Your Email Address:

First Name:

mucous

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stinkLikeShit247
Total Newbie

mucous

Post by stinkLikeShit247 »

One theory I have is that our mucous is so thick and gluey that it sticks to the surface of our mouth, sinus, esophagus, stomach and digestive tract. And when it sticks to the surface, the bacteria stays too and have a feast. This is probably why we don't get sick even with bad breath. The thick mucous blocks these bacteria from going into our blood stream. It would make sense to "thin" the mucous globally in our body and this would drain the mucous along with the bacteria easier.

stinkLikeShit247
Total Newbie

Post by stinkLikeShit247 »

There is a medication, an expectorant called guaifenesin, for thinning mucus. It has been approved by the FDA for almost 50 years and is sold both over the counter and by prescription for stronger dosages. It reduces the thickness and stickiness of mucus but must be taken with a full glass of water for it to be most effective.

You will have to read labels of cough syrups, but the one that has just guaifenesin is called Tussin or Robitussin Plain and is 100 mg per teaspoonful. Your doctor might have prescribed this for you, when you were having respiratory problems, under the name Humibid (600mg sustained release tablets usually prescribed 2 tablets in the morning and two at night) or under the generic name G-Bid. If you have trouble swallowing tablets, you might talk with your doctor about Humibid capsules (300mg) that are often called Sprinkles, because you can open the capsules and sprinkle these on your food or in liquid.
source:
http://www.webwhispers.org/library/Afte ... oblems.asp
Sally

Post by Sally »

Hey SLSHit,

I've thought exactly the same about the mucus theory, I did a little research and found this article on goarticles ! It even gives a home remedy mouthwash which Ive been using and it seems to be doing the trick at the moment give it a go

x

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2498192

Sally
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Sally wrote:
I did a little research and found this article on goarticles
No you didn't do any research, that article was written by you and there's a link in the article that leads to your website where you sell your e-book. It was clever of you to up your post count before spamming the forum.
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

lol...Sally should be banned. Blatant spamage.

In relation to the post topic- has anyone tried consistent sinus irrigation/neti pot? (and i do emphasize consistent) or daily steaming (using boiling water and a towel)? has anyone experienced positive results through these methods?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

My sinuses are so clogged up that i can't use a neti pot, true story. The water just won't come out on the other side.
exume
Advanced
your right

Post by exume »

your so right this si my exact same problem the mucus just sticks on the body
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic