Your Email Address:

First Name:

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sweetnlow

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Post by sweetnlow »

Hello
I have been lurking on this site since 2006, but I haven't posted much but today was a trying day. First let me tell talk about all of the crap I've done to try and stop my bad breath.

1. got deep cleanings by a periodontist
2. go every 4 months for regular cleanings(instead of 6 months)
3. got tonsils out 2 years ago
4. lower wisdom teeth removed
5. Every thing that everyone said would work on this site.(Tung brush, no alcohol mouth wash, thera breath toothpaste, exc.)

In 2 weeks I go to get a endoscopy. I'm at the end of my rope. I don't know what to do. I can't smell my breath( I use to before I got the deep cleaning). No I'm not cured because I still hear people at work making comments.

l

sweetnlow

Post by sweetnlow »

Comments like today. A coworkers husband came to see her and he was talking to me. Well she walked up and ask me if a wanted a piece of gum. So I said no at first but then I accepted it, then I went to the back and I heard him whisper to her "I know you wanted to force her to take it" then they started laughing. She always does that ask me if I want a piece of gum. Even when theres a whole room of people she only ask me. I'm just at the end of my rope I don't know what to do. Maybe when I go get my endoscopy they can find something that will cure me. I'm sorry religious people but I'm starting to doubt that there is a god because if it was why would he let me suffer like this. I have prayed my heart out since I was 13 and nothing has happened. :cry:
RED1214

Post by RED1214 »

Hi, i totally know what you're going through. just humiliating and awful.
its great that you've managed to get an appointment for an endoscopy as this can show you so many reasons for bad breath. one thing you haven't mentioned trying is an intolerance experiment. lots of people experience bad breath as a result of lactose intolerance or even coeliac disease. so even if the endoscopy shows no results then don't lose hope. try giving up all milk/dairy for a few weeks and then if there's no luck, try all gluten. you should start to see results after a few weeks but it may well take longer. just always remember that there IS a reason for your bad breath. it's taking a while to find it, but you will. the longer the battle, the sweeter the victory. good luck and don't lose hope.
sweetnlow

Post by sweetnlow »

Thank You Red1214 for your encouraging post. I will try your advice.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

sweetnlow, hi.
I'm amazed that you can have been praying to god for relief since u were 13, and only just had a deep cleaning done to your teeth which made the difference between being able to smell your own breath to not being able to smell it anymore. Do I take it therefore that your teeth have needed attention since u were 13?

I'm probably wasting my time with what I'm about to say next, but when a person suffers with BB it can bring out the PURE evil in some people who are subjected to it. They want to bring you down because its an opportunity to elevate themselves in the process (aka bullying) and even if you dont have BB, they'll still enjoy treating u like an animal. But the fact is, you might not even have BB anymore - these people are just conditioned to assume that once a stinker always a stinker. The gum being a precautionary measure incase they have to get close to you. Dont go by reactions, get someone who you can trust to let you know.

Try a dentist, they have no reason to say your breath is good if it isnt. If it really does smell they'd want you to know about it because it means they can get some $$$ out of you.
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Hi Sweetnlow

I know exactly what you're going through. But my first advice to you is that you shouldn't accept that kind of behavior from your coworkers.

I understand perfectly that your confidence is at a very low stage right know and that is the reason they pick on you. These people are basically cowards, they like to prey on those who the see as weaker. Stand up to whoever bullies you around. Trust me, you'll feel better after you do.

As for bad breath, for years I was convinced that my halitosis originated from my mouth. I never thought bb could come from the stomach, which it does in my case. Make sure you ask your doctor to test for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). Also, if you have a history of digestive tract disorders, you may want to mention that as well.

Just as Red said, try to change your diet for a couple of weeks to see what happens, and no matter what the outcome...never give up.

Best of luck
sweetnlow

Post by sweetnlow »

Halitoisux: No. My teeth wasn't bad I had braces but my gums were. My dentist at that time didn't even realize that my gums were bleeding I think he thought it was because of my braces, so I had gum disease and he didn't even know. I guess because it was in the 80's and since I was 13 he didn't think to check. I didn't mean to make it sound like when I got the deep cleaning I couldn't smell my breath. It was everything that I listed including changing tooth paste and mouth wash. The deep cleaning did stop my nose farts. I think the smell maybe coming from my stomach like Sputnik said.

Sputnik, Thank you for the advice I will ask for the SIBO test and you're right I will not take crap from bullies anymore. I guess sometimes I feel so nasty because of BB that I try not to make a scene, but you're right that just make people think I'm a weak.
bbuk

Re: DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Post by bbuk »

sweetnlow wrote:
1. got deep cleanings by a periodontist
2. go every 4 months for regular cleanings(instead of 6 months)
3. got tonsils out 2 years ago
4. lower wisdom teeth removed
5. Every thing that everyone said would work on this site.(Tung brush, no alcohol mouth wash, thera breath toothpaste, exc.)

l
I have also done the above and whilst my breath has got better from these procedures I still have BB especially when I eat anything or drink coffee or alcohol.

I have for the last two weeks started taking probiotics in the form of Danone Actimel, Yakult type drinks and Danone Activia yogurt. To my amazment they appear to be doing something positive and I can no longer smell my own bad breath. Either my bb is still there but I can no longer smell it or the probiotics are working.

Because of the progress from probiotics I have just started probiotic treatment in the form of the Breeze Care products. Whilst this is expensive I am just hoping this is the final cure for me. I suggest you try eating the probiotic yogurts and drinks for a few weeks and see how you go. The first tew days you take them you may get a stomach ache like I did but you should persevere as it dissapears shortly. Also try drinking different brands and types to get different bacterial cultures in your body. Its worth a shot if you havent tried this already. One Danone actimel carton contains about 10 billion bacteria. A danone activia yogurt contains 4 billion. I try and ingest 50 billion a day using different brands.
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

bbuk

If you find that probiotics help, then your bad breath is most probably caused by a digestive tract disorder of some type. My advice to you is to check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=2668

The information on this thread helped me a great deal understand and begin to treat my bb.

Also, forget about breecare probiotics, they are way too expensive. Try these instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Ad ... 456&sr=1-5

This oral probiotics has the same k12 bliss bacteria as breezecare, but you get twice as many lozenges for half the price.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

sweetnlow wrote:The deep cleaning did stop my nose farts. I think the smell maybe coming from my stomach like Sputnik said.
I dont understand your logic at all there. Dont you think that a procedure which managed to stop your nose farts has either COMPLETELY got rid of your BB or if it hasnt then this is where you need to continue to focus your attentions on? why are you looking at your stomach when something as important as this has happened to you?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@bbuk and sputnik

Why do you think that sucking a probiotic lozenge will have the slightest effect on your gut microflora? Its doubtful that any probiotic products manage to reach the intestines unless they are designed to be delivered down there through specially designed capsules etc.
The breath benefits from any type of yogurt is likely to be nothing more than the effect on odour producing bacteria inside the mouth and throat.

50 billion bacteria will probably fit on the end of a pinhead - you could swallow 50 trillion and they would still all likely end up being destroyed by your stomach acid alone.

There's not a shred of evidence to prove yakult or actimel etc have any health benefits to anyone. Its only for the fact it cant be proven otherwise that they get away with it. If you analyse their marketing its all very cleverly worded bullshit.
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

halitosisux

The K12 probiotics are for the oral flora alone, not the gut flora. In fact, K12 will not survive in the gut. I have tried these on numerous occasions and have found that it has helped me after using antibacterial mouthwashes. I used to get a very nasty itching sensention at the back of the throat (I gargle a lot) especially at night. These mouth probiotics relieve the itching almost instantly. So in my opinion, it helps if you use a lot of antibacterial products like I do.

I advised bbuk to try both because there is always a possibility that the source of bb can come from more than one source. If bbuk got some relief after the deep cleaning, then I assumed that orla probiocs could help especially with the use of antibacterial products.

As I have stated more than once on this forum, my bb comes from the gut, but I think there is a possibility that another minor source may be from the mouth because I do get some relief after brushing and mouthwashing with antibacterial produts.

As for the probiotics destined for the intestines, I use products designed for that purpose (as you said,'in capsules'). After trying the Metronidazole & Fluconazole as advised by KeepTrying09, I have found that these probiotics have helped TREMENDOUSLY in minimizing my bb.

My doctor had prescribed me these meds back in 2006 and bb just came back only after a few days. When I tried them this time around adhering to KT09's advice, I have found that probiotics have made a world of difference.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sputnik thanks for your reply. I understand your point now, about trying to target both oral and digestive possibilites. It can get confusing when more than one approach is being taken at any given time.

Just out of curiousity, how did you determine the improvement to your breath from trying the intestinal probiotics? What kind of BB do you have? Do you get odours on your tongue or do you suspect its coming out through your lungs?
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Halitosisux

I don't think my bb breath comes from my lungs, but it is a possibility I should investigate anyways. Thanks for mentioning it.

When I first started looking for ways to treat bb, I normally assumed that it came from the oral cavity. I used to have a constant bad taste at the back of the tongue that never went away. Now this might seem difficult to believe, but I could almost feel the gas emissions being released from my tongue's surface.

I don't know if it was in fact the tongue or gases coming form the digestive tract. But I do know that tea tree oil in a little water used as mouthwash has brought me some relief. But only for a short period of time.

While using Metronidazole & Fluconazole my bb disapeared completely. I knew that from the reaction I got from people. I got no reaction whatsoever.

In reality I have no idea what my bb smells like when it is bad, but I would often get certain comments like 'who farted'. My brother once told me that I fart through my mouth.

Gums and mints are offered to me almost on a daily basis, mostly from my familly and my father has made it his mission that I never run out of toothpaste.

After taking the antibiotic and antifungal meds, I started to get reactions again almost immidately, and the bad taste at the back of the tongue came back also.

I started taking probiotics on the 4th day. Three capsules a day (after each meal) each containing 3 billion beneficial bacteria. The following days, I noticed that reactions would differ depending on the time of day and what I ate. But even when I did get reactions,they were minor. Nobody has offered me gums or mints since then. I guess its more tolerable now.

It's been almost a month and yesterday I actually managed to talk to my brother and his wife inside his car with windows closed for 30mn (the AC was turned on) and I got almost no reaction. At least no one tried to crack a window open. That would never have been possible in the past.

Aside from all the different digestive disorders I have had in the past, I also suspect SIBO but have never been tested for it. It's difficult to assess the degree of improvement, but I think it is considerable.

I believe that the only thing that will cure me is a surgical procedure for my hiatal hernia.
sweetnlow

Post by sweetnlow »

halitosusx: Because of my untreated gum disease at the time my mouth was really stank it could fill up a car. I have been seeing a periodontist for 10 years and my gum disease have stopped. My gums are healthy now, before the deep cleaning 2 of my teeth in the back was starting to get loose and when I would floss it had a shit odor but not now and my teeth are so healthy. I think my nose farts during that time was because my teeth and gums near the nasil cavity was infected because of the gum disease. A guy up here on the message boards said that because of his arupted wisdom teeth near the nasil cavity he also had nose farts until the teeth were pulled. I have done everything for my mouth as I posted in my previous post and still have bad breath, so that's why I'm looking at my stomach. like everyone said make sure to check everything out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic