Your Email Address:

First Name:

please, i need some ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

sorry, I only had a few seconds to reply earlier and not had any chance to come on since so it came out a bit harsh.

I dont think your dentist would dither.. he's either able to do it or he isnt and he'd make that clear.

I got my tooth extracted by normal dentist and it was a breeze. So were my top ones. As long as the one u want removed is fairly well erupted then it shouldnt be a problem.

danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:sorry, I only had a few seconds to reply earlier and not had any chance to come on since so it came out a bit harsh.

I dont think your dentist would dither.. he's either able to do it or he isnt and he'd make that clear.

I got my tooth extracted by normal dentist and it was a breeze. So were my top ones. As long as the one u want removed is fairly well erupted then it shouldnt be a problem.
i think my tooth that i think is causing me the problem is quite similar to yours the way that you describe it, so hopefully there will be no problem after

i think i will be in more physical pain when my left lower one comes out

sux, did you always get the same strongness of smell(if that makes sense) when you rubbed your finger around your problem wisdom tooth? or was it always the same strongness of smell?

sometimes when i do it the smell is really bad, but other times the smell does not seem as strong.i just wonder if this would be normal if it the wisdom tooth that is infecting my mouth

and did you notice you breath/taste was stronger after eating certain foods? i know we discussed alcohol but i always think my taste gets worst after i have eaten chocolate, especially if i do at night and then im sure my breath in the morning is even worse
danger
Master

Post by danger »

i have been playing around the tooth a bit with my finger this afternoon and i think i have found where the worst smell is coming from

i usually put my finger on the back of the tooth furthest into the mouth, where is is impacted the most

but now i just put the finger where the outside of the tooth is, and where it has come through the most, and put my finger nail on like the gumline and then i smell and that is definitely the worst smell i have had yet from that tooth. god knows what it is like where i cant get my finger in

and i can also feel the tiniest of gaps where all this shit can get into
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi danger,
the smell was pretty much constant for me, not matter what I did or ate, except for the few weeks before I had the tooth out when I used my tongue to keep the area clean and noticed a huge improvement overall. I also tried syringeing into the gum surrounding this tooth a few times with all kinds of chemicals, even neat bleach, but it doesnt take long for the germs to get back in and start producing their stench again so not much I could ever to make a difference that was worthwhile bothering with.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

sux, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but was there a particular part of your wisdom tooth area that smelt the worst when you put your finger around it?

i have found a part in recent days where i get definitely the worst smell, it is where the tooth meets the gumline on the outside of the tooth

i am beginning to think that my left lower wisdom which is impacted the most is not really contributing to my bad breath and taste. i still want to get it out though

i guess i should just wait now until i get this tooth out now and stop worrying. i have probably read so many things on impacted teeth in the last 2 weeks i really should know everything by now
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

halitosisux how long did it take after you pulled tooth, for your mouth to go back to normal.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi danger,
ALL the odour for me was oozing out where the gum joins the tooth. But, my horizontally impacted tooth (which is still in) isnt producing any odour at all - Its very deep inside the gum and totally submerged.

Meowkity,
If you've ever had an adult tooth extracted, you'll know that for a few days there are some odd tastes from the blood n guts and general healing processes. But I knew almost immediately my mouth smelled differently and within a very short time after most of the healing was through, I knew I'd finally found the cause of my BB.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

hi sux
what you say is similar to me, my left lower which is really impacted is not producing that much odor when i mess with it

anyway, just thought i would say that after being able to catch my dentist yesterday when he was free, he said that he will take the right lower one out first next tuesday, so only 1 week to go before this bugger comes out :)
he will take an upper wisdom out a week later and the other upper wisdom out a week after that
i am still waiting to hear from the hospital to when the left lower one can come out

i have been in two minds about whether getting the upper wisdoms out is worth the hassle but i have decided that i will take no chances and will just get all my wisdoms out

sux, with your experience of getting wisdoms out do you think a week between each extraction is enough? my dentist seems to think so as long as i was happy with it
were you feeling any pain a week after any of your extractions? that you could not have went through with another one?
i think the most pain i will be in is after my left lower one comes out because that is really in deep, but that will be a few weeks at least after the other ones so i am not really concerned about that

and another couple of questions sux when you have the chance
are you going to get your left lower one out any time soon? or are you just leaving it in if it does not cause you any problems?

and, what was your daily oral hygiene routine say the few months before you got the bad tooth out? and what is it now since you got it out?

like, how many times you brush, floss, use mothwash etc?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

sorry sux, one more question

about your tongue
i know you said that when you had bad breath it was always at least a bit coated
what is it like now when you look in the mirror? is it still coated like it was when you had bad breath but it just doesnt smell, or is it now just pink with no coating on it?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hey danger that's great you've got that organised now and best of luck to you.

Although both my upper wisdoms were as crowded as the rest of my teeth they werent impacted and they came out almost effortlessly.

Lower tooth seemed to take longer but fortunately no complications and within around a week I was no longer conscious of anything.

I think that apart from the fact you'll have to pay for the extraction of the uppers rather than have them out for free at hospital, you are doing the right thing by having them out asap.

In the new year i'll see about getting my other impacted tooth out, but right now I dont want to risk my health in any way.

As long as your dentist is happy with your time-frame then there's nothing to worry about. The deeply impacted tooth you'll be having out in hospital will probably be a bit more painful for obvious reasons, but the gum is usually stitched together after since it has to be opened up in order to remove the tooth, so least you'll have less chance of the complications that can sometimes arise from the exposed socket of a standard extraction.

My oral hygiene ever since around the time I had my tonsillecomy in 1997 has only ever been to brush my teeth with standard fluoride toothpaste twice a day and flossing once a day - no mouthwashes whatsoever. Before that I used to scrape my tongue, but that was until I realised that gagging and risking losing my breakfast into the sink wasnt worth just having a cleaner looking tongue - In my case I honestly think that scraping/brushing my tongue was worse overall for my breath than not doing so. Once that coating grows thick from damage it just becomes a vicious circle. Katz & co dont want anyone to know this otherwise it screws up their business model.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:Hey danger that's great you've got that organised now and best of luck to you.

Although both my upper wisdoms were as crowded as the rest of my teeth they werent impacted and they came out almost effortlessly.

Lower tooth seemed to take longer but fortunately no complications and within around a week I was no longer conscious of anything.

I think that apart from the fact you'll have to pay for the extraction of the uppers rather than have them out for free at hospital, you are doing the right thing by having them out asap.

In the new year i'll see about getting my other impacted tooth out, but right now I dont want to risk my health in any way.

As long as your dentist is happy with your time-frame then there's nothing to worry about. The deeply impacted tooth you'll be having out in hospital will probably be a bit more painful for obvious reasons, but the gum is usually stitched together after since it has to be opened up in order to remove the tooth, so least you'll have less chance of the complications that can sometimes arise from the exposed socket of a standard extraction.

My oral hygiene ever since around the time I had my tonsillecomy in 1997 has only ever been to brush my teeth with standard fluoride toothpaste twice a day and flossing once a day - no mouthwashes whatsoever. Before that I used to scrape my tongue, but that was until I realised that gagging and risking losing my breakfast into the sink wasnt worth just having a cleaner looking tongue - In my case I honestly think that scraping/brushing my tongue was worse overall for my breath than not doing so. Once that coating grows thick from damage it just becomes a vicious circle. Katz & co dont want anyone to know this otherwise it screws up their business model.
thanks for the reply sux

so you dont brush or scrape your tongue at all anymore and it never smells? that is quite surreal

the back of my tongue has never really smelt even through this, mainly the middle third has. so things like gagging has never really been a serious problem for me, just getting the tongue to remain clean has, which it has never been during the last year or so. i wish i could go back a few years and smell my tongue and see what it smelt like then.

sux, do you think tongue scrapers and tongue brushes in general are just another way to make money then?
do you think it is possible to have bad breath coming from the tongue if you have no other problems? or is a smelly tongue just a symptom of a problem somewhere else(mainly the mouth) as in your case?

what is the area like now where your problem tooth was?. is it just flat?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

hi, it's different in each case but generally speaking most direct methods against bad breath/oral bacteria such as scraping and mouthwashes tend to wear off as the tongue produces a thicker coating as it's defense mechanism and any improvements that are noticed are short-lived as the microbial flora tends to shift to being populated by more resistant species to the antibacterial measures being taken, and you go back to square one again - in much the same way as antibiotics do.

No doubt scraping etc for some people improves their breath somewhat, but overall I think the whole business model of breath freshness companies is to get people to become conscious and obsessed with their tongues and the concentrated odours and tastes that build up there, which dont necessarily always correlate to having bad breath, but they just want people to fall into the trap of feeling as though without performing certain oral measures their breath is guaranteed to smell bad.

Some people have smelly tongues and cant find any reason for it. If I could explain that one then I'd probably be able to solve most people's cause on here. Personally, I think its far more likely that the particular person hasnt actually found a particular primary cause to cause the secondary effect of their tongue to smell - or the primary underlying reason still remains a total mystery to the researchers out there.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:hi, it's different in each case but generally speaking most direct methods against bad breath/oral bacteria such as scraping and mouthwashes tend to wear off as the tongue produces a thicker coating as it's defense mechanism and any improvements that are noticed are short-lived as the microbial flora tends to shift to being populated by more resistant species to the antibacterial measures being taken, and you go back to square one again - in much the same way as antibiotics do.

No doubt scraping etc for some people improves their breath somewhat, but overall I think the whole business model of breath freshness companies is to get people to become conscious and obsessed with their tongues and the concentrated odours and tastes that build up there, which dont necessarily always correlate to having bad breath, but they just want people to fall into the trap of feeling as though without performing certain oral measures their breath is guaranteed to smell bad.

Some people have smelly tongues and cant find any reason for it. If I could explain that one then I'd probably be able to solve most people's cause on here. Personally, I think its far more likely that the particular person hasnt actually found a particular primary cause to cause the secondary effect of their tongue to smell - or the primary underlying reason still remains a total mystery to the researchers out there.
once again sux, you make a point that i can relate to

when i started noticing a bad smell from my tongue im sure my tongue was not that coated, it just stank. but then after i started scraping twice a day, im sure it became much more coated, especially in the morning.

sux, i know you have no odour from your tongue anymore, but what does it look like compared to when you had bad breath? does it look similar?ie-coating etc?

and also, what does it look like now where your bad tooth was? is it just flat in that area now? and have you ever detected an odour from where your bad wisdom tooth was since you got it out, ever, apart from maybe the short time afterwards?
Your Friend
Total Newbie

Post by Your Friend »

Hi Danger,

It sounds to me that you are probably suffering from Candidiasis. This can affect your gastrointestinal tract (gut) and your oral cavity (mouth).

Have you tried www.halitosisgoneforgood.com? \:D/
danger
Master

Post by danger »

Your Friend wrote:Hi Danger,

It sounds to me that you are probably suffering from Candidiasis. This can affect your gastrointestinal tract (gut) and your oral cavity (mouth).

Have you tried www.halitosisgoneforgood.com? \:D/
jimi, time to do some banning
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic