Your Email Address:

First Name:

Any1 want to meet up around NYC? & thoughts about meetin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
NYConfused
Junior

Any1 want to meet up around NYC? & thoughts about meetin

Post by NYConfused »

Im looking to meet up with someone and be able to get a better understanding of our "problem". I think this can really be helpful as how many of us have actually interacted face to face with someone suffering from the same problems?

i really dont understand peoples hesitance to meet up as who knows, the person you meet could be the most important person you ever speak to regarding your breath. i guess most people are embarrassed to meet? i dont see why as this is probably the only time you will ever cross paths and this person will have the same insecurities you do/you will both "be in the same boat".

we could spend some time together and get to know how bad our breath actually is. we could understand our breath better. ie. if your breath is worse after you brush, after you eat, etc. possibly try product(s) and see how your breath responds. Or see if you are suffering from "halitophobia". we can share our experiences/successes/failures...really whatever you have ever wanted to ask someone about your breath that you were too embarrassed to

this could even be someone you meet up again with to re-assess in the future. it would be even better if several people got together..

i dont know if anyone will meet up (from my experience on this site) but its worth a try

Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

NY Confused - I'd like to meet. I am often so paralized by this problem that meeting anybody - even people who say they suffer from the same thing is just so overwhelming. Do you live or work in the city or near it? If not I'm sure I could travel to where you are. Its so interesting with the amount of people living in NYC I never run in to anybody else with this problem.

But I so agree with you - I think there's so much we can learn from each other and even ultimately help each other figure a way through this hell.
thf
Junior

Post by thf »

NYConfused,

I think that's a great idea. I know there's a lot of encouragement on this board, but one of our biggest problems is that we don't communate with people outside of our homes because we're afraid to speak. So what better way to work on that problem then to meet, hang out and be comfortable speaking with people who won't put you down.

Good luck, i hope it goes well.
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

Bloorain wrote:NY Confused - I'd like to meet. I am often so paralized by this problem that meeting anybody - even people who say they suffer from the same thing is just so overwhelming. Do you live or work in the city or near it? If not I'm sure I could travel to where you are. Its so interesting with the amount of people living in NYC I never run in to anybody else with this problem.

But I so agree with you - I think there's so much we can learn from each other and even ultimately help each other figure a way through this hell.

i dont work in the city, but im not far.. is that where you work/live? where would be a good place for you to meet? id prefer somewhere it wont be so hard to park, but most places will be fine. let me know thanks
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

well just some background on my situation. im a 25 y/o male...I believe i had very bad breath back then. now it is more manageable where i can sometimes get myself to speak face to face with someone, though i am usually holding my breath doing this. ive been told i dont have bb by a doctor(seems like a lot of people on here have), but im pretty sure he wasnt being truthful with me. i think i have odor coming from the nose as well as the mouth.

whether you are in a better or worse situation than me, i think we can help eachother. PM me if interested
longislander
Total Newbie

Post by longislander »

I'm definiltey up for meeting with people... I have been dealing with this for the last 5 years and I have never ever had a conversation with someone about it.. I feel like if I do that it will be like the weight of the world lifted!! haha. I am a 27m.. we can exchange facebooks or something. pm if interested.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

You should go talk to your doctor about it. It's much easier than you think.
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

ithurts wrote:You should go talk to your doctor about it. It's much easier than you think.
i really dont get why people are so scared to talk to their docs/dentists/ or fellow sufferers about it. Whats the worse that could happen? that your thoughts are confirmed, and one more person who u will never see again (outside of revisiting) will know u have bb. whats the best that could happen? you could find out more about your breath, possibly that you are overreacting, etc. these people are the most important people regarding your breath and youre afraid to open up to them cuz u dont want ONE more person smell your breath. i really dont get it. when i go to the dentist i make sure to breathe all over him now cuz who knows he could help me out.

so far i was supposed to meet up with 2 people and both have eventually flaked. most of us are really awkward socially and are not doing enough to help ourselves
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

longislander wrote:I'm definiltey up for meeting with people... I have been dealing with this for the last 5 years and I have never ever had a conversation with someone about it.. I feel like if I do that it will be like the weight of the world lifted!! haha. I am a 27m.. we can exchange facebooks or something. pm if interested.
another fail? lol
badtimes

Post by badtimes »

could i wear a mask? :shock: O:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic