Your Email Address:

First Name:

coconut oil

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
con2130
Total Newbie

What do i do?

Post by con2130 »

OK so i've just found this website and i've suffered with bb for a good few years now. ALOT of people notice it and i know it can sometimes smell really bad. Luckily my closest friends haven't really noticed/mentioned anything. I was wondering what you do exactly with the Coconut Oil? Like...brush it, or swallow it or what? and what could the side effects be.

PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

@ HITLER

before using coconut oil how was your tongue did it smell bad as well?

and when you used the oil were you brushing your tongue too?
hitler

Post by hitler »

my tongue was always white. lol continually. it still gets white sometimes. but the smell was not from the tongue - most of my bb was coming from my throat. my tonsils always had that yellow mush. i think coconut oil with baking soda - brushing and taking vitaimin c like crazy it must have killed all the candida everywhere. my tonsils never get that yellow fecal smelly mush that you can pry out with your finger.

internets is awesome :)
id never be able to say this to anyone's face.
bb_girl

I'm trying this now!

Post by bb_girl »

It's been a while, everyone!

My husband suggested to me to try Coconut Oil pulling. I am swishing away as I am typing this. He swears it works! I'm not sure if it's because of it, but today, SO MANY HUGE tonsils stones came out! I think there are some more but I'm taking a break for tonight LOL.

I tried everything...anything from Dr. Katz products, to going to the dentist and getting my crowns fixed, I went to the ENT, nothing really worked. I hope this works! ARGH.

I will update everyone!
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

hitler wrote:ok... its like this. i had coconut oil in the afternoon with a few pills of vitamin C and in the morning there was only a little bit of bad breath. (almost none) - next morning there was none.

try vitamin C. it really worked for me - i still think it was the coconut oil that killed that bacteira in my esophagus....

lifes good now.

i fully support natural cures... eat different things. try anything and everything. something will work.

guys i know it can be really depressing. but lose no hope.
what kind (brand) of Vitamin C did you use?

And thanks for the info.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

hitler wrote:hi kite,

yes the bb was gone after 2 days. yah i still ocasionally have some vitamin c and more ocasionally i have vco.

but after my second day - it was gone. more like after the first day.

i really really wish there could be a worldwide cure for this... but am not sure.

i really think its something in our blood that fights off bad bacteria... for me it was absence of the acids found in vco. for some other people it may be not only the acids of vco but other things as well...

so i guess combine as many things at once and pray!

i know you might think im retarded but i think Christ answered it.
Thank you for sharing that. Your posts are very encouraging.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

i got my coconut oil last night and started the oil pulling and ingesting it (it tastes like the butter on movie popcorn O:)
bb_me
Total Newbie

any updates so far for the VCO efficacy for bb?

Post by bb_me »

i'm just new to this site and it seems this virgin coconut oil (vco) is the best cure for my bb. i greatly appreciate if anyone (e.g., kite, hitler, others) who have tried the vco can update me on its efficacy? is this a long-term solution? please let me know. kindly tell me the effective way also of using it. thank you very much in advance! :)
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

ill try this. if it flushes tonsil stones out it's good enough for me. is there a store where you can buy this from instead of online? im from the states.
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

Hi,

coconut oil is primary what i use for oil pulling i also eat a teaspoon every other day, i use alternatives for brushing my teeth like fine sea salt and watered down hydrogen peroxide

i believe brushing your teeth with coconut oil would at least be a benefit.

some people like me use it for Oil pulling (old Ayurveda process) can take a significant amount of time in giving you the desired results, basically on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of oil in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing, sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes.
This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood, i believe it may also attract or pull bacteria out from the gums, the oil must not be swallowed, so spit it out!
everyone uses a different oil, i flick between the 3 oils, coconut oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, and i use only unrefined organic versions

i swallow a teaspoon every other day without oil pulling, when cold its a solid oil which turns to oil liquid within 10 secs when in your mouth, i basically add a little water to make it oily then bang it down,its organic virgin coconut oil and i get it from www.amazon.co.uk as i am unable to lcoate it in a shop here in the uk

In traditional medicine around the world coconut is used to treat a wide variety of health problems including gingivitis,scurvy, sore throat, toothache, Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites, Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases, Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/ is a fantastic read.

yep you can make your own but i am far too lazy :)

Regards Vince
Last edited by vinnie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faith

Post by Faith »

Can someone please share the type of Vitamin C and virgin coconut oil they use? Also, if you get it online, can you provide a link to the product?

Thank you everyone for your posts and suggestions. It's always encouraging that some people are finding a cure.

God bless
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

Hi Faith,

in my previous post i did place a link to amazon, then you use the site search for organic virgin coconut oil and its the top one of the returned search

here is the complete link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coconoil-Organi ... 031&sr=8-1

some people use different types i prefer the vitamin c effervescent tablets (in the uk) from my local supermarket, you drop them in water an they fizz til they disappear.

Regards Vinnie
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

bblady

Post by bblady »

As an open minded individual who has already tried a wide assortment of remedies and products to tackle this bad breath problem, I have become skeptical of many of them; especially since none have worked for me thus far. I am still trying to find a cure. I have just begun an oil pulling regimen and am doing this with VCO first thing every morning for 20 minutes each time. Mind you, I've only just started this practice, so it's too soon to tell if it is helping me or my breath.

To balance out the scales of all the claims that have been made from various sources regarding the benefits of oil pulling, I thought I would share this article with you from Dr. Weil. The article pretty much states there is no scientific evidence to support the many health claims that have been made of oil pulling, but he does recognize that it can improve a person's oral health. Unfortunately, there is no mention of whether or not it works on a person's breath.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400499/O ... emedy.html

Personally, I have to say I agree with Weil. Just because something has been practiced since ancient times does not mean it works or is even beneficial. Leaches anyone?
Faith

Post by Faith »

Thanks Vinnie! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic