Your Email Address:

First Name:

REASONS FOR BAD BREATH

Tell us your story with bad breath
f_this
Total Newbie

REASONS FOR BAD BREATH

Post by f_this »

So I've come up with a list of all the possibilities for why my breath smells bad.

-tonsil stones
-periodontal disease
-volatile sulfur compounds
-rhinitis
-sinusitis
-candida
-hypochlorhydria
-h.pylori

That list is my opinion of most likely to least likely causes. Please let me know if u have any other causes or reasons. Hopefully this can help someone

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

That seems like a pretty good list. Just start working your way down it and let us know what you find out. :)
bhd

Post by bhd »

great list. though i haven't been to a doctor (i should), ive done natural cures for a lot of them without much progress.

im thinking of getting tonsils out.

btw, i would add food intolerances/gluten intolerance.
f_this
Total Newbie

Post by f_this »

yeah ive only been to my dentist and ive never asked questions...im finally gonna man up and schedule an appt with an ent...im pretty sure i have tonsil stones...i cough up those little white things sometimes, hopefully thats whats causing it...i have a feeling its a combo between that and periodontal disease cause my dentist did say i had bad gum problems...

explaining to my mom why i want a laser surgery that costs several thousands of dollars just billed to the insurance company is also another obstacle...its just such a rediculous "disease" to have to deal with...like wtf...i dont even know where to begin...its seems like such a trivial problem
rdamech

Post by rdamech »

Good list, but you can consider tonsil stones, volatile sulfur compound, and periodontal disease as one category.

What I mean is that although they are different, you treat them the exact same way. My advice is to proceed by elimination. Try to mouthwash with tea tree oil or hydrogen peroxide. If you don't see any improvement, you can rule them out.

You can also try to flush your nasal passages with an iodine free saline powder. If bad breath doesn't go away, you can also rule out sinusitis.

It just seems the easiest way to proceed without spending $$ on doctors and meds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic