Your Email Address:

First Name:

Update on my good breath.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ithurts
Advanced

Update on my good breath.

Post by ithurts »

I have been bad breath free for the last two weeks.
Have I done anything differently?

I am taking Prevacid for my acid reflux and has been taking my allergy shots twice weekly. Prevacid seems to be the only medicine that works for my acid reflux.
I notice that whenever I have PND, my breath smells like shit.
I get so many reactions but for the last two weeks, none. And very little PND. I don't know if my allergy shots already starting to kick in or that the season is changing but No Reactions.

Hank
Junior

Post by Hank »

I used to have real bad acid reflux symptoms and took prevacid. After taking the prevacid, I think my bad breath did go away for a while, but now it's been with me for years again now as I'm not on acid reflux medication. Having said that, here's my question... Do you think it's possible to have acid reflux without having the typical symptoms (burning in stomach, throat, regurgitation at nite). I don't have the symptoms anymore but have really, really slow digestion. Breath is very bad. Mucho reactions and some comments. Wonder if prevacid is the key??

Also, what allergy meds are you on?

Hank
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Hi, how long did you take the prevacid before you realized it was working? I wonder if its a combination of that and the allergy medicine.

Also what is the allergy and what is the medicine your taking for it?
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Hank: I know I have bad acid reflux because I feel uncomfortable in the stomach and food regurgitation. I don't have any other symptoms.
I take Claritin for allergies. I went without Claritin today but no PND. Today I talked face to face with a coworker whom is well know for rubbing her nose around me, no reactions.

It took around 3 days to see the improvement on my breath.

I'm not just taking Claritin. I also have biweekly allergy shots.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

What's in those shots 8) ?
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Those shots are for house dust mites, dogs, cats, pollen, oak trees.
I went to a bar this weekend and It was good. It has been a while since I went.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Wow that's great Ithurts. It would be great if you can ask somebody just to get a definite confirmation that your bb is gone. (I know - easier said then done.) But it most be the prevacid and the claritin that's working for you.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

can you get prevaceid over counter?
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

My dad was here visiting me. He said my breath doesn't stink.
Prevacid is prescription only.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

In case the shots are what's helping you, it'd be great if you ask whoever is giving them to you what they are actually made of!
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Larc400, I have talked to them, and It's just standard allergy shots.
One thing I notice is I haven't had tonsil stones since my breath improved. Before, I could taste the tonsil stones in the back of my throat but for the last few weeks, nothing.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Hank wrote:Do you think it's possible to have acid reflux without having the typical symptoms (burning in stomach, throat, regurgitation at nite). I don't have the symptoms anymore but have really, really slow digestion. Breath is very bad.
Well done, ithurts! I`m very happy for u and hope this scheme will be helping u in the long run!

Hank, it is possible to have AR without the typical chest pain and burning, but if reflux reaches as far as the throat, there should be some indications (sore tongue, globus sensation, etc.). Do u know if u have delayed stomach emptying. If so, it might be contributing to ur bad breath.

For me taking Plantago major, Prevacid and medication for fast stomach emptying works and I get almost no reactions. Oh, I shouldn`t forget to mention I took a course of antibiotics for H.pylori eradication as well.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I had the flu and bad breath came back and still here.
I am so freaking sad. I can't live the rest of my life like this.
My life is a ****ing joke.

Sorry for the update guys. I was so excited and thought that I would let you guys know about it. Next time, I'll wait for a few months before announcing anything.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic