Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bumps on back of tongue and in throat?

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Hank
Junior

Bumps on back of tongue and in throat?

Post by Hank »

For those of you who have the "lump in the throat" feeling, do you also have visible bumps towards the back of your tongue and non-visible ones down into the throat? I do. I've known about the visible ones for a while, but yesterday on the suggestion of another member, I slid my finger down my throat and I have bumps all over the place in my throat. Very ugly feeling things. Anyway, the bumps that are visible on my tongue are pinkish, not painful, don't bleed. I wonder if these bumps (on tongue and in throat) are normal? What causes these? And most importantly, does this contribute to bb?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

How interesting, I have a tongue and throat (and lump in throat even after irrigation) exactly as you describe and assumed we all had - do we not?

Would also be interested to hear....
JZ
Junior

Post by JZ »

I have that too.
I think it is some kind of tonsil tissue (lingual tonsils)
And that is the enviorment where the bad bacteria can easily hide under a mucus film.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

I have pnd and those bumps on the back of tongue on each side of it but not in the middle. It is hard to scrape tongue because these bumps can bleed. Can I remove them If I keep scrapping tongue? Lately I just brush hard.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

hank,

I have them too, I first thought they were caused by acid reflux, and went to my doctor, he told me it was normal, n actually laughed at me, lol he told me they were like taste buds.
The_Daily_Dread

Post by The_Daily_Dread »

omg. i thought i was the only one. Twin bumps on each side of my tongue, around the middle/apex area.

i'm curious to what does these bumps mean.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

there enlarged circumvallate papillae I can see them extremely clearly in a mirror becuase i can stick my tongue out alot, i can like lick my nose with it :)

Wowww dont scrape them off, ewww that makes me sick

Tongue scrapers are not as effective as the TUNG brush (google it)

Remember i think cleaning your toungue too much is bad.

I can bring a picture of my toungue as its quite clear :mrgreen:

there each about the the height of this -l
One Day One Day....
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

why does almost everyone with it have bb? maybe its related to our bb, is it possible for it to release something that would increase bb?

one more question. ;) do u guyz also have acid reflux and pnd?
meowkity1
Super Angel

normal

Post by meowkity1 »

I know there normal, but not everyone has them.
My sistar said she noticed she got them when she started smoking. Mine are really big., and they get in the way of scraping. My tongue hair are reallly long too, so every time I eat the food gets trapped
Speak_no_evil

Post by Speak_no_evil »

Of course i could be wrong but I don't think the ones on the tongue are a huge cause for concern. I also have two big ones on either side and a some smaller ones behind it.

But the throat, I think this is a whole different story. I don't think they back of your throat should be lumpy. I'm dealing with this now. if you find any info please post.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

The back of my throat is all lumps and ENT said that is because of acid reflux. He said he could give me a medicine that would help me with the symptoms, but would worsen my reflux.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I used to have a lot of them, but after taking prevacid, and using a gel called "Biotene Oral Balance" they reduced, but I still have pain sometimes when the acid comes up.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

those buds are normal!!!! do not scratch them
[-X

http://health.howstuffworks.com/tongue2.htm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic