Your Email Address:

First Name:

How people pretends!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
me
Advanced

How people pretends!!!

Post by me »

Ok so this new girl I work with has BB. Not nearly as bad as mine or fecal like mine, but you can smell it when you talk to her or if you are very close to her. So I'm alway observing how people reacts when they talk to her or are near her. The thing is people will always pretend nothing is wrong with her. Wich of course is the nice and right thing to do in most cases. Where I'm trying to get with this is that people will always try to pretend you are fine. So in most cases you can't really trust in their reactions 100%. The reactions you can trust is the ones they make when they think you are not looking or listening.

The funny thing is that when talking to her they have much less of a hard time acting like nothing is wrong that when they talk to me. When people talks to me even tho they try to be nice it never takes too long before they cover their noses.

firecracker

Post by firecracker »

I know what you mean, it is basically that bad breath has intensities on different levels. And that there are many people in the world that are nice...and even if they smell a little something they don't want to be snobby about it. But sometimes bad breath can be so bad..that if someone is exposed to it for a while with no break at all to catch fresh air...their natural bodily reactions are to try and get away from it because it is making them sick to their stomach.

I know this personally because I worked with a lady that had really strong cheese breath and she talked with full force. She was very nice and she trained me..and I sat next to her trying my best to not act like I think her breath smells..and there were times I wanted to gag and I almost felt i was at my breaking point but managed to not. Then when i saw her train another woman..that woman right away put her hand to her nose. And the woman with bad breath apologized and said i know i'm sorry about my bad breath. And that woman kept her hand on her nose the whole time.

SO basically if someone has category level 1-3 bad breath..there may be people who will act like they dont smell anything, because they are not trying to act snobby or make the other person feel self conscious.Then there are people in the world that pride themselves on being snobby and perfect..and any little odor right away they will use it to boost their ego to feel they are better, and to put someone else down. There are people who if they smell any little whiff of odor they are rubbing their nose or coughing, because they have no tolerance for any bad smell even if it is mild to moderate. I call those people smell snobs, and I dont care to be friends with them because my time with them is uncomfortable. My way of dealing with people with bad breath is when they talk to me up close I just try not to concentrate on smelling or I might not inhale when they talk, and as they stop then i will breathe in. Or I will just turn away to catch nearby air and continue as though there is no issue.

Then the category 4-5 (assuming 5 is worst), nice people might want to try in their hearts to not make you feel bad, but it is their stomach and body naturally repulsing it to the point they have to cover their nose or gag if they are taking it in with no break of fresh air in between. Then you get the mean snobs who will go blab to everyone in the workplace. So trick is if it is really bad, when socializing less sentences are better than long stories. Try to give people a break to catch some fresh air..that really helps alot.

Also one time i was at a concert..and my friend had chronic bad breath too...well he started talking to me up close..and i tried to step away to catch some fresh air..and he grabbed my arm and got closer to my face and kept following me and talking to me continually. It flustered me, I had to tell him hey stop, give me some space for a minute lol. Allow people to catch some fresh air in between. because if you keep blasting them with a bad smell for a long time...their bodies naturally go into panick mode and they have to get away.

May God bless us all.
EazySlug
Total Newbie

Post by EazySlug »

I totally agree with you firecracker when you say people reactions are sometimes just natural, and not intended to be offensive.
Sometimes unfortunately, we ourselves, though having BB and knowing what it means to have it, have these kinds of behaviors in front of somebody whose breath is repulsive.
I think that helps to be less selfconscious about it, knowing that people reactions are actually natural.
Thanks for this post, I laughed like a drain!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic