smaller meals several times a day

2. ppl with ibs are usually lactose intolerant so i drink soy milk instead of regular milk

3. I try to stay away from spicy food/tomato sauce/onions/carbonated drinks.

4. the other thing I have recently noticed is that i think my body doesn't like wheat very much, I havent eaten wheat/milk in a few days and don't have tongue coating. I know, weird.

5. i'm taking ibs medication (amitiza- to push the food down, and libirax-for serotonin and spasms)

So just try to do as many of these 5 things as possible, because most of the members here like sadgirlbb with acid reflux have IBS, so u might also have it.

hope it helped. let me know if u think ur symptoms r like ibs.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

wnaysha wrote: 1. I eat smaller meals several times a day
2. ppl with ibs are usually lactose intolerant so i drink soy milk instead of regular milk
3. I try to stay away from spicy food/tomato sauce/onions/carbonated drinks.
4. the other thing I have recently noticed is that i think my body doesn't like wheat very much, I havent eaten wheat/milk in a few days and don't have tongue coating. I know, weird.
5. i'm taking ibs medication (amitiza- to push the food down, and libirax-for serotonin and spasms)
Thanx for the info, wnaysha

ur AR being gone is a wonderful news! What about bb?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic