Your Email Address:

First Name:

My bad breath was from my esophagus (throat), not my mouth..

Tell us your story with bad breath
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

vilenin89 wrote:Harry:

You might consider a TMAU test maybe. Maybe there is a correlation between you taking those Cod Liver oil caps and the odor getting worse. It's worth looking into. Good luck!
I don't buy into this TMAU thing for a couple reasons.

1) If someone tests positive for TMAU, he has body odor. I remember some people here, i believe it was Larc, who said that it's possible to have TMAU and only suffer from BB. So i emailed a physician from some tmau website and asked him if that was possible: he was very clear that b.o is THE symptom, if you don't have b.o, you don't have tmau.

2) This is all open to interpretation but if you've taken the time to read TMAU support groups, you'll find that their stories don't match ours at all. It was very obvious to me that b.b and b.o are very different, both in symptoms and consequences.

3) I've never heard of a BB sufferer who improved on a low-choline diet. It's very easy to test, eat low-choline food for couple days, then switch to a high-choline diet. Or vice versa.

That being said, there's no downsides to getting tested for TMAU but i wouldn't make it a priority if you don't have b.o.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

agree
vilenin89
Junior

Post by vilenin89 »

TMAU can be mostly from the mouth and nose (excreted from lungs). I have heard of several people who've had BB as the symptom and have benefited from a low choline diet.. ie: Mpdela's son.

My message was for Harry and makes perfect sense if you read his post. He should get a test given the fact that cod liver made his odor significantly worse. Secondary or minor cases of TMAU cause the breath odor and the symptoms do seem to overlap.
sneezeeffect

Post by sneezeeffect »

been on biozole for about 5 days already and no improvements yet
sneezeeffect

Post by sneezeeffect »

actually 8 days
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

Hi sneezeeffect,

Noticed any side effects?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey Everyone,

I went over to *(editied by author)* and am in the process of building a simple little website all about Candida. It is totally not finished yet, and it is going to be very simple in design (I am no web designer by any means), but I think it will be useful and easy to navigate. Anyway, I'm gonna be doing a lot more work to it in the coming weeks, so feel free to add it to your favorites. Here is the web address (LOL, it looks really messy right now guys, be patient with me, and yes, I linked this site over on that site, right on the homepage where everyone can see it, just in case Jimi asks).

*(editied by author)*

Also, I created a group on *(editied by author)*. I read Jimi's post that he might have to shut down this site for awhile, so if that happens then at least with *(editied by author)* everyone can have a place to connect with each other. *(editied by author)* is by no means as advanced as this forum is. It's very simple and isn't meant to take the place of this forum. Just something in the interim I guess. Here is the website.

*(editied by author)*

Again, I just made that *(editied by author)* too, so there's not really anything on it, but i'll be updating it as well in the weeks to come.

Both those creations are specifically about Candida, not so much bad breath, but of course since that is the whole reason that brought me to this forum I will focus on bad breath as much as I can....

Happy New Years Everyone! :D
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
letstry
Total Newbie

Post by letstry »

KeepTrying09,

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing the info. I have couple of things now to give it a try. 1) Tonsillectomy 2) Candida medication. Until today I was believing it is my tonsils which are manufacturing bugs and I have scheduled a surgery for Jan 7th. I am kinda confused now and rethinking if my bb is coz of Candida. Did you ever smell your saliva from posterior part of the tongue and if so, does tht use to smell stinky? Did you use to have bad taste in the mouth?

Thanks
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

letstry wrote:KeepTrying09,

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing the info. I have couple of things now to give it a try. 1) Tonsillectomy 2) Candida medication. Until today I was believing it is my tonsils which are manufacturing bugs and I have scheduled a surgery for Jan 7th. I am kinda confused now and rethinking if my bb is coz of Candida. Did you ever smell your saliva from posterior part of the tongue and if so, does tht use to smell stinky? Did you use to have bad taste in the mouth?

Thanks
Hey letstry,

I had a tonsillectomy too, as well as having all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Of course that didn't work for me because that wasn't the problem in my case. Maybe it will work for you though. Good luck with it and let us know if it cured you or not.

To answer your questions, yes I used to do the licking the back of my wrist and then smelling it test. Personally I don't feel like this test is an accurate way to determine if you have bad breath or not. Reason being is because I have done this (after I was treated for Candida) and of course I thought it didn't really smell that great, but nobody around me seemed to be reacting to bad breath. That is, no one would cover their nose, move away from me, offer me gum, etc... About the bad taste in mouth, of course if I ate something bad like junk food or drank alcohol I used to get a bad taste in my mouth. But my mouth would taste normal for the most part. I was never able to smell my own breath, which is why I had to rely on what other people told me or the way they reacted when I would speak to them or get close to them.
sneezeeffect

Post by sneezeeffect »

nope no side effects.. but not effective =(
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

sneezeeffect wrote:nope no side effects.. but not effective =(
Didn't work for me either.

The search continues.

We will prevail.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Archimonde wrote:Didn't work for me either.

The search continues.

We will prevail.
Hey Archi,

I really hate to hear that. Yours was the *(editied by author)*, so I was kinda hoping Candida was the cause of your bad breath. Can I ask what was the outcome with your tongue? You said it was getting pinker. Did it continue to get any pinker? Also, can I ask how are you gauging your breath?

Look on the bright side though. At least you can now check Candida off your list of possible causes. The more things you are able to check off that list, the closer you are to finding what's causing your case of bad breath. I think most of us have to go through that process anyway. I tried at least 90% of all possible cures for bad breath before I discovered what my cause was, and that took 10 years! Some people are lucky and they come across the cause for their bad breath early on when going down that list. Others don't find their cause until they get towards the bottom of the list.

But you will find your cause. I have faith in that!
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoping

Post by hoping »

I have nose BB (fecal and all sorts of other odor)and I have been taking Fluconazole and GoldenSeal for 5 weeks...I started to notice improvement on the 4th week. I guess for people who have nose BB, it takes a longer time for it to heal. It seems like it's impossible to examine candida in the nose. I had nose endoscopy , nose CT scan and nose bacteria culture. For endoscopy and culture were normal except for CT scan that showed I had sinusitis. It took me 8 weeks for the sinusitis to heal by taking antibiotics. I had a nose CT scan again after the 8 weeks and my sinuses were all cleared BUT the odor stayed. I am not odor free yet...I just want to share my story about me and perhaps some nose odor sufferers like me may need to take the medication for a longer time than some lucky ones.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

hoping wrote:I have been taking Fluconazole and GoldenSeal for 5 weeks.
Hello Hoping, thank you for sharing your story. How long do you plan on taking Fluco? Keep it up, you're our last hope!
Danmeister
Total Newbie

Post by Danmeister »

Took fluconozole 200mg for 20 days(could only buy in tens) not seen any difference for me,gutted
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic