Your Email Address:

First Name:

MY life of living with halitosis in great britain

Tell us your story with bad breath
firebreath
Junior

MY life of living with halitosis in great britain

Post by firebreath »

First , I am newbie to this site , any mistakes i make here are purely by accident - thankyou.

Hi, let me introduce myself , i am a male , 40 years old , living in great britain (birmingham) and suffer from bad breath.

I am extremely lucky as i have a wife , and 5 children , oldest 2 are in teens - I am the only one that smells.

As far as i can look back , my breath has stunk, My mum even said it to me at the age of around 7 , as well as kids at school.I had very poor oral hygiene until the age of about 10, infact i cannot remember brushing at a young age.

My parents are fine , no smell from them,though my mum did have all her teeth taken out when she was 30 or so years old.
However, i have an older brother who really did smell , until recently he suffered like the rest of us,But he had something done a few years ago which stopped the smell.
He is older than i am , and i found it difficult to ask him what he did to help himself - due to a family feud he no longer talks to the rest of my family so i will never know.
One of his son's did smell ,due to a diet of candy all his teeth had to be surgically removed at that age of 5 & he no longer smells.

My dentist says my teeth and gums are fine & have tried all the 'gimmicks' sorry mouthwashes , but i still get the same gestures from others like taking deep breaths , sighs , and constant yawning , holding nose etc..

I will be going to london clinic in the next week or so , they will use a halimeter to see where the smell orginates from & perform deep gum cleaning which will be about an hour & half long.

I pray that it works...

MeToo
Total Newbie

Post by MeToo »

Welcome to the forum, Firebreath. We have a collection of people from everywhere that sign into the forum. We are all trying different things and posting possible cures in hopes of helping someone. Some people have been cured with tonsillectomies, diet changes, using waterpiks, or a combination of things. The rest of us are still hopeful and trying new things. We all have our down days, but, at least you can come to the site for some hope, even if you don't post. There's a lot of good information already on the site that you can search through and post replies or ask questions about. Jimi is the site administrator, please read his information under the Topics section. Feel free to post results from your visit to London. I pray that it works for you.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

thanks to all out there on this forum,
Actually it's kind of weird to share my experience of this ailment as we all can never (thankfully) appreciate how appalling we truly smell,However,this forum really does help.Indeed , sometimes we can be a bit too sensitive when someone gives a gesturing hint - I am certain there are 'levels' of pungency in all of us , not all smell as bad as others,still, any smell is bad though.

I thought my life experiences were horrible but some of the stuff people here had to put up with (and still do) makes me one of the 'luckier' ones.

We are humans , we have noses , we have brains , unpleasant odours = terrible time and thats a fact , just be human and do the best you can to put up with it - on both sides...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic