Your Email Address:

First Name:

Should I Quit?

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Dear Bleh,
I totally understand your situation. I also quit aq job,because of my breath.Yes, it is painful to go thru all these comments and you feel humuliated and want yourself out of it. I think it makes you suffer more because you don't stand up and confront your offenders. It's diffucult to carry all that inside.

At this point,I think the best way is to confront directly these people.Tell them you heard their dirty comments...
This is the last thing they expect. These kind of people don't have guts.

This will free you from this negative emotions and help you put these coward people in place and get over it.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi Bleh,

Imagine their reaction when approach them and say" I've heard your dirty trash talk.Can you repeat it one more time for me.What do you mean my breath stinks.Can you smell your own breath? I'm sure you can't smell yours even when it stinks.If you don't like my breath,you are not obliged to kiss me and come close to me,but we can still work together.you supposed to work here,aren't you.

You need to let them know ,you won't stand this trash talk.This is what these mean people need to shut off.

By suffering inside,you let them humuliate you and you humiliate yourself th second time.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

Hi bleh,

I feel so bad after reading ur post. When they come close to u and start saying shit, just remember one thing, you are not the only one going through all of that, all of us are going through that everyday.

and next time he does that, instead of ignoring I think u should go to him and ask what his problem is, say it to his face, don't be scared even if u smell ur own breath. Trust me nothing will happen, I was having the same problem with my manager so I finally went to him and asked what his problem was, after that he stopped coughing and rubbing his nose when he came near me, infact I was about to get fired, but that conversation saved my life, he wasn't able to fire me cz I had talked to him and he didn't have a reason to.

I just wana ask u a question, if someone smelled really bad would u go and start harrassing them even if u knew u were hurting their feelings? no you would never do such a thing, because u know how they would feel. so plz be nice to urself and understand that ur only responsibility is ur body, if they don't care about ur feelings why would u care about theirs?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

These bastards are nothing but bullies. I agree with viva and wnaysha you should confront them individually if possible, as soon as you do you've taken away the power they *think* they have over you like happened with wnaysha and her boss, look how things changed once the power shifted. You dont need to be aggressive, the less you are the more power you will have over them.

Treat them as though THEY are the ones with the problem, which is absolutely the case. You are there to work, this has nothing to do with anything but their bullying. I see people all the time with the most horrendous breath and people act around them like they dont even notice it. I know its easy for them because they are unaware of their own BB, but my point is how other's behaviour has nothing at all to do with bad smells, but their need to go for your weakness that thinking/knowing you have BB makes you into.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

NYConfused, ive sent you a PM regarding your question to me.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
popaloo

Post by popaloo »

Hi bleh,

I agree with what has been said on here that you should confront HR about this. I can also see your point of view that you don't want to make the situation worse.
I quit my last job as my anxiety about my breath came to a head. I was that anxious that i couldn't sleep on a night and that was making the anxiety worse the next day and.... round and round in circles.
I wasn't getting harrassed though so i can't imagine the pain you are going through on a daily basis :(
Whatever you choose to do, remember that this board is always here for you and that we all understand what you are going through.
People can say what they want to you, but its only your thoughts about the situation that cause the damage.
Take Care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic