Your Email Address:

First Name:

=[ really depressing.

Tell us your story with bad breath
PR1988

=[ really depressing.

Post by PR1988 »

so i think ive notice i been havin bad breath for about a year now (so i think i do) i know my breath is kicking sometimes. idk wat to do.

i went to the dentist she said everything was healthy in my mouth nothing that can be causing my bad breath she said it might be coming from my throat/ tonsils

so riqht away i made and apt with ENT dr. went to the appointment he examen me said everthing was normal nothing that can be causing the problem. he then was informing me about how he read and article on bad breath etc and he even told me that he couldnt detect any bad breath while talking to me and we were talking really close to each other. all he gave me was Mucinex to clear mucus. =/

i brush/floss everything to clean mouth clean. i do many test and see if my breath is kicking like lick wrist/ i try to lick my writst with the back of my toung and i dont smell anything.

could it be a problem in the digestive system?

HELLLPP!!!

jollibee1208

Post by jollibee1208 »

this might could help
viewtopic.php?t=2534
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You need to confide in someone you trust so that you can get regular honest feedback. You make no mention of why you think you have BB, only a few reasons why u possibly dont.

Everyone suffers from BB from time to time, and its all to easy if your self-esteem is low to fall into the trap of thinking that your breath situation or whatever else you hate about yourself is so much worse than it really is, based on another person's careless or innocent comment or action, and thereby distorting your mind's perception of something that we have NO WAY of knowing for sure of, so its feeding on your negativity. So for this you are now latched into this negative viewpoint of yourself, like looking in the mirror and hating what you see of yourself based on distorted and unrealistic self-perception.

Until you have some definitive answers then read all about halitophobia and consider carefully whether or not this may apply to you.

Read through the forum and make a list of every possible cause that you can relate to and work your way through them. There is no easy way out of this, so dont waste your time trying to mask it with bullshit products that claim to cure BB. Its about finding the underlying cause and getting it dealt with, not masking it. But be clear of your situation before doing anything else.
PR1988

re: halitosisux

Post by PR1988 »

halitosisux:

the reason why i think i have bb is because when i exhale air from the back of my throat and close my mouth really fast i qet a bad odor. any ideah why?
jollibee1208

Post by jollibee1208 »

its indeed bb.

@halistosux, well there are "CHOSEN" people who cannot detect the bb coming from you. in my case, i got a friend that i can talk to with 3-4 inches away on his face without any bad comments. but i still smell it, just like you. and i guess it really exist not just a halitophobia. =;
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@PR1988 is it so difficult to put a bit more effort into your descriptions. How do you expect anyone on here to try to help you otherwise.

When you can be bothered to try to explain more clearly then you might get more of a response.

When you say you get a really bad odour when you breathe out, do you mean that your nose can pick it up in the same way as when you are eating something and the air passes up into the nose as part of taste perception, or do you mean you can smell it in the air once you've breathed out by breathing the foul odour back in again?

@jollibee1208 I dont think you quite understand my point on halitophobia. I'm not saying anyone in particular is halitophobic. I'm saying that halitophobia is very real and while BB remains something we have no way of being able to smell for ourselves in the same way that another person would be able to smell us, we have to ALWAYS consider halitophobia as a possibility, no matter how certain we feel that we have BB and how ppl around us are dropping like flies from the stench we assume we are producing.

I know that some people are able to smell another person's BB while others apparently cant, but there might be very simple explanations for this, such as variations in the sensitivity and function of the sense of smell between different people, familiarization from constant close proximity with that person(the most unlikely) or that person's own low-levels of similar bacterial gas production rendering them unable to distinguish anyone else's BB gas. Lets keep it in perspective - when there's a smell of farm or sewer shit in the air, EVERYONE can smell it.

Jollibee, some people are more tolerant and understanding and caring than others. Your BB might not be anything like as bad as you think it is and your friend who doesnt react is only doing so to avoid hurting your feelings. Yet others can be absolute bastards over nothing. I see people with awful BB all the time and people dont DARE react out of the fear of making it obvious to that particular person and hurting their feelings or whatever the personal relationship reasons might be. Some people are just plain embarrassed of acknowledging the smell. Sometime that happens when someone secretly farts around a group of people, they sometimes just stay cool and pretend not to notice.
jollibee1208

Post by jollibee1208 »

@halistosisux, yea thats true, #-o but i ask that friend i can talk to very comfortable. he said he don't smell anything he swear. and i ask my other 4 close friends and they said they don't smell anything on me too, but whenever i ride "Van,Train,Bus" anybody sitting beside me always closing their nose with towel and moving away from me,
Jollibee, some people are more tolerant and understanding and caring than others. Your BB might not be anything like as bad as you think it is and your friend who doesnt react is only doing so to avoid hurting your feelings. Yet others can be absolute bastards over nothing. I see people with awful BB all the time and people dont DARE react out of the fear of making it obvious to that particular person and hurting their feelings or whatever the personal relationship reasons might be. Some people are just plain embarrassed of acknowledging the smell. Sometime that happens when someone secretly farts around a group of people, they sometimes just stay cool and pretend not to notice.
well i hope they are not pity me and pretend they dont smell it for the sake of our friendship. :cry:
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

@halitosisux

its hard to explain it. its not breathing what im doing its like using my throat exhaling out and closing my mouth right away and smell and i get the odor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic