Your Email Address:

First Name:

Good smelling toothpaste mouthwash and gum

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
firecracker

Good smelling toothpaste mouthwash and gum

Post by firecracker »

It has taken me a few years to find the right products that make my breath smell as good as it can get with my bad breath condition. To me these things are like perfume for the mouth. It's not going to cure it (there is a never ending smell that I believe is coming from my tonsils) but it helps temporarily.

1. Toothpaste..I am using Tom's of Maine antiplaque tartar control plus whitening in spearmint with no flouride toothpaste at the moment. It makes my mouth smell so sour..similar to my real bad breath lol. I was just going to use it for night time, but now I'm worrying the smell might stick and carry on for the next day. I am now sitting here comparing the smell to Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste in Mint..and I find it to be less sour and more peppermint antiseptic smelling which is alot better to me. And it has no fluoride which is Very awsome. I use it at bedtime to give me a break from fluoride.

Ok..well I had a boyfriend with great breath and he used Colgate Max Fresh with mini breath strips in cool mint (dark blue color). So I started using the same kind..and it seems to be an agreeable smelling toothpaste to other people after I have just brushed with it. I just wish they would make a toothpaste with no fluoride! I have been sticking with this one for the past six months.

I know a really outgoing guy and have never smelled bad breath on him ever..and I saw in his bathroom he uses Colgate Max Fresh with Mouthwash Beads in the dark blue kind. After seeing that..I just thought wow these handsome cocky casanova types seem to be using the same kind of toothpastes lol. Again..I hate how they have to pump their tubes full of fluoride! But anyhow that's what I use as tongue perfume lol.

Now on to Mouthwash..One time I tried Oasis (alcohol free), and I guess it was kinda cough mediciney sweet and had a guy cough and clearly show he didnt like it. But he was ok with listerine..so I stopped using it. I have tried Therabreath mouthwash and it smells like zinc or something... not even close to a heavy mint mouthwash. I would not consider it to be good mouth perfume. I tried the green spearmint scope one time and my breath seemed skunky lol and my friend held his nose too! I'd be willing to try it again just to see if it's any better now.

For like 4 years I used Listerine in arctic mint (the pale light blue color). I thought for the longest time it was the best smelling mouthwash. But then I had a horrible encounter where I had just rinsed with it and some girls thought my breath was bad. Made me think twice about it. Then one night I was hanging at my friend's apartment and he had just rinsed with mouthwash. It smelled like a good clean peppermint smell..I really liked it. I asked him what he was using..and he showed me he was using Scope in cool peppermint ( the blue kind). Well while I was in the transition of changing from listerine to scope..I had 2 bottles identical but one filled with scope and one with listerine. And one night I went to macys and rinsed with mouthwash in my car before going in. I felt like my breath was off and borderline stinky in a stale gross way. It crossed my mind that maybe I was using listerine instead of scope. And when i went back to my car I smelled the bottle and sure enough it smelled of listerine to me. That moment convinced me that scope smells better. Also listerine has 21.6 percent alcohol, while scope has 14.3.(I am looking at two bottles here right now),.and as we know less alcohol the better. So thats what I use as mouth perfume. A good non alcohol one is Breath RX. It's a good smell.

Ok now on to gum. I have had some bad experiences with old fashioned stick gum ..such as winterfresh. When I was using that kind...I noticed a horrid smell at the back of my mouth, and my tongue was so dry back there..I felt it made things worse. I use Eclipse in spearmint...and have for a while like a year. I first noticed this brand..when I had a friend and he was chewing gum that smelled good and I asked him and he showed me..but he was using it in the peppermint flavor. I used that flavor for a while. I can't say at the moment which one I prefer, but they both are like equally pretty good. But be careful because they put Aspartame in the gum which pretty much all gums have now days, that is Really bad for you. I often just chew a small piece like a small bite off the corner. I know one time I chewed almost a whole piece and went to talk to a cashier and he just put his hand to his nose because the smell was so powerful and intense. So I think less is better...a subtle hint of mint. But I sware I get so confused on dates and wonder..should I chew a bigger piece lol. Sometimes gum just seems to cause a bigger smell aroma...so I often just chew a small little piece. Sometimes if I have just brushed and mouthwashed I wont use any gum. Then if i notice someone hints like it smells I will add a small piece. Thats the confusing part is not knowing what the perfect breath freshener concoction is.

These are the breath fresheners I am currently using. It took me years and trial and error to figure it out...hope it helps.
Last edited by firecracker on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

With chronic BB most products will give about 5 mins relief if you're lucky.
On the subject tho, there was one day where I became so fed up and exasperated that I grabbed a bottle of aftershave and gargled with it. I felt ill for days after.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I was using DioxiRinse for over a year. It's a binary mouthwash, where you mix two ingredients that result in chlorine dioxide. It tastes terrible and I think it was giving me skin problems, and heartburn. Even though I never swallowed it, some of it gets absorbed in the mouth.

So now I'm just using Walgreen's prebrush teeth whitening rinse (similar to Listerine's prebrush rinse). It has hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), which is probably safer than ClO2. Plus it acts as a teeth whitener.
RED1214

Post by RED1214 »

Hi. dentyl PH mouthwash is really good. It's alcohol free so doesn't dry out your mouth escalating the problem but instead actually removes bits of debris and bacteria. you can actually see in the sink what has been removed. i use aquafresh extreme clean toothpaste which is probably the best one i've ever used.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Most commercial products contain alcohol or swetener that may have produce halitosis after use.

Prepare mouthwash yourself.

ZnCl2 for block VSC gases 1 gr per liter is enough to stop type 1 halitosis within hours. Bad taste but super effective.

Hope helps

(Remember, its for type 1 only.)
- Murat
sandy
Junior

Post by sandy »

aydinmur wrote:Most commercial products contain alcohol or swetener that may have produce halitosis after use.

ZnCl2 for block VSC gases 1 gr per liter is enough to stop type 1 halitosis within hours. Bad taste but super effective.

Hope helps

- Murat
Can you be more detail as to what ZnC12 is for blocking VSc gases
Thanks
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

aydinmur wrote:Most commercial products contain alcohol or swetener that may have produce halitosis after use.

Hope helps

- Murat
I googled it and found this on wiki:

Disinfectant

Historically a dilute aqueous solution of zinc chloride was used as a disinfectant under the name "Burnett's Disinfecting Fluid". [36] It is also used in some commercial brands of antiseptic mouthwash.

Problem is, where do you get Zinc Cloride?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

sputnik wrote:I googled it and found this on wiki:
Disinfectant
Historically a dilute aqueous solution of zinc chloride was used as a disinfectant under the name "Burnett's Disinfecting Fluid". [36] It is also used in some commercial brands of antiseptic mouthwash.
Problem is, where do you get Zinc Cloride?

ZnCl2 is weak antiseptic (not disinfectant). The zinc molecule extracts suplhur from VSC, turns to ZnS that is insoluble in saliva, thus they precipitate.

I successfully.put zncl2 in a rinse:
http://cozumilac.com/pharmolzn/indexen.html

-Murat

P.S. All Zn compounds are for Type 1 halitosis only
firecracker

Post by firecracker »

Is there any way we can determine if we have Type 1 bad breath.
Is it associated with a certain type of smell. Such as cheese, fecal, or something else?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

aydinmur wrote:

ZnCl2 is weak antiseptic (not disinfectant). The zinc molecule extracts suplhur from VSC, turns to ZnS that is insoluble in saliva, thus they precipitate.

I successfully.put zncl2 in a rinse:

-Murat

P.S. All Zn compounds are for Type 1 halitosis only

Hi Aydinmur,

I've been in touch with that site to try ordering PharmolZn to Sweden, but they refuse (unless I buy 24 bottles for over $500).

I really would prefer buying one bottle first, can you help?

Alternatively, where would a normal consumer get hold of ZnCl2?

I only have one objection to using Zn. I believe it dries the mouth (which is counterproductive). At least that's what my halitosis dentist told me. What's your view?

Kind regards!
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Larc400 wrote: >I successfully.put zncl2 in a rinse:
>http://cozumilac.com/pharmolzn/indexen.html

Hi Aydinmur,
I've been in touch with that site to try ordering PharmolZn to Sweden, but they refuse (unless I buy 24 bottles for over $500).
I really would prefer buying one bottle first, can you help?
Dear Friends

Before everything, I would like to explain one important point:
I gave PharmolZn rinse formulation to the pharmacy company free of charge. I dont take even one dolar with this rinse.

Secondly, PharmolZn is for Type 1 halitosis. You doýnt need to purchase PharmoLZn if you dont have Type1 halitosis
------------------
I have just called the company with telephone. I asked: PharmolZn rinse is sold at every pharmacies in Turkiye, its cheap, why PharmolZn expensive out of Turkiye?

Mr ilhami said:
One bottle Pharmol Zn -> 10 $USD
Because of UPS cargo company accepts bottles with a standard dimensions and packaging, I have to post 1 box (24 bottles). Its 240 $USD. Shipping >200 $USD from Istanbul to Sweden. This is the reason of ~500 $USD.

Mr ilhami offered:
If any company or any individual would like to buy 1 bottle PharmolZn, offer to deliver PharmolZn in Istanbul with below prices including taxes but excluding shipping:

PharmolZn 10$ up to 4 boxes (96 bottles)
PharmolZn 8$ over 4 boxes (96 bottles)

cozum ilac <[email protected]>
[email protected]
Tel: +0212 299 15 11
Fax: +0212 299 15 33
Cell: 530 5103342

-------------

To all,
I dont sell rinse, I hate money conversation, I can not talk money even with my patients, from now on, please call Mr ilhami

- Murat
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Larc400 wrote:I only have one objection to using Zn. I believe it dries the mouth (which is counterproductive). At least that's what my halitosis dentist told me. What's your view?
My knowledge, Zn compounds dont dry mouth.
is there any literature about this specifity of Zn?
- Murat
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Thanks for answers!

I've not seen any literature regarding Zn --> dry mouth. My only source is a halitosis dentist in Sweden. I suppose one will find out if that's the case 8)

Any suggestions where a normal consumer can get hold of ZnCl2 would be appreciated O:)
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

Tom's of Maine has some good natural mouthwashes with zinc chloride. I decided to switch to their latest one, Wicked Fresh, from what I'm using now. Now that I'm keeping the tonsils clean, I don't seem to need those oxygenating mouthwashes anymore.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

hope4now wrote:Tom's of Maine has some good natural mouthwashes with zinc chloride. I decided to switch to their latest one, Wicked Fresh, from what I'm using now. Now that I'm keeping the tonsils clean, I don't seem to need those oxygenating mouthwashes anymore.

It contains:
Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Propanediol, Xylitol, Natural Flavor, Benzoic Acid, Zinc Chloride, Menthol

This is poor combination.
There is not ethyl alcohol in it. But Sorbitol, Propanediol is a alcohol. Bacteria ara capable of ferment them. Gives fuel to oral microbial flora. Also sweetners are not prefered for halitosis rinses.

Put 1 g Zinc Chloride in 1 lt tap water. This is better for type 1 halitosis.
-Murat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic