Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm @ the ent now

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stinkypinky

I'm @ the ent now

Post by stinkypinky »

didn't sleep at all last night. Maybe three hours. There are 12 people in this waiting room. Already some are reaching from gum and looking uncomfortable. I cringe inside every time I hear a wrapper.

my stomach is doing flips flops.....

TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

tell us what they say!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

pinky, is your plan to have your adenoids removed?
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

so doctor comes into the room and says its been five years since ive seen you! im thinking yeah bc your treatment wasnt helping my BB problem. then he asks what im here for. i tell him some crap about sore throats, lump in throat, coughing up tonsil stones (which i never have), Chronic BB and wanting to get my tonsils and adenoids out. before i can even finish the word adenoid hes saying i dont have any they dissolve as children or whatever. then he asks what other doctors ive seen and what the did. so i explain about the hyplori, gerd, acid reflux, ibs and remind him that he treated me for sinusitus. he agreed that i did have bb and proceeded with the exam. he has me lean forward and sticks this long skinny wand down my throat and takes a look se. he says there was no sign of inflamation, polyps, cancer or white patches. he does say the base of my tongue looked a bit inflammed ( prob bc i was digging around the night before trying to see my tonsils or feel some stones) he also looked up my nose and said i had abit of drainage going on.

long story short i was tearing up and on autopilot and heading for the door.......he said something about seeing me back in three weeks but i was just trying to leave as quickly as possible. the receptionist had to call me back to set up the appointment and by that time i was crying. he gave me a tissue and the appt card. then i sat in the stairwell and really balled for a good twenty minutes. i got my hopes all up even though i had been trying to be realistic -----it still hurt like hell.

i was going to contact another ent but so far i just havent had the energy to go thru the process again.......
Last edited by stinkypinky on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

oh my question to you guys..................
he prescribed the following to treat the tongue inflammation and pnd

zyrtec 2 a day for 5 days
then 25mg of diphenhydramine 1 capsule 3 times a day
and amoxicillin 500mg 1 capsule 3 times a day

SHOULD I TAKE THIS STUFF OR NO? IM THINKING ITS A WASTE BC IVE NEVER HAD ANY PND OR ALLERGY SYMPTOMS. No sneezing, watery eys, coughing, sore throats or anything.

OH YEAH- below is my new daily routine

multi vit/mineral
b12
folic acid
acidophilus
golden seal
echinachea
mixed vegetables
bentonite detox
fess

Re: I'm @ the ent now

Post by fess »

pink,

what he prescribed i guess can't hurt but i'm not sure it can help either. unless you have
heart burn or acid reflux. but i will say if you get yourself all worked up you will get heart
burn and acid reflux so if you feel like crying then cry let all that frustration come out.
just know when you cry we all cry, when you feel hopeful we all feel hopeful, what i'm saying
is we're all in it together your not alone. what you go through everyone here is going through the same thing -that may just make the burden of pain a little easier and get you
through the day. i'm hoping eventually this site not only helps us with our ailment but
builds our own moral to know we all belong regardless what the outside worlds says.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Pinky.........

Diphenhydramine is just Benadryl so whatever.......

As for the Amoxicillin, I say you should take it. It is a broad spectrum antibiotic, so in theory, it could help to eliminate any infection that may be your source of halitosis! This could be a good thing. Reminds me of how I stumbled on my cure.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. You never answered my question as to whether you have tried chlorhexidine or rinse.....have you?
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Hi SP,

My doctor is fond of giving me prescriptions for things I don’t have either. Anything to get me out of his office. He also once became very angry because he couldn’t find my cervix during a pap smear! Huh? Like it was my fault or something! Sheesh. I live in a small city with a doctor shortage so I’m pretty much stuck with him. Sigh. Anyway, the following website is helpful if you want to find another doctor. Out of curiosity I looked up my doctor on this website and he got the lowest possible score. No surprise there.:)

http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/11&country=1

You mentioned having your wisdom teeth out. Did you have them all removed? Apparently wisdom teeth can sometimes cause nasal odours in people. If you still have some this thread is worth a read if you haven’t seen it already.

viewtopic.php?t=1358&highlight=

As for the amoxicillin, I say go for it. Not sure about the other stuff...

All the best. Cheers C
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

SP,
aside from your supplement regime, what do you do for your hygiene regimen? do you tongue scrape every morning? try scraping every morning using either a TUNG Brush (available at walgreens) or the Ora-Brush (available online). I prefer the orabrush, the bristles are very soft. I put himalayan sea salt (a pink salt rich in many minerals and nutrients) on the ora brush before I scrape. You can get sea salt from any health store, or even at the Vitamin Shoppe. This keeps your tongue hydrated. Floss using a Reach floss stick every morning and night as well. Avoid conventional toothpaste and switch to an organic one. Personally I feel that conventional toothpaste dries out my mouth. Some people have success just brushing their teeth using baking soda, fixed with a few drops of peroxide and water.

Furthermore, quit smoking if you smoke, cut caffeine out of your diet (i know this can be tough if you are a junkie like me), and breathe through your nose as much as possible if you don't already. Did you know that breathing through your nose will reduce your anxiety and make you a calmer person? Breathing through the mouth dries out the tongue, contributing to BB, and also contributes to stress/anxiety because it is shallow breathing.

Also, I recommend drinking Apple Cider Vinegar, several times a day. It is best to get an organic one. I drink a brand called BRAGGS, it's one of the best and most popular on the market. Do not drink it straight. Instead, mix one teaspoon with a glass of 8 oz. water and drink before every meal. ACV cuts mucus production, helping with post nasal drip. It is also good for stomach and digestion issues, that most of us have as contributory conditions behind our BB. You will notice positive effects of ACV within your first week of trying it.
Good luck.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

thanks fess.....

NOTANYMORE
Thats kinda what i figured too - ive just been taking the amox. no change in my bb tho. I think im immune to amox anyway - ive taken it alot in the past for urinary tract and kidney infections.

Ive never tried chlorhexidine.....what product do you suggest?

terranpatriot
As far as oral hygiene goes I brush, floss and use a tongue brush. i brush once with whitening toothpaste, then i floss, then i brush with baking soda and peroxide, then i brush my tung and gargle with the same. i do this twice a day.

ive tried different rinses, natural toothpaste, tea tree oil, oregano oil...to name a few.

I wouldnt be caught dead breathing thru my mouth so thats not a problem for me.

Havent tried ACV for bb tho....i have used it in the past in conjusction with diet and it didnt help my bb.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

dup
Last edited by stinkypinky on Fri May 14, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

stinkypinky wrote: then i sat in the stairwell and really balled for a good twenty minutes. i got my hopes all up even though i had been trying to be realistic -----it still hurt like hell.

Stinkypinky,
I'm so glad you balled b/c sometimes we just need to get that frustration out and I bet you felt better when you were done. Remember you are not alone in this. We are all here for you.

Susie
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

Susie wrote:
stinkypinky wrote: then i sat in the stairwell and really balled for a good twenty minutes. i got my hopes all up even though i had been trying to be realistic -----it still hurt like hell.

Stinkypinky,
I'm so glad you balled b/c sometimes we just need to get that frustration out and I bet you felt better when you were done. Remember you are not alone in this. We are all here for you.

Susie
susie- I didn't feel better after crying. In fact I cried in the car and once I got home. Twice today. Once yesterday.....i can never cry enough bc it never goes away. I'm just waiting to die from watever this is. And Isecretly wish it would kill me quickly!
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

dup
Last edited by stinkypinky on Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

Susie wrote:

Stinkypinky,

Susie
susie- I didn't feel better after crying. In fact I cried in the car and once I got home. Twice today. Once yesterday.....i can never cry enough bc it never goes away. I'm just waiting to die from watever this is. And Isecretly wish it would kill me quickly!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic