Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue pics before & after candida/ gluten free diet

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
captain_cooch

Tongue pics before & after candida/ gluten free diet

Post by captain_cooch »

So I found out that I have yeast overgrowth and I also have a gluten allergy. I started a Candida / gluten free diet 2 weeks ago (although I have been eating corn chips for a snack & oatmeal w/ stevia & cinnamon in morning) but no yeast, absolutely no sugar, no white flour, wheat, gluten.. alcohol etc... all the offenders.

I also did a 7 day herbal detox which I jump started with a 2 day juice fast and ultimately transitioned into the diet.

I am also taking Nystatin 3x day

Basically I eat meat & veggies & oatmeal... almonds, low sugar fruits (blueberries, strawberries, green apples) occasionally popcorn. The diet is really not that bad. Once you stop craving carbs & sugar (which only took 3-4 days) you actually feel better & more energy than when I was eating junk.

I have managed to also maintain my weight which is important since I am 5" 9' 150 (skinny)

I have found that it has helped the following symptoms which I believe are causing my bb enough to stick with the diet for however long it takes:

Reflux (heartburn) -- non-existent
Tongue -- geographic tongue is obviously gone as seen in pics
Can breathe much better (sinuses definitely clearer)
Taste in mouth is less bitter especially towards the back
Rotting smell coming from throat/dig tract is reducing
Bad breath is not gone but without a doubt is reducing

So we'll see what happens.. I am praying to god this works ....enjoy the pics

thf
Junior

Post by thf »

Captain,

I am treating myself for candida also and have noticed a change in the coating on my tongue, it's pretty much gone, unless I slip up on my diet then i notice it comes back.

The diet i have chosen is a bit different from yours as I only eat green veggies, chicken every few weeks and almond milk and sometimes eggs. This is for the first three months to start and then i'm able to start adding other things.

One thing i learned about candida is that you have to starve it in order to get rid of it and my understanding is you can never go back to eating sugar, yeast and most carbs. But the way i feel now, I'm okay with that this has made me feel so much better, I'm hardly ever depressed anymore and i just feel better. As for the bb, I'm not sure if it's helping. I think i'll wait until after the first three months and start the next phase of my diet and then test the bb.

So good luck to you.
dreamweaver

Post by dreamweaver »

Captain,

Could you give an example of a typical day's diet?

I'm also currently on a low-carb diet, but I do eat bread 2-3 times a day, as well as potatoes 2-3 times a week.

I've tried going on no-carb diets a couple times before, but I stop b/c I end up losing a lot of weight very easily.

How are you able to maintain your weight?

I'm also taking Nystatin, as well as supplements including anti-fungal supplements such as Oregano oil, red thyme oil, lemon balm, etc.
captain_cooch

Post by captain_cooch »

thf--

Yeah my diet is a little bit hybrid. I've tried what you are doing a few times and I found it too hard to do and wound up basically starving myself and losing too much weight. So I figure it may take longer to get results but by being a tad more lenient I know I will not wind up cheating or falling off the diet because I am never hungry on it.

dw--

A typical day for me is (today)

Breakfast: Oatmeal w cinnamon & stevia
Snack: Roasted salted almonds
Other snack: corn chips
Lunch: Taboule salad
1/2 lbTurkey meat (from deli) (roll it up & eat)
3:00 snack = pint of blueberries
Dinner: corn on the cob (3)
chicken sausage (x2) (wild harvest)-- 1gram sugar per peice

So as you can see I am a little on the lenient side if we are talking candida diet but I have had positive results so far and like I said above going and staying on the very strict candida diet is very tough especially if you work full time.

The big thing with candida is processed sugar, white flour, etc.. I don't worry too much about low sugar fruits, table salt etc because I find that if you micromanage it too much it becomes an impossible and frustrating ordeal.

I am getting plenty of food in me and am never hungry. Almonds have a lot of good fats in them.

I also have had black olives (just pour them out & eat) or eat them out of the can. These are all healthy fats and they fill you up and you don't get hungry 30 min later unlike simple carbs do.

Hope this helps.

-Captain
sadandlonely
Total Newbie

Post by sadandlonely »

Hi Captain_Cooch

I was just wondering how the diet & BB is going? I have a yeast intolerance and severely chronic BB so have been giving this diet a go. Have read many books and sites about what we can/can't eat and there appears to lots of conflicting stories regarding specific foods. My daily diet consists of porridge with soya milk for breakfast, tuna & egg salad with soda bread for lunch, tortilla chips and almonds as snacks and king prawns or chicken with veg for dinner. I'm now not sure if I'm doing it right because I read carbs should be left out and my diet contains a fair amount :(

Am finding this diet really difficult but if it works I'm willing to give up anything.
captain_cooch

Post by captain_cooch »

Hi S&L,

Yes, there are definitely conflicting opinions on the candida safe foods list... especially if you get your info online. I was actually doing quite well on the "hybrid" diet I was on, considering I was eating corn chips, oatmeal, unlimited meats... etc...--well my tongue was the #1 indicator since it looked so pink & healthy.

The diet was going great and things started to be improving but then something odd happened to me-- I got really nauseous from some chicken I ate one night (that was about 2 weeks ago) and I now can't bring myself to eat chicken anymore. Just the smell of it makes me feel sick... it's really weird since I've always loved chicken.... so anyway that threw my diet on a spin.

So now I've been eating alot of strawberries, blueberries, mcintosh apples & lightly sweetened granola. And my tongue (I'm guessing from the natural sugars) is patchy again. My breath also seems worse.

I think with yeast overgrowth, the theory is that bb is caused by poor digestion which is caused by the candida since your body's balance is so off. But another theory is that the actual smell is a "fungus" like s-mell which is the overgrowth itself.

Once I figure out how to not starve w/o meat on this diet I will be back on. It is very easy to get discouraged with this especially with our problem. Something like this may take 2-3 months to even see improvement (bb gone) so it is very easy to slip up and/or give up and say "its not working, I may as well go back to eating junk"

Do you have geographic tongue? How did you find out you had y/o ?
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

captain:

you eat less salt than before?
i dont speak english...
captain_cooch

Post by captain_cooch »

fedenon wrote:captain:

you eat less salt than before?
I would say yes. Only because I don't eat any processed foods anymore. I've stayed away from those for about 3 months now. But for the candida diet, sea salt is a safe food to eat just not in excess.
sadandlonely
Total Newbie

Post by sadandlonely »

Hi Captain

Thanks for your reply. My tongue is totally coated white/yellow and in the morning it is just pure white. No amount of scraping gets rid of it. I had an allergy test about 15 years ago but could never stick to the diet. It's only now that I realise it could be the cause of my BB that I've tried it again. Over the years (20+) it has gotten worse and now it's at the stage where it is so bad I can smell it when I open my mouth or I can just taste it. No lick and sniff required.

Back to the diet.... I've slipped up big style in the last week a few times purely due to my love of food. I'm on holiday next week which I know will just be a food and drink fest but I am determined on my return to be 99% strict and cut out as many carbs as possible. God knows what I'm going to eat :( I'm just over 8 stone so I reckon my weight will drop even more.

Also I do have one mercury filling which I believe is also a contributing factor as I can taste it so I'm going to get it replaced with a white one ASAP.

Apologies for the long post. Would be great to keep in touch with your progress.
sadandlonely
Total Newbie

Post by sadandlonely »

Captain

P.S. Sorry to hear about your episode with the chicken. Was it organic? I believe 'regular' chicken or any type of meat should be avoided as they are pumped with antibiotics which as you know is a no no.
captain_cooch

Post by captain_cooch »

S&L--

The chicken was organic but I think I may have left it in the fridge too long... cause it was slimy when i rinsed it. But i was starving so I ate it anyway... probably not the smartest thing :oops:
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I started this diet more than 1 week ago and about 3 days into it, I see a huge improvement on my breath. My mouth tastes sweet most of the time except when I eat pork. I guess pork is off my list.
Now that I'm bb free, it's overwhelming and i'm quite happy.
sadandlonely
Total Newbie

Post by sadandlonely »

Hi Captain & ithurts

Just wondering how your diet and BB is doing? What do you guys mainly eat and snack on, particular for breakfast?

Thanks again :)
captain_cooch

Post by captain_cooch »

sadandlonely wrote:Hi Captain & ithurts

Just wondering how your diet and BB is doing? What do you guys mainly eat and snack on, particular for breakfast?

Thanks again :)
Hi SL

I have fallen off the diet a bit.. well not entirely. Basically I have been drinking on the weekends which I am not happy with myself about.

I'm kind of in a unique situation where I am in recovery of about a year binge of hard drug use (And I blame BB 100% for causing the depression that led to it). So I've found it twice as difficult to deal with life straight and stay on the diet.

I'm about to get on some antidepressants and I'm hoping these can help me through the next 4-6 months (the amount of time I'm expecting it to take to see results) And if it works, I will have no need for them anymore, or any drugs for that matter.

I figure if I don't try this for at least 6 months (with no slip ups), I will regret it for the rest of my life. I am 28 and am tired of living like this. If it works, I still have a chance to get out alive. If not, then I will accept it and either move on with my life or go back to being a walking dead person on drugs.

So anyway back on topic....

Breakfast ideas:
Omelettes (eggs, onion, pepper, sea salt)
Blueberries

Snacks:
Almonds
Macadamias
Celery sticks w/ almond butter
Brown rice cakes (not too many)
Pumpkin seeds
fresh popped (not microwave) popcorn (once a wk or mnth)
sadandlonely
Total Newbie

Post by sadandlonely »

Hi Captain

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I totally understand where you're coming from and when I think about the future it looks very bleak, lonely and pointless. BUT, we've got to stick together and help each other to find a cure to rid this beast once and for all.

I am more or less eating what you've suggested but am having porridge every morning. I have slipped up many times. It's difficult (and boring) going out with friends and drinking water and ordering just salad. I read somewhere though that a lot of people have found the South Beach Diet helpful which concentrates on eating good carbs. Have you heard of it? Maybe we should do this together and keep each other updated on how we're getting on?

I have a mercury filling which gives off a bad taste so I need to get that replaced so will keep you up to date on what effect, if any, that has made.

Keep in touch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic