Your Email Address:

First Name:

UK Breath/ Body Odour Meetup, London,12pm Sept 12/13th 2009

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Scientist42
Advanced

UK Breath/ Body Odour Meetup, London,12pm Sept 12/13th 2009

Post by Scientist42 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5zfI-CEno

Hi guys, I want to invite you to the annual UK Meetup, which has been arranged to coincide with the Thames Festival 2009, which is on that whole weekend.

We will meet for coffee outside The Tower Hotel, right next to Tower Bridge, London at 12pm Sat 12th September and 12pm Sun 13th September too. The event lasts the whole day (both days) but members can come and go as they see fit.

This is a social gathering for all people with odour conditions. Advice and stories are shared and is usually a good day out. It is running over two days. Although it is not an official meeting with an agenda, it is an opportunity to meet others and build networks.

I am expecting around 15-20 members in all, including 2 members from the U.S and 2 from Norway. There will ofcourse be discussions about helpful products, testing, diet etc. But it will also be largely a social event to get to know each other so that we can be more effective and for Group support too.

In the evening, you will have a lot of fun. There will be fireworks on the river, floats, carnival, afro-carribean steel bands, barbecue, international food stalls etc etc. ENJOY!

http://www.thamesfestival.org/weekend/highlights/

For those Group members who are traveling from far, I would suggest you book your hotel ASAP. The one I am recomending is the Travelodge in Tower Bridge, London :-

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_a...ostText=london

E-mail address: [email protected]
Phone (land line): +44 (0) 1375 484 269
Mobile +44 07753 492 759

N.B. - I will have my mobile with me the whole weekend and will be checking for texts frequently.

(Only dial the 0 digit if calling FROM the U.K, otherwise leave it out). If calling from the U.S or Canada then prefix the above with 011. If calling from elsewhere then prefix with 00

Please Note - Strictly no photography is allowed of other members although you may take photos or videos of me or Maria if strangely inclined!

Arun Nagrath

macks86
Junior

meet up

Post by macks86 »

hello

i am really keen to meet other bb sufferes, but am really daunted by meeting in a large group, i was going to post if anyone wanted to meet on a one to one basis prior to a larger meet up?

im in london area if anyone interested.
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Macks,
I can meet up with you on a one to one basis on Friday 11th September or Monday 14th September. Let me know.

Arun 01375 484 269
[email protected]
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

hi arun thank you very much for your offer

i was just wondering if there was anyone based in london permanently who would want to meet up regulary? im finding it really difficult here at the moment and to meet someone local with same troubles would be invaluable

thanks guys
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

Just wanted to encourage as many as possible to go to this meetup, and not be shy. It was wonderful last year, everyone is so nice and friendly, and as someone with a tendency towards depression, it made a huge difference in my overall wellbeing last winter. I would really love to be joining you all this year but unfortunately, there is no way that I can reschedule a work commitment.
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

is there no-one available this weekend in london area? the meet up seems so far away, im sturggling to make it to then
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Macks86,
I know it sounds crazy but a lot of people with this condition are terrified of meeting others (even with the same problem!).

It has actually taken me several years just to get a few people together who are prepared to meet once a year.

I can only hypothesize as to the reasons for this reluctance to meet up but I believe it may be due to factors like this:-

1 Halitosis sufferers generally suffer depression :( due to low self-esteem and it actually becomes quite a task to take part in this sort of thing. There have been many a time where I really didn't want to take part, let alone organize, such an event.

2 Due to the stigma of having conditions like this, many members fear the ridicule of being recognised by other people they know :oops: or of being photographed by some thoughtless member who meant no harm

3 Many members live all over the country (not just London) so there are often issues to do with traveling, accomodation and hence cost aswell. Having said that, only a couple of members are actually coming from London itself, we are expecting members from all over the country, even from Norway and USA!

4 Many members also have partners whom they never talk to about this issue. So it becomes a bit awkward to explain where you are going for the day :lol:

Thankyou Katie for putting members at ease about the event. Last year's event was un uplifting experience for me aswell. It is always heartening to be with others who understand what you are going through. I think it also helps enormously that 90% of members are not able to detect one another. This puts people more at ease.
Arun
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

BodyOdorSupport.com is now back in action!

The server move to my host is complete.

As some of you may now, the BodyOdorSupport.com site uses VBulletin, which is probably the best software available for such forums. So far, we have a basic site but I hope to build on this in the near future.

For example, I am planning to soon introduce a Database survey which all members will be able to access so we can look at trends in what tests are useful, which products and diets have helped, what makes the odor worse etc.

I will also be introducing a series of videos to help members see what research is being done on breath and body odor and various clinical aspects related to diagnosis and treatment. These are largely acquired through the numerous scientific conferences I have attended. The last conference I attended was the ISBOR conference in Dortmund, Germany in April 2009.

If you are without diagnosis and are puzzled about your condition, the following posting of mine on that site provides a brief insight to some of the issues involved:-

http://www.bodyodorsupport.com/showthread.php?t=658

I would like to remind members that the site even has it's own Personal Blog space for each member but so far only 2 members have used this valuable feature which I purchased from VBulletin!

I would like to reiterate that Trimethylaminuria is a rare cause of breath/ body odor but secondary tmau (due to microbial overgrowth in the gut) is very much treatable! Hence, in my opinion anyone who suffers chronic breath/ body odour should exclude this possibility after seeing the doctor/ dentist first.

In particular, I would advise trying a low-choline diet and taking lactulose and probiotics long-term. This will give you some indication whether or not you are likely to have secondary tmau. Trying to get a physician to prescribe metronidazole may prove tricky unless you have tested positive for tmau.

Unlike in the U.S, here in the UK, secondary tmau is commonly tested (aswell as primary tmau) by the various testing centres and my personal opinion is that there are now very good grounds for this, especially as this is one of the few causes of breath/ body odor which is treatable!

I have found that there are many people who tested negative for secondary tmau yet still benefit from lactulose/ probiotics and the occasional course of metronidazole. This suggests that microbial overgrowth in the gut may be the cause of some people's breath/ body odor.

Did you know that the bacterial flora you carry in the gut is determined by a variety of factors, obvious is the diet you eat, but did you know that your genes also play a major role?

As many of you know, we have regular phone conferences on FreeConferenceCall.com on alternate Sundays at 2pm EST, the next conference is on 23rd August. These conference calls allow you to share tips and brings our community together. Many members have made new friends there from the same city/ State.

Unfortunately, not all members can take part in these conference calls because of other commitments, or they live in different countries and the time zones make it inconvenient. Also, the calls are only free if you live in the U.S. Hence we are trying to get all members to take part in Yahoo voice chats.

For this, you will need to download Yahoo Messenger then add my Yahoo ID which is ArunNagrath then just chat with me whenever you see me online. I will gradually add more members with time and let you know when we have enough members to schedule our own Yahoo Messenger voice chats.
Arun
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic