Your Email Address:

First Name:

Is bad breath genetic?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
AW
Junior

Is bad breath genetic?

Post by AW »

Well for quite a while now I've noticed my parents have bad breath as well. My father and my mother. I was wondering is bad breath possibly inherited? As for my grandparents I do not know. I was just wondering.

gregory
Total Newbie

Post by gregory »

yes it is genetic and uncurable. sorry. =D> =;
AW
Junior

Post by AW »

Jeez you'd think it would skip a generation.
haider
Total Newbie

genetic or not?

Post by haider »

well I don't think it is genetic, infact it may be due to some bacteria which inhibit you rbody an dyour parents got it from you. Not being funny.
Hope for the better and prepare for the worst.
Murphy Kismet
Total Newbie

Post by Murphy Kismet »

Is it genetic? Or is it taught?

I have chronic halitosis, as does my son. I'm not sure what my own smells like, only that it's "bad". But my son's sometimes smells like feces.

What I'm wondering is, do we share this same halitosis because of how we eat? We brush our teeth, floss (mostly) and use Listerine. But ten minutes later, the halitosis is back.
smileguy

Post by smileguy »

There are two reasons in my opinion one is the mother passes all bacteria on to baby when first born if the baby is not breast fed its makes your chances even better that you will have bb or other infection later on in life the other is a genetic defect of the immune system that alows the bacteria to over run certain parts of are body witthout a fight.
I think if we can get back to when we were babies and start from scratch we may have some success.ie completly clean ourselves out and then reprogram our dna and immune system with colostrum.After that load up on friendly bacteria anf find one that canactually implants 95% dont.After that is done get rid of pockets where they can breed ie. toothpockets and tonsils.I believe this will help alot of us and I am waiting until I have enough saved for the laser surgery.I have half saved so far.
LJ
Junior

might be genetic

Post by LJ »

Hi:
Anne Bosy from Toronto believes that bad breath is genetic and she also believes it can be transferred from one person to the to the other via transfer of saliva. As to whether it's transferable is an interesting point. She said if it is transferable the person who it could be transfered to would have to have certain weaknesses already in place that would make it viable for the bacteria to set in.
My mother had bad breath, she was my adoptive mother, but it wasn't the same as mine. Mine tends to be more fecal and hers was more just sulphury. Could I have acquired the problem from exposure to her? I don't know.
There is so much we don't know and I have a feeling that the people who are on these sites have common problems, we're a core group who have tried it all and nothing seems to work.
Maybe there are a few that will benefit from tonsil laser surgery, but I've heard of so many who have risked having tonsils removed as an adult to battle this problem, and I have not heard of a single one who has been successful.
How has the Blis products worked out? Anyone had any success with that?
One person on our site got a free order of that Palorin, which he said was a waste of time, fortunately not money.
But we have to try everything until we find something successful. That's our life. LJ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic