Your Email Address:

First Name:

can you smell your own bad breath ? help .. ..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
misshadenough

can you smell your own bad breath ? help .. ..

Post by misshadenough »

hi im new to this forum . Im female 26 from england ! ive been coming here for a while but never actually posted anything ! i just wanted to ask if anyone here had bad breath they can smell themselves ? this is the kind that i have , i taste it and smell it constantly ! it seems from most of the peoples posts i read that most of you rely on other peoples reactions etc ? well ive always had a bad taste and guessed i had bb up untill i turned 22 , then i suddenly developed the ability to smell it my self !!!! i hate this ! for 5 years ive tried every product gimmick availiable ! does anyone else have this kind of bb ? anyone been cured ?
hope to here back from someone

:(

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi miss : - )
How do you smell your breath? Most people can smell their breath in the mornings by breathing into a pillow and catching the rebound. I could smell this same smell throughout the day, by doing the same thing into the corner of a room. Also, by holding out your tongue and cupping your hand over it so that it also covers your nose and then breathing in slowly through your nose. You'll notice it gets worse and worse as the tongue starts to dry out.
misshadenough

Post by misshadenough »

hi , thanks for you reply . Well i just smell it all the time i dont need to try , i taste it and smell it everytime i talk or breath ! i know everyone trys to smell there own breath but i wish i couldnt because it is there 24 hours a day ! i keep reading how its not possible to smell your own bb ! and thats worse because i think mine must be worse than anybodys since i can smell it always just by breathing out or talking or sticking my tounge out ! nighmare :-(
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

misshadenough wrote:hi , thanks for you reply . Well i just smell it all the time i dont need to try , i taste it and smell it everytime i talk or breath ! i know everyone trys to smell there own breath but i wish i couldnt because it is there 24 hours a day ! i keep reading how its not possible to smell your own bb ! and thats worse because i think mine must be worse than anybodys since i can smell it always just by breathing out or talking or sticking my tounge out ! nighmare :-(
Unfortunately I'm the same... very depressing
misshadenough

Post by misshadenough »

hi deebas , do you smell it all the time too ? ive never seen anyone else on here that can most ppl just seem to judge from others reactions ! how long have you had this ? im thinking we must have so much extra/bad bacteria in our mouth and thats how we can smell it ! im thinking mine is because ive been on so many antibiotics esp when i was a kid , and i have this bad tooth im waiting to get removed wont be helping .
apparently ppl with gum disease have twice as much bacteria than anyone else ! i think about the time when i couldnt smell it myself , i took it for granted .
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

imo if you can't smell ur own breath, you dont have bb!!

My breath actually smells the same as my faeces.. it deviates between a mix of dog shit and dried grass clippings or just raw sewerage...

I can always smell my breath.. mostly when i say BB, i mean breath from nose as i try to never talk to people unless i have to...People even hold their nose when i am in a lift with them even though i am holding my breath..

I tell you it is extremely depressing at work and especially on bus getting there and back as everyone is holding nose, coughing and sneezing and looking around.

I must add though that I haven't always been able to smell my own breath, it got more noticeable as my breath got worse over last few years
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

i think we all are very sensitized concerning smelling bb. maybe we have "learned" smelling it.

if someone has just normal, sometimes bb, there is no reason to focus on it, (s)he doesnt smell it because (s)he didnt learn to.

our brains/mind can get trained in (almost) every way. we all have huuuuge bad-breath-areals in our heads! (taste, smell, memorys, etc.) thats the cognitive aspect in that vicious circle ](*,)
HS

Post by HS »

guys- for temporary relief.. try this product KAOL.
It was invented in Japan and it's great at giving temproary relief from bb

http://www.sunlab.com.tw/eng/pro03product_004.html

I'm sure you can find this product from most Korean/Japanese marts.

Also I found Extra (the green one from wrigley) helping with it.

oh.. and I drink Barley powder mixed with water (available at health stores, or order online) and yoghurt helping stabilize bb- along with the usual toungue brushing (I use orabrush) and plenty of water through out the day
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

trouble, that is so true. Whether we have BB or not almost isnt the issue, its our tendency to become fixated on something. And its so easy to become fixated on something we cant even know for sure of.

If nobody else ever told us we have BB we'd never know it. And once we are told its very hard to be convinced otherwise.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I can smell mine! But as we get sensitized to it, I don't think I can smell it at the same power others can... :roll:

I can do it by just breathing out, or breathing into the bed sheet etc.

If you can smell yours, I suggest you use your finger to methodically try to find the source of the smell. Just put your finger in every location, pull out, wait a few seconds, then smell it.

Apart from the tongue base, I've also found a location right next to the tongue base where it stinks - it's like two plateaus very far back to the left and right of where the tongue ends. A tongue scraper doesn't reach there.

Some of you may have other places (apart from the classic tongue base) in the mouth / throat region where bacteria are able to colonize. I suggest you find out where it stinks the most.
8)
br

Post by br »

trouble wrote:i think we all are very sensitized concerning smelling bb. maybe we have "learned" smelling it.

) every way. we all have huuuuge bad-breath-areals in our heads! (taste, smell, memorys, etc.) thats the cognitive aspect in that vicious circle ](*,)
I lost my sense of smell in an accident; but I know I have bad breath, from some people's reactions. So it makes it doubly difficult for me, for me do self-tests.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

br, that's too bad... have you considered to use a machine to measure your bb? i think ive heard of some japanese handy breath-tester. some of their mobile phones could measure it too.
br

Post by br »

trouble wrote:br, that's too bad... have you considered to use a machine to measure your bb? i think ive heard of some japanese handy breath-tester. some of their mobile phones could measure it too.
Hi T,
Thanks. Do you know, where I can get this machine please, I am in the UK. Also where I can get these japanese handy breath-tester and also which pf the mobile phones I can buy in the UK that will do the job.
Everything is doubly bad for me; as I lost my sense of smell in an accident as I said. I am only guided by people's reactions and sometimes it's too late, if I am going for interviews.

Thanks
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

trouble wrote:i think we all are very sensitized concerning smelling bb. maybe we have "learned" smelling it.

if someone has just normal, sometimes bb, there is no reason to focus on it, (s)he doesnt smell it because (s)he didnt learn to.

our brains/mind can get trained in (almost) every way. we all have huuuuge bad-breath-areals in our heads! (taste, smell, memorys, etc.) thats the cognitive aspect in that vicious circle ](*,)
I wish that were true, today 2 people got up from near back of bus where only i was sitting to move down front of the bus, i certainly didnt imagine that...
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

@ hr: this is the one i know by name (just heard about the phone in a stupid tv-show), didn't try it myself. seems to measure sulfid compounds.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/1500/

@ deebas: maybe they become nauseous sitting in the back of a bus? the place was better in the front, they needed tickets, they wanted to have a private conversation... there are so many reasons. try to give a f**k

:twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic