Your Email Address:

First Name:

My blue light diary

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

My blue light diary

Post by meowkity1 »

Well I guess it was delivered yesterday I went to put an envelpe in this morning and there it was
I am not going to gargle with peroxide because it hurts my upper mouth so I am going to brush on the peroxide
I did it and the white did seem to diminish
the light is alot smaller than I expected. My tongue is wide, so it did not cover the whole area
Ill have to do the front then the back
My tongue is kind of wide , I had the light focused in the middle of my tongue, and what do you know the side that the light idint reach seemed to be whiter,
So my first days conclusion is the area of my tongue that I shined the light on was pinker, it seemed fresaher too.

One little note, be careful with your eyes, I shined in my eyes just for a second and it did not feel good (not on purpose)

sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

You need to wear a gold tinted sunglasses to prevent accidental eye contact with the light . Also did you use the dental mirror to shine the far back of the tongue where the coat is thickest .
blondie1969
Total Newbie

Post by blondie1969 »

Hi, I suffer bb for a very long time , i live in Canada so any ideals as to where i can get this item that your using for bb?
Thank you for posting your diary about this new experiment, this is the only way we all can help eachother.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

blondie I got mines on ebay you can buy for $18 or you can bid. I won my bid for $12
sadman I donot have a mirror but my tongue actually cames far out enough to hit my thick pile in the back
Isaid ealier my tongue was pinker and I may have exagerated too soon. After I posted earlier I got right up and scraped my tongue, and the part I thought turned pnk, didnt as much as I thought. So anyway I scraped my ongue and there was alot of white still once I STOOD THE TONGUE HAIRS UP. This worries me because it may not be effective for prople who have long tongue hairs. Its like you can brush them either way
So I conclude its probably a good idea to scrape the hairs to stand up so the light can reach deep down
I am just so tired. Alot of the time I dont want to ga anywhere because my routine takes so ****ing long. I shower mostly at night, but lately Iv been jumping in just so I can partially relax while I brush for 10 mins or more with 2 or 3 different pastes. I am so tired of bending over the sink. I am just so tired
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Before using the light , brush your tongue with a diluted solution of H2O2 and scrape it . It might take time since hairy tongue can be caused by overgrowth of bacteria and yeast

* Gently brush the tongue with a toothbrush twice daily. Then rinse the mouth with a dilute solution of hydrogen peroxide (1 part peroxide to 5 parts water), or apply the solution with a toothbrush. Rinse the mouth with plain water.
* Maintain good oral hygiene with regular tooth brushing.
* Minimize mouthwash use and avoid smoking or chewing tobacco.
* Eat more foods with fiber (fruits and vegetables); sucking on pieces of fresh pineapple may also be helpful.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Well just before i used it the last time I was licking and sucking on the roof of my mouth with my tongue, and I notice way in the back was a little more warm slimy and tasted not horrendouse, but not as clean as the front roof of my mouth.
So I used the light and it reached the area I thought was tasting bad. And after I was done I sucked again and it didnt taste bad anymore. It doesnt seem to actually magically diminish the coting, but my mouth seems to be fresher after using it.
I am not cured.
I am going to put some thera breath the oxygenizing one and use the light with that and see what happens
I have been using it for 10 mins or more. I am not timing it I just use it until my mouth hurts
One thing I am wondering is most light sources need a warm up period before its effective. I have a sperti facial tanner and it has a five minute warm up period
Today I am going to leve the light on while I am cleaning my mouth and see if it makes a difference warming it up first.
I did notice in my mouth that in the end the led was hotter than when I first started.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Kitty, stay away from thera breath it sucks, makes your breath worse
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I really dont think this is helping much. Right after I use it I seem to be fresher, but it only takes an hour for the bacteria to repopulate and my tongue is white again
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

meowkity1 wrote:I really dont think this is helping much. Right after I use it I seem to be fresher, but it only takes an hour for the bacteria to repopulate and my tongue is white again
For Streptococcus Mutans , there is a synergic antibacterial effect between blue light and H2O2. The combination of light exposure for 20 s (~23 J/cm2) and a concentration of 0.3 mM H2O2 yielded 96% growth inhibition, whereas, when they were applied separately, bacterial growth was decreased by 3% when exposed to light and by 30% in the presence of H2O2 as compared with the control. So I think that you can try a combination of Blue light and 50/50 3% hydrogen peroxide applied by a toothbrush on the tongue . Right now I don't know what the power intensity of the Blue LED flashlight is , so for a dose of 23 J/cm2 , I don't know how much time we need to use the light . The light they used in the study has an intensity of 1114 mW/cm2 over a spot of 0.75cm ( 0.6 cm2 ), so the exposure time needed is 20 s . If we use the dental curing light ( >1000 mW/cm2) to shine the front of the tongue (20 cm2) , we will need an exposure time of ( 20 s x 20 ) : 0.6 = 700 s ( >10 min ) and the same for the back of the tongue ( >10 min ) . Since the flashlight has 21 LED , I need to find out the power intensity of the whole flashlight and from there the treatment time( it will be less , I think ) . The success ( or failure ) of phototherapy depends on INTENSITY (mW/cm2), DOSE (J/cm2 ) and TREATMENT DURATION ( days ? , for example for treating acne , two 15' sessions per week for 4 weeks and so on .. ) So don't be discouraged .

Also you need to use the dental mirror to direct the light to the far back of the tongue , the pharynx and the nasopharynx
Danmeister
Total Newbie

Post by Danmeister »

Ive had this flash light for about a week now, I haven't been using it religiously but have been using it with hydrogen perox and for over 2mins with a dental mirror.Not seeing any difference personally, but from shining a light into my mouth it has brought to my attention quite a bit of plaque around the bottom of my grinding teeth and also some black spots on the surface of them. After a good clean, floss and the usual I can eventually taste that shiteness when I swallow, so Im leaning towards my diet as well as oral hygiene. Not to say this blue LED stuff should be ruled out, it only cost me about £25 to try.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Danmeister wrote:Ive had this flash light for about a week now, I haven't been using it religiously but have been using it with hydrogen perox and for over 2mins with a dental mirror.Not seeing any difference personally, but from shining a light into my mouth it has brought to my attention quite a bit of plaque around the bottom of my grinding teeth and also some black spots on the surface of them. After a good clean, floss and the usual I can eventually taste that shiteness when I swallow, so Im leaning towards my diet as well as oral hygiene. Not to say this blue LED stuff should be ruled out, it only cost me about £25 to try.
Here is the link about dental plaque . I don;" t think the light from the flashlight can reach the side of the gums that is close to the buccal mucosa so you might need to uase another device such as the dental curing light . BTW can you tell us more clearly how do you use the flashlight on the tongue ,

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:4k ... =firefox-a

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/mic ... y/117296/2
Danmeister
Total Newbie

Post by Danmeister »

I just stick my tongue out as far as I can and shine it on as close as possible without touching,After that I have one of those dental mirrors to reflect it down to the back of my tongue. I dont get tonsil stones often and when I do they are very small in comparison to pics I see on the internet but if I stick my finger in and around them that only too familiar smell is there. Perhaps there's a way of using the light on the tonsils...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Danmeister, that shiteness when u swallow i think you'll find is your tonsils. I say that because after my tonsillectomy that diminised quite a lot for me, although it made zero difference to my bad breath overall (as confirmed by a confidante). The reason for the shiteness in your tonsils is the high levels of VSCs and other "shite" chemicals inside your mouth. If you are finding all that hidden plaque on your teeth.. well.. its not normal and you should either improve your cleaning routines or see a dentist and find out? Sorry if im being patronizing I just get frustrated when I've been through this same hell and I know something which might help.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Well went to docs today.
I told her I have bbb bad smell from nose, 2sinus infections since January. possible hairy tongue. stuffed up
I told her I wanted a nose fungus spray, she said there is none
I told her I ruled out all dental causes.
Thank God she didnt say " I dont sence anything"
She believed me and went on to say that people have hali for different reasons. She had the nerve to say my tongue looks normal. This cant be possible she is not a dentist.
I told her when I sneeze I can taste bad coming from sinuses
She sighned me up for a ct scan tomorrow. terrific, and very thankful for that. She said theres no fungal sparay for nose but she gave me a fungal mouthwash. Its powderedd nystatin. The pharm was out so I have to get it tomorow. She also gave me the usual nose spray.
I asked her if she knew about coilodal silver nose spray (may have spelled wrong). She said no
I think most of us could be docs, we seem to know more about this shit them then
I also got ent referal
She tried to say if ct scan came back normal, I dont need ent.
I said please just give it to me. My sons ent said tonsils are big, and could have crypts that could contribute. She agreed
I cant wait til tomorow.
I am hoping for reallly bad news, because if they say nothings wrong, I am going to feel really helpless
I kept thinking in the car on the way home (wow fungal mouthrinse, this will really help my nose fart)
So I guess the only good out of this is I hav the ct scanned for tomorow. and the referal for ent.
I will request the tonsilectomy and anoid removal, just to see if they were filled with bacteria
Anyone here know if the can see bacteria and organisms on ct scans. or will the scan just be looking for blockages, and wierd developments? Thanka
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

they gave me the nytatin powder form, and I was just reading that you can put this is your nose by sniffing it or making a so called snizzle, nystatin with water.
My son actually has some nystatin cream I may try puting this in my nose
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic