Your Email Address:

First Name:

My BB

Tell us your story with bad breath
karneval
Total Newbie

My BB

Post by karneval »

My bb problem, and obsession, started in the early teens. I got a nickname because of bb, and after that much of my focus has been to avoid people when I believed that I had bb (and this focus has become worse over the years). It has turned me to a bitter man. I have had periods where I have tried different things to get rid of my bb. It started with the brushing 3 times a day and all the other usual things. But also Sb12, saline solution up the nose and now I use something that is for wounds and also as a bleaching agent in the industry (don’t know what its called in english). I use it on the tongue and then scrape it of. I think it has worked a little bit but its hard to know when you cant smell your own breath. Because I don’t know if I have bb all the time there is only one thing that I know I often suffer from, and that is the bad smell in the rooms and cars that I have been in. I have heard this a lot of times the last 10 years of my life.

My bb also Seems to get worse when I get a bit nervous and I have discovered that I tend to hold my breath when nervous. I am not sure if this is because I don’t want to breathe heavy around people because of the risk of having bb, or if this is something that gets my bb worse. It probably don’t help, but I don’t think it would solve everything. When I was young I had tonsillitis 10-15 times. My sister told me that she sometimes get this white dots on her tonsils, and that she then gets very bad bb. But I never get those white dots, but could my tonsils stil be the problem? I also have had problem with greasy hair (with terrible smell) but that seems to become better when I have had shampo twice and for a couple of minutes a bith times. But could this perhaps be a symptom?

The last couple of weeks I have had the courage to ask my brother if I have bb at different times, and this after a long time of open up to him about my problem. So I am pretty sure he told the truth when he sad that it, most of the time, was ok. It was even ok one morning when I had been drinking beer the day before, and hadn’t brushed my teeth that night and the morning after (when he smelled for bb). I was stunned. I don’t know if it is because of the bleaching agent I have been using, perhaps.

But there is one problem that allways seems to be present, and that is the smell in rooms where I have been. I have a job that involves a lot of heavy lifting. This seems to give me a much worse bb. All the physical work also gives me a bad smell from the nose and I can smell the difference from other occasions. But this problem seems to be a bit better when I take these fluor tablets every our at work.

I visited a expert a couple of years ago and did the test where you breath into a machine that examine the breathe, he also messured my saliva amount (I had a low amount of saliva). And according to him I should be focusing on cleaning my tongue. But he could have been wrong. It felt like his only focus was on the tongue. If the results from the patient showed bb, it was always the tongue…

It seems as though my bb problem comes and goes, but the smell in rooms often or perhaps always is there, is it someone here that have a clue what my problem could be? Is it someone here that has had similar problem and have found a cure. I have noticed that I have a “pocket” beside a wisdom tooth in the back of my mouth. Could perhaps that be the answer?

Sorry about my English, not my first language.

exume
Advanced
bb

Post by exume »

dont hold your breath anymore its not worth dying for ppl i used to hold my breath but i stopped doing that holding your breath will cause lung problems or death
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

So you say that there is an odor in the rooms that you have just been in. Perhaps you don't have bad breath, but you have body odor. You did say that your work is very physically demanding, and you can smell the odor in the rooms you have just been in.

Maybe you should ask someone if you have any strange body odor instead of bad breath....
rey

Karneval

Post by rey »

hi,

me too have similar problem with you. each time i leave the room i cam smell odor that lingers around my room and even its sticks on my cloth when im in airconditon room and got sweat very disgusting smell. I also have job and im very aware of that odor i can smell my breath and i dont know what to do can you gave me youre email add if you like iwant to chat with you.

thanks
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

No mention of doctors or dentists in your intro there karneval - I know how humiliating it is to talk to them and how ignorant they can get but you should make a list of what you think might be causing your BB, be assertive and push them in that direction. Dont bother with breath centres because they are only interested in exploiting your problem or helping people who worry about their garlic breath etc.
rey

Re: My BB

Post by rey »

got the same problem with you dude. Actually I can smell the odor each time I go out and it lingers around most especially when I'm in an air condition room. The odor sticks on my clothes especially when I got sweats. Very disgusting smell. I have a good hygiene I brush every hour and after what I have eat. my tonsils are already remove.

karneval wrote:My bb problem, and obsession, started in the early teens. I got a nickname because of bb, and after that much of my focus has been to avoid people when I believed that I had bb (and this focus has become worse over the years). It has turned me to a bitter man. I have had periods where I have tried different things to get rid of my bb. It started with the brushing 3 times a day and all the other usual things. But also Sb12, saline solution up the nose and now I use something that is for wounds and also as a bleaching agent in the industry (don’t know what its called in english). I use it on the tongue and then scrape it of. I think it has worked a little bit but its hard to know when you cant smell your own breath. Because I don’t know if I have bb all the time there is only one thing that I know I often suffer from, and that is the bad smell in the rooms and cars that I have been in. I have heard this a lot of times the last 10 years of my life.

My bb also Seems to get worse when I get a bit nervous and I have discovered that I tend to hold my breath when nervous. I am not sure if this is because I don’t want to breathe heavy around people because of the risk of having bb, or if this is something that gets my bb worse. It probably don’t help, but I don’t think it would solve everything. When I was young I had tonsillitis 10-15 times. My sister told me that she sometimes get this white dots on her tonsils, and that she then gets very bad bb. But I never get those white dots, but could my tonsils stil be the problem? I also have had problem with greasy hair (with terrible smell) but that seems to become better when I have had shampo twice and for a couple of minutes a bith times. But could this perhaps be a symptom?

The last couple of weeks I have had the courage to ask my brother if I have bb at different times, and this after a long time of open up to him about my problem. So I am pretty sure he told the truth when he sad that it, most of the time, was ok. It was even ok one morning when I had been drinking beer the day before, and hadn’t brushed my teeth that night and the morning after (when he smelled for bb). I was stunned. I don’t know if it is because of the bleaching agent I have been using, perhaps.

But there is one problem that allways seems to be present, and that is the smell in rooms where I have been. I have a job that involves a lot of heavy lifting. This seems to give me a much worse bb. All the physical work also gives me a bad smell from the nose and I can smell the difference from other occasions. But this problem seems to be a bit better when I take these fluor tablets every our at work.

I visited a expert a couple of years ago and did the test where you breath into a machine that examine the breathe, he also messured my saliva amount (I had a low amount of saliva). And according to him I should be focusing on cleaning my tongue. But he could have been wrong. It felt like his only focus was on the tongue. If the results from the patient showed bb, it was always the tongue…

It seems as though my bb problem comes and goes, but the smell in rooms often or perhaps always is there, is it someone here that have a clue what my problem could be? Is it someone here that has had similar problem and have found a cure. I have noticed that I have a “pocket” beside a wisdom tooth in the back of my mouth. Could perhaps that be the answer?

Sorry about my English, not my first language.
vilenin89
Junior

Post by vilenin89 »

get tested for TMAU if the odor also comes out of your sweat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic