Your Email Address:

First Name:

Smart Mouth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TIRED
Advanced

Smart Mouth

Post by TIRED »

SM was on sale at Target this week for 8.99. I am trying it, but it is hard to know if it is working because I do not have anyone reliable to ask that I see everyday. I met up with friends yesterday and no one made a face so I was feeling pretty good about it, but who knows - they my have been just being nice.

I notice that some foods taste wierd now, so I know it is doing something. I do not smell any morning breath which is good.

I know some of you on here have tried it - what were some of your experiences???

vilenin89
Junior

Post by vilenin89 »

i heard some good things, but also that it tends to dry and distort taste for the first little bit. i've been having success with other things after my tonsillectomy (before the same shit didnt work), not sure how good i really am, going out tonight. let me know how it works.
exume
Advanced
bb

Post by exume »

im going there tommorrow so i might buy it
HaveFaith

Post by HaveFaith »

It changed the feelings in my mouth at first, but then your body re-adapts itself to whatever is being used on it. Soo it went back to normal in little while.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I tried SM over a year ago. To be blunt, it caused my poop to smell really bad so I quit it. Don't know if it was helping my bb or not, but that kind of side effect was a deal breaker.
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

Can New Mouthwashes Really Take Bad Breath Away?
Posted by: Dr. Mercola
June 05 2008 | 37,877 views

The primary ingredient in a relatively new class of mouthwashes with clinical-sounding names such as TheraBreath, Oxyfresh, CloSYS and ProFresh is sodium chlorite, also known as stabilized chlorine dioxide. These rinses claim to freshen breath for up to six hours. But one independent study found that sodium chlorite rinses actually worked for anywhere from four to 42 minutes.

The products change the chemical composition of odiferous gases so they no longer smell. However, the underlying bacteria remain potent and continue producing odors.

Some mouthwashes have attempted to go further. SmartMouth uses sodium chlorite mixed with zinc chloride. The zinc ions find the bacteria that produce rancid gases, then block amino-acid receptor sites so the bacteria cannot produce gas. Another brand, Biotene, contains two enzymes that break down the biofilm and put the mouth bacteria into a healthy balance.

Even the most effective products, however, will not help people with extremely bad oral hygiene.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Warning

Don't even try this product if you have issues with your Liver. I have hepatitis B and this mouth wash sent me to the hospital after 4days of using it.

I was surprised that a mouth wash that i am not swallowing could cause that much damage to my liver. That explains the numerous complain of itching after the use of this product. (Check some of the bad reviews about this product on amazon.).

I may have to take this people to court for not warning me about this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic