Your Email Address:

First Name:

tried the whole nutritionalist thing today!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sally

tried the whole nutritionalist thing today!

Post by Sally »

Hi Guys,

Ok so I'm still trying to stick to the low protein diet as it did seem to be working for a short while....

So anyway a friend of mine suggested going to a nutritionalist so I went today.

Usual outcome I feel - allergy to wheat, yeast, BEER (man!!) Chocolate and Wine... :(

Now I'm not being funny but could she have actually choose any worse foods for me to be allergic to!!!

I can give up the bread but if I give up BEER/WINE and CHOCOLATE I don't think it's worth living.....

Anyone out there had allergy tests done, then followed the diet and got rid of their BB?

x

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

How did she perform the test? Probably some nonsense new-age test which you should not be taking seriously 8)
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Hi Sally,

I haven't had any allergy testing yet but I definitely would like to. I cut out wheat from my diet about 2 months ago on a hunch and my PND practically disappeared over night. Every now and then I cheat on my diet though and the PND comes right back. I figure if my diet is 98% wheat free that's close enough. C
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

can you reccomend any alternatives to wheat? i practically live on pasta and bread....
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Hi Macks86,

Wheat alternatives. Items followed by (G) contain Gluten:

Almond - flour and meal
Amaranth - whole (as hot cereal), flour, puffed
Barley (G)whole hulled, flakes, flour
Buckwheat - whole groats, cereal, flour (raw or roasted)
Cassava - flour (whole root, dried, ground; tapioca starch is refined from this). Not generally available in stores, see mail order source.
Chestnut - flour
Chickpea - flour
Flaxseed - whole and meal
Hazelnut - flour and meal
Jerusalem artichoke - flour
Kamut* (G) brand whole grains, flakes, flour, pasta
Kuzu (also called Kudzu) - starch

Legume Flours - yellow & green pea, red & green lentil, white, lima & pinto bean
Malanga - flour
Millet - whole grain, flour
Milo/sorghum - flour
Oat (G)- Scotch style, flour, oat bran, rolled flakes
Pearled Millet - whole, flour
Poi (dehydrated) - starch and flour
Potato, white - flour, starch
Quinoa - whole, flour, puffed
Rice (short, medium, long grain) - whole, flour, pasta, puffed, cakes, crackers
Rye (G)- flakes, flour, WASA cracker(Light Rye has no yeast, only rye flour, water, and salt)
Soy - flakes, grits, flour
Spelt (G) - whole grains, flakes flour, pasta
Tapioca - starch flour, "pearls" of small, medium or large granules, such as Minute Tapioca (see also cassava)
Teff - whole (for hot cereal), flour
Water Chestnut - flour
White Sweet Potato - flour
Wild Rice - whole
Yam (true yam) - flour
Lotus - flour, pasta

http://www.imbris.net/~mastent/wheatfre.html

The following website has information as well. You can still have pasta and bread but just made with the aforementioned substitutes. I didn't realize there were that many choices out there. That's good because I'm getting a wee bit bored of millet, brown rice and rice cakes. Hope this helps. Cheers. C

http://rwood.com/Articles/Tasty_Wheat_Alternatives.htm
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Hi Sally,

If you haven't already tried it carob makes a decent chocolate substitute. It's also chock full of vitamins and minerals to boot. I can't think of any beer or wine substitutes yet but if I do I'll let you know! Cheers. C

http://www.infowest.com/business/g/gentle/carob.html
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

caramiamine98 wrote:Hi Macks86,

Wheat alternatives. Items followed by (G) contain Gluten:

Almond - flour and meal
Amaranth - whole (as hot cereal), flour, puffed
Barley (G)whole hulled, flakes, flour
Buckwheat - whole groats, cereal, flour (raw or roasted)
Cassava - flour (whole root, dried, ground; tapioca starch is refined from this). Not generally available in stores, see mail order source.
Chestnut - flour
Chickpea - flour
Flaxseed - whole and meal
Hazelnut - flour and meal
Jerusalem artichoke - flour
Kamut* (G) brand whole grains, flakes, flour, pasta
Kuzu (also called Kudzu) - starch

Legume Flours - yellow & green pea, red & green lentil, white, lima & pinto bean
Malanga - flour
Millet - whole grain, flour
Milo/sorghum - flour
Oat (G)- Scotch style, flour, oat bran, rolled flakes
Pearled Millet - whole, flour
Poi (dehydrated) - starch and flour
Potato, white - flour, starch
Quinoa - whole, flour, puffed
Rice (short, medium, long grain) - whole, flour, pasta, puffed, cakes, crackers
Rye (G)- flakes, flour, WASA cracker(Light Rye has no yeast, only rye flour, water, and salt)
Soy - flakes, grits, flour
Spelt (G) - whole grains, flakes flour, pasta
Tapioca - starch flour, "pearls" of small, medium or large granules, such as Minute Tapioca (see also cassava)
Teff - whole (for hot cereal), flour
Water Chestnut - flour
White Sweet Potato - flour
Wild Rice - whole
Yam (true yam) - flour
Lotus - flour, pasta

http://www.imbris.net/~mastent/wheatfre.html

The following website has information as well. You can still have pasta and bread but just made with the aforementioned substitutes. I didn't realize there were that many choices out there. That's good because I'm getting a wee bit bored of millet, brown rice and rice cakes. Hope this helps. Cheers. C

http://rwood.com/Articles/Tasty_Wheat_Alternatives.htm
Thanks for this.

Might I suggest trying gluten free corn (masa) wraps instead of bread. they taste fine, and have a consistency that almost makes it feel like there is cheese in the sandwich.
Sally

Post by Sally »

the test was done with a small magnetic ball type of thing that she rolled across a pulse point on my wrist, my other thumb then had a metal clip on it and she placed various food types in the machine to gage a reation! may well all be hocus pocus but ive felt much better for following the wheat free diet for the last few weeks.
And I hate to speak too soon but I think my breath is definitely fresher..:-)

Thanks for the tips on trying carob instead of chocolate will give it a go...
still waiting for a wine substitute - in the meantime still on the full bodied red stuff :-)

x
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Hi Sally,

How about unsweetened grape juice as a wine substitute? It has all the same health benefits of wine except without the alcohol. I used to drink it all the time. It's pretty good. I'm going to see if my naturopath does the same kind of allergy testing you tried. I just hope I don't have to cross even more foods off my list. [-o<

Hi Elliott,

Thanks for the masa suggestion. I haven't found any yet but will continue looking for it. It sounds much tastier than boring old rice cakes! :D
TiredofThis

Post by TiredofThis »

Hi Sally.
I have also given up chocolate as my bad breath is due to dairy. It's SO hard, I'm a complete chocolate addict!

Try Tropical Source bars. You can even google VEGAN CHOCOLATE and see what comes up. It's quite good...and of course you can by vegan chocolate chips to make cookies and such. It helps a lot!

There are tons of vegan websites out there that sell treats that would be excellent for you, and some of the food is very, very good! You'd be surprised what you can find!

It'll restore your outlook on life! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic