Your Email Address:

First Name:

At what Distance can other people smell the BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

badtimes wrote:look please dont take me the wrong way .....to think that people are smelling u from 20ft away when u speak is ridiculous

and would they even associate it being you by giving u dirty looks ???

or be behind u in the car and pull away knowing its u

i think our minds play greatly into this whether we have bb or halitophobia

have u ever smelt anyones BB from 10ft away?

or no your just the one in a million that does have the kinda bb that can be smelt

we all need mental help
:D
Totally agree with you badtimes. Of course there are people out there who truly have bad breath or body odor that can fill an entire room, but finding one of these people is very very rare.

trenski
Junior

Distance

Post by trenski »

Keeptrying09, Are you suggesting also some of us are overreacting about our BB reactions? LOL. I swear it seem I get reactions from a distance. And I don't have a body odor at all. I would admit I am very paranoid.It's funny because my best friend of 20 years just suggested I should go "get help". He doesn't deny I have BB but continues to say it's mostly mental. I don't think all of it is mental. I have chronic BB and I know this is a fact. Like the doctor on this site replied to my post paralyzed, half body, & obese ( forgot his name, think it is aygdriml) , most people including my best friend think us BB sufferers can control or prevent BB by brushing our teeth and they don't pitty us just think we are lazy and don't have good oral care. But this is not true at all. I'm not ranting at you at ALL, it's just funny to even imagine smelling someone breath that far away! Other than being paranoid and looking for these reactions, I can't undertand why I get them from so far away. LOL. GOdD BLESS.
cool
Junior

Re: Distance

Post by cool »

trenski wrote: He doesn't deny I have BB but continues to say it's mostly mental.

did he tell u that u have bb or did he simply not deny when u ask him?
ever asked anybody else?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I don`t know why it`s hard for some people here to believe that there are cases of bb that travels really far. There had been cases where the sufferer had been evicted from their apartments because their breath can reach their neighbors. I`m sure that doctors will recognize this condition soon as it seems that the people who has this condition are piling up in numbers.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

It is od that it happens that far away. Iv wonderd if its not even smell but someting like histamines which trigge people to have allergic reactions. Because I have had people react from major mileage and m y mouth is closed. It ws me becaus they look right at me. How can it travel that far outside. The sneeze from a half a mile away.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Archimonde, I agree, even people around corners and behind glass could smell it.
jIMI, i AGREE with you too. I know people from cars behind or next to me can smell it. I was in my car once and the window was just cracked I was driving like twenty. These kids on the street started sneezing and rubbing then they turned aound and stared right at my car. It sems like paranoi. At first I was positive I was paranoi, but It haoppened everywhere I went.
wenjie
Junior

it is true

Post by wenjie »

this smell can travel like 50~100 meters.and it makes people sneeze.(i just learned this word from u)
it is not like people can smell it behind glass.because smell is not travel in direct line.it go through any space.so it seems like it can travel through glass.
i think it is something like NH3 that can make people cough and sneeze.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Can anyone elaborate on this NH3
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

wondering about this NH3 too
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

i can clear a room.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

BELIEVE me.i was watchin a live basketball game on TV a couple o months ago. the camera was focussing on kobe and when i exhaled he droped the ball and started coughing immediately. everybody in the court was rubbin their noses and shit. I was sooo embarassed :oops:
terminalBB

Post by terminalBB »

I can fill a room in 5 mins :( it started a month ago and got worse and worse. i'm only 13 i heard it could be gum disease, can you get it at such a young age?

thanx
Life_Goes_On
Advanced
Re: At what Distance can other people smell the BB?

Post by Life_Goes_On »

At this point I can confirm my bad breath can travel 30+ feet instantly. I have a job to where I consistently talk in the direction of other people who're 10 to 50+ feet away from me and whenever I talk they all start to rub or cover their noses, sometimes cough and usually most people would move/leave because of the smell and dont realize its me however some people do realize its me. This has been happening non-stop since I started this job. I once had a guy 30 feet directly away from me, walk up to me and offer me gum, like how embarrassing is that.

It wasnt until after I got this job did I realize how far my bad breath can reach. I think a lot people with chronic bad breath dont realize that their bad breath can reach far distances in a matter of seconds. Mainly because we cant smell our own bad breath most of the time and its quite unusual for people to talk to someone 10+ feet away to even see their reactions. Im not sure what causes our problem but something is seriously wrong. And I dont think its an oral problem. I think our problem comes from either our stomach, throat, lungs or sinuses. By law our problem should qualify as a disability.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Life_Goes_On wrote:At this point I can confirm my bad breath can travel 30+ feet instantly. I have a job to where I consistently talk in the direction of other people who're 10 to 50+ feet away from me and whenever I talk they all start to rub or cover their noses, sometimes cough and usually most people would move/leave because of the smell and dont realize its me however some people do realize its me. This has been happening non-stop since I started this job. I once had a guy 30 feet directly away from me, walk up to me and offer me gum, like how embarrassing is that.

It wasnt until after I got this job did I realize how far my bad breath can reach. I think a lot people with chronic bad breath dont realize that their bad breath can reach far distances in a matter of seconds. Mainly because we cant smell our own bad breath most of the time and its quite unusual for people to talk to someone 10+ feet away to even see their reactions. Im not sure what causes our problem but something is seriously wrong. And I dont think its an oral problem. I think our problem comes from either our stomach, throat, lungs or sinuses. By law our problem should qualify as a disability.

As severe as yours. Are you from the US? Have you tried getting help from Undiagnosed Diseases Network?
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

winter wrote: As severe as yours. Are you from the US? Have you tried getting help from Undiagnosed Diseases Network?
Yes I'm from the US. And im not sure what an undiagnosed disease network is and how it works. It would be appreciated if you can inform me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic