Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can anyone confirm the H. Pylori treatment

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

each time you take it its during or immediately after food. You can have alcohol in moderation.

Smoking is a tough one. I know smokers breath, which i get too, but that usually goes away after 5 or 10 minutes after the smoke. And smokers breath is tollerable, it just smells like stale air and tar. My breath is bad enough for my brother to constantly tell me it stinks, and for my mum to move her head away when i come close. Not to mention the sour taste in my mouth if i dont tongue clean. But at the same time i never feel as though people who are in my vicinity can smell me. Even when i talk to a group of people, im usually fine unless i have to get close and talk privately. It's still a problem for me, but i guess not AS BIG a problem as most people here.

Some of the coating on my tongue has returned. This is 24 hours after i stopped treatment. Its not a massive build up like after the flagyl, but very faint. No odour though. It smells and tastes like saliva. Of course, i will need to test it on another human.

So far, my breath is still great. Ive never seen anyone with a constantly pink tongue, all my friends have a slightly coated tongue and no bb, so we'll see.

jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help.
ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

My Results

Post by ihatebacteria123 »

I went through the h.pylori treatment...took same antibiotics that the 60 year old took (from the article). Couple of days after treatment, my bb came right back. Now I'm posting this reply because I feel very guilty for initiating this craze and hype about this treatment. I actually posted this article on yahoo's bb group and I guess the moderator of this site posted the article on here. I just want to tell you guys don't get your hopes up. Also, antibiotics are dangerous and addictive like any other harmful drugs out there. There is a reason why doctors are reluctant to prescribe antibiotics. They can put holes in your stomach, create more dangerous infections in your body, make the unwanted bacteria even more stronger, and they can even kill you if you are allergic.

I believe the more we try to fight the damn odor causing bacteria, the stronger they are getting. Remember those monsters in movies that get bigger and stronger as some idiots try to shoot them with their weapons. Well I feel like our monsters are the bacteria and we are the idiots trying to kill them! My point is if you find out something doesn't work, don't keep trying it expecting different results.

For all of us who are still trying struggling with bb and other disorders, keep your hopes up. I believe the distance to a cure is getting closer exponentially. Think about it...before the internet revolution, noone ever considered halitosis or body odor a medical disorder. Now we know we're not alone, our problem is being heard and many wonderful people are working hard to find a cure. Consider ourselves the forefathers of a future cure because our generation is actually the ones who have brought attention to the disorders of bb and body odor.
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

I have this habit, that i dont look ppl in the eye, but look int the mouth. Its because i need to read lips to understand better (im not english), also to look for a coated tongue. But so far i dont think i have seen any. The lucky bustards. Interestingly, i can never catch a glance on those who have bb.

This is a study from Greece.

Objective: The aim of this study was to investigate the incidence and long-term outcome of halitosis before and after eradication therapy in patients with functional dyspepsia and Helicobacter pylori infection. Subjects and Methods: Halitosis and dyspepsia-related symptoms were investigated by way of a questionnaire. Only patients with functional dyspepsia, H. pylori infection and no histological evidence of atrophy were included in the study. A total of 18 patients fulfilled these criteria and completed the study. Four to six weeks after the end of eradication treatment, endoscopy or [(13)C] breath test was performed to check for H. pylori in the gastric mucosa. Halitosis and dyspeptic symptoms were re-evaluated during and at the end of follow-up. Results:H. pylori infection was eradicated in all patients, in the 14/18 patients (77.8%) with triple drug therapy, and the 4/18 patients (22.2%) with quadruple drug therapy. During the follow-up period (mean 55.8 +/- 21.3 months (range 6-108 months)) resolution of halitosis was observed in 16/18 patients (88.9%), while 2 patients (11.1%) (p < 0.001) continued to present with halitosis. Also, eradication therapy resulted in statistically significant relief of all dyspeptic symptoms, except bloating. Conclusion: Eradication of H. pylori in patients with functional dyspepsia and halitosis results in sustained resolution of halitosis during long-term follow-up in the majority of cases. This finding supports the existence of a link between H. pylori infection and halitosis and suggests that H. pylori eradication might be considered in patients with halitosis. Copyright (c) 2007 S. Karger AG, Basel.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Wow a bb study from Greece heh! :D I thought noone here is aware of this problem :p
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

another update. Almost three days since i stopped treatment. I have a slight coating which means my tongue is not exactly pink, rather pale white, but not thick white. I only mention this not as a sign of good breath, rather as something that has changed since i did the treatment.

Noticed morning breath this morning, more of a stale taste rather than sour and fecal like i used to get. After tongue cleaning, ive been eating all day and I can't taste any abnormalities. This doesnt say anything about my breath exactly because i havent had anyone to ask, but normaly after this amount of time i would have a dry tongue and sour taste.

The only thing is, when i smoke i definately have a bad taste in my mouth. I never really noticed it until now. Maybe when my breath was bad i didnt notice the bad smoke taste, but now that it may be fine the smoke aftertaste stands out like nothing else. After about 15 minutes my taste returns to normal. So far so good. But if u are unsure about doing the treatment wait until i know more, because the cynic in me believes it wont last.

If you ARE determined to seek Nexium Hp7 without waiting, try and get your doctor to prescribe you an anti-fungal along with it. You would take this about half way through your treatment so it continues well after the treatment is over. The leaflet in the Nexium Hp7 box says that candida overgrowth is a known side-effect of the medication.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... cnexhp.pdf
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

ok so its been over a week since completing nexium hp7. After a long weekend in australia and plenty of drinking and partying it is now tuesday and i can safely say my breath is 80% better than before the treatment.

The coating on my tongue is far less intense than before. I dont have any smell between my teeth when i floss anymore. People have told me my breath is good. The only reason i say 80% better and not 100% is because i still feel the need to tongue clean in the mornings. And if there were no issue with halitosis this would not be necessary, right?

The other thing i changed is quitting smoking. This has helped tremendously. I cant recommend it enough to the smokers out there.

I am going to try threelac to see if that can remove the remaining coating on my tongue, which i believe is candida related. There is someone else here who said quitting sugar helped him a lot, i think this is because the main way to kill candida yeast is to eliminate sugar from the diet. But all in all i am confident the h. pylori treatment has done me some good. im interested to see what it does for others.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

:twisted: Hi am from Los Anglels, and I have suffered from bad breath for years now, i took antibiotics for acne in my teens for a few years, so my doc said the pills made me have BB. However, this candida thing perhaps if I took something like this new treatment it would work. Oh please god! I believe we can do this people! I am so blessed to have found this site, I thought I was all alone. Have faith!
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi austuser, glad to hear that you`re still doing fine. We`re all wishing for your success. As for my 1 week trial of the h.pylori treatment, I could say that it probably lessened my bb at some point but I still have it. I believe that the result may vary from person to person depending on their type of halitosis. I`m willing to try any medication that has solid evidence of curing a real bad-ass bb like mine. My bb gets worse year after year so I feel like I have nothing to lose anymore.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

austuser wrote:ok so its been over a week since completing nexium hp7. After a long weekend in australia and plenty of drinking and partying it is now tuesday and i can safely say my breath is 80% better than before the treatment.

The coating on my tongue is far less intense than before. I dont have any smell between my teeth when i floss anymore. People have told me my breath is good. The only reason i say 80% better and not 100% is because i still feel the need to tongue clean in the mornings. And if there were no issue with halitosis this would not be necessary, right?

The other thing i changed is quitting smoking. This has helped tremendously. I cant recommend it enough to the smokers out there.

I am going to try threelac to see if that can remove the remaining coating on my tongue, which i believe is candida related. There is someone else here who said quitting sugar helped him a lot, i think this is because the main way to kill candida yeast is to eliminate sugar from the diet. But all in all i am confident the h. pylori treatment has done me some good. im interested to see what it does for others.
hi austuser,
great to hear something is working for you. could you tell me how you came to using this treatment? did you get a test and tested positive? did you have any symptoms of h. pylori? also, what kind of smell did you get on your floss before the medication?

as far as tongue cleaning goes, a lot of people without halitosis do it. and plenty of people have morning breath even if they have good breath for the rest of the day. so i don't think you have to worry about that.

hopefully you'll be able to provide some info. i've been looking into a chronic sinusitis as possible case of my bad breath. do you still have sinus problems?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

p.s.

congrats on quitting smoking. :)
me
Advanced

me

Post by me »

Ok so about 5 months ago i got prescrived the pervpac wich is a treatment for acidreflux and h pylory.The prev pac includes 28, 30mg prevacid capsules, 28 biaxin 500 mg, and 28 500mg amoxicillin capsules. Ok is so I had to take 2 of each for 14 days, 1 amoxixillin one biaxin and one prevacid in the morning and the same at night time, and i did feel like my breath was better while i was on it but as soon as i was finish with it my breath was back to where i was before taking them. When i got back to my doctor to and told him i was not cure he was very disapointed and told me that if i had h pylory that shoulded cured it, how ever back then i was shure my smell was coming from my stomack since i had and have gas all the time so i went to a GI and got an endoscopy done and they got some samplee from my stomach by scrappin the inside of the stomack lil bit to test me for h pylory and my results came clean. Well that was the h pylory treatment for me but how ever every body in here should try it since bad breath doesnt come from the same place for every one and i did hear of some people who got cure by this treatment.By the way my breath smells like poop and comes out of my nose as well i really hope this is the cure for u and many of the people in here even when it wasnt for me.
jc
Sheriff

2ND DAY UPDATE

Post by jc »

To be honest, I only took the tetracycline & flagyl coz the bismuth wasn`t available. I was so eager to start the treatment that I took them incomplete. I was also convinced that I don`t have the h.pylori. During the weeklong treatment I only had a few hours of relief & they were during the 6th & final day. After that I came back to my daily intake of acidophilus & spirulina. Two days had passed & I begin to notice that the reactions are getting lesser & lesser. I know that it`s too early to say but I`m praying that this trend continues. I think that the bacteria was probably weakened by the meds so the probiotics & the spirulina are becoming more effective now than before the treatment. I`m willing to take a second round of the meds & this time I will take them complete, if the situation requires. The side effect from the treatment is that I felt like vomiting a lot of times during the treatment but it`s probably because of the tetracycline being taken on an empty stomach.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

hi austuser,
great to hear something is working for you. could you tell me how you came to using this treatment? did you get a test and tested positive? did you have any symptoms of h. pylori? also, what kind of smell did you get on your floss before the medication?

as far as tongue cleaning goes, a lot of people without halitosis do it. and plenty of people have morning breath even if they have good breath for the rest of the day. so i don't think you have to worry about that.

hopefully you'll be able to provide some info. i've been looking into a chronic sinusitis as possible case of my bad breath. do you still have sinus problems
i tested negative for h. pylori so i dont believe i had it. Its possible though that i did have it as it can show as a false negative rarely. But i think the drugs themselves cleared up my problem.

the smell from between my teeth when i flossed was fecal, but i never felt that my breath was that bad. But then what do i know about my own breath? The smell only came from between my back molar teeth.

I still have sinus problems. Blocked nose on and off and PND.

I will say i still use the Kforce system from breezecare so maybe after the nexium Hp7 treatment this has allowed the K12 probiotics to colonize better than before..??? not sure.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Guys you forget things again...

H.pylori is just ONE type of bacteria from the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS types that those 3 antibiotics kill. Noone knows WHICH of those that got killed after a treatment were the cause of your bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic