Your Email Address:

First Name:

date

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
macks86
Junior

date

Post by macks86 »

hi guys

i have a date this fridya with a guy iv been seeing. its going really well and he really likes me. we've had quite a few dates together, but theyve always bene in open spaces. like parks, or his place, or emty cinema , o r restuarant. this time its the theatre, and i tried to get an aisle seat so i could aim my breath not on anyone .... no such luck. so im going ot be sandwiched between this guy and someone else.

im already nervous about it. any tips to make my breath no offensive for 3+ hours... yes it s a log show :(

RED1214

Post by RED1214 »

Hey macks. Good luck with the guy you're dating. In regard to trying to cover up your breath - if you have already been on a few dates, then he HAS smelt your breath. Ofcourse he has. If you've been sitting close to him, or maybe not even that close, it would be virtually impossible for him not to of, no matter how much breath-holding, indirect breathing etc. So he's either a lovely guy who doesn't mind your breath, your breath really isn't as bad as you think it is, or finally, you're suffering from haltiphobia and your breath really doesn't smell at all.

I know people mentioning haltiphobia can really anger some people on here, but it's a diagnosable condition. People all over the world suffer from it. I realise that mentally, it's exactly the same as actually suffering from chronic halitosis. You have the same feelings, depression, paranoyer etc. Somebody may have told you that you have bad breath when you were very young and it's just stuck with you without you even realising. You then notice people covering and scratching their noses all the time thinking it's because you smell, but actually, if you sit and observe people from a distance, EVERYBODY does it, without even realising. Being told you smell is an absolutely horrific experience for some reason, particularly bad breath, because there is no way that you can know for yourself whether you do or not. This is why so many people develop haltiphobia. I'm sure many people you know suffer from it without you even noticing, perhaps it just hasn't escalated to the level of some others conditions.

I am really, really sorry for the 'rant', but I just hate the thought of there being people out there who aren't enjoying life like they should because they think they have chronic halitosis when really, their breath is fresh as a daisy. Please, just ask somebody you can really, really trust. If you still don't believe them, then ask a child. Everybody knows what children are like LOL.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic