Your Email Address:

First Name:

identify the bad gas u exhaled and make a gas mask?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
quiet_blue_sky

identify the bad gas u exhaled and make a gas mask?

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

i am not trying to joke around.
if u don't want to read, just skip this topic.please do not blame me.

with halitosis, truely we are affecting others.
so maybe if we cannot find the cure immediately
we can make a gas mask
the gas mask don't neccessarily a big one
it can be a packet of substance then covered with a normal surgical mask

my plan is as follow

1 compare the level of substance between normal breath and halitosis breath
2 find a substance that can react with the particular smelly gases
with no toxic products
3 caculate the concentration of substances used
4 pack the substance in a porous bag or somekind
5 put the packet somewhere in between the normal mask and month .

Remarks
now i am doing the first step
initially, i think the first step is easy, chemical identification by gas chromatography
but later i found in wikipedia that gas chromatrography is not reliable , and we need to know the target substances we want in order to use gas chromatography
so i have to study the possible substance that cause bad breath apart from those suphur gas
do u know any lab that can carry out chemical identification accurately?
thanks

LJ
Junior

releif

Post by LJ »

Well I'll tell you shiloh I don't want to wear a gas mask around; but there are two patents with the US Patent office that offer a similar type of odor control.
One was in the form of an insert inside the mouth that you wear; it is meant to filter the bad air without actually putting a whole unit over your face.
The second patent was interesting too. There is a substance stored in your back tooth pocket; you press on the side of your cheek and it releases this stuff which restores your breath; temporarily.
Thinking of inventions is a really good way to treat something that technology and interest has not caught up with.
I do know of one chemist in London; although he's in India now; but he did some studies on mixing of odors. Meaning there are some nice perfumes that make our breath stand out like a sore thumb.
while there are others that our breath get lost in. When he returns from his break; I will contact him again and see if we can move forward with something that will at least be able to somewhat mask our odor. (But let's wait on the gas mask; try something a little more unobtrusive first.) Laura
quiet_blue_sky

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

hi laura

oh there r already companies doing such kinds of thing great
then i stop the project above as it's hard to find lab to identify the chemicals

PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT THAT CHEMIST
REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO KNOW MORE ABT IT

THANKS!!!!!
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi Guys:
Thanks Laura & Quietbluesky for making this possible. I was really interested in doing this but can`t find an expert. I think that it would be essential if we could identify the gases that are causing us great pain & it would really help if we could clear up if bb is caused by bacteria or yeast or both. Thanks again guys.
KL
Junior

Post by KL »

The gases or volatile compounds are sulfides (several chemical structures), mercaptans and others. The obtained by the reduction of the sulfur compound by the bacterias. You can neutralize these volatile compounds by putting any chemical in your mouth or digestive system to create and odorless salt by chemical reaction among them. But, but, but most of these chemicals have side effect on human
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

During the SARS period in hk, were you wearing a mask back then? Did it offer u any relief from stress in public, or were there still people coughing or touching their noses like u described??
jess
Sheriff

Re: releif

Post by jess »

LJ wrote:Well I'll tell you shiloh I don't want to wear a gas mask around; but there are two patents with the US Patent office that offer a similar type of odor control.
One was in the form of an insert inside the mouth that you wear; it is meant to filter the bad air without actually putting a whole unit over your face.
Laura
Can you give me a link to this device?
Thx
quiet_blue_sky

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

Busted wrote:During the SARS period in hk, were you wearing a mask back then? Did it offer u any relief from stress in public, or were there still people coughing or touching their noses like u described??
first, u have a mask that mask up some of your smell.
then other having mask so they cannot smell well also
i do not know wearing a mask is a relief or not
as i did not have serious bb at that time
LJ
Junior

Jess=Kris right

Post by LJ »

JK:
I posted the three patents on the breathhelp4u site. When I get a chance I'll copy and paste them here too. It was no more than 2 weeks ago, I beleive.
We need to contact the inventors to see what stage of development the products are in and offer our assistance. Laura
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic