Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tell us your routine/type of bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBsucks

Tell us your routine/type of bad breath

Post by BBsucks »

I have fecal bad breath and this is my routine (however through this site I want to try a few more things....just ordered a tung brush):

4,000 mg Vit C daily (just started yesterday)
Brush teeth 3x/d w/ tongue scraper & therabreath (waste of money but I feel more confident using some type of mouth wash)
Danactive in the AM
At least 18 pieces of gum per day :(

On a side note has anyone tried the Dentyne Pure gum? I love it because it is softer because dang I am tired after chewing 18 pieces! Problem is that I don't know if it really "neutralizes" my breath as it claims since I have no BB smellers here.

cunning_stunts
Total Newbie

How I've banished my bad breath

Post by cunning_stunts »

While my breath was not hideous, it certainly caused me more problems than it should in the past. As an everyday sufferer with a mild to moderate odour, here are some tips and practices I've discovered that have pretty much eliminated it from my life.

1. Sort out your dry mouth. If you have a dry mouth, you're very likely to have bad breath. The solution? Drink more water. This also helps keep you regular and those who have done their research will know that being constipated can very much affect your breath - negatively. Forget mouthwash - it contains alcohol, which (stupidly) dries out your mouth and makes bad breath worse. If you DO use a mouthwash, choose one that is alcohol free - Colgate Plax does one. Chewing gum, sucking mints etc. can help get saliva flowing when your mouth feels dry. I'm sure you all know this already.

2. Consider investing in a personal halimeter - they're tiny and discreet and will tell you frankly if your breath is stinkin'. This will either help reassure you you're alright, or inform you that you need to freshen up.

I bought this one - http://www.x-tremegeek.com/templates/Se ... ctID=20118 - from this site and it goes everywhere with me.

3. If you haven't yet tried the magnificent Orabrush, then buy one. I can't stress enough how much this product has helped me, and how superior it is to regular tongue scrapers. The little bristles really do help clean deep down into the carpet of your tongue rather than just scraping off the top layer of shite. Get one here - http://www.orabrush.com/

4. Brush your teeth very carefully with a sonic toothbrush. Do not saw backwards and forwards across the tooth surfaces - with a sonic toothbrush you only need to hold it gently against the surfaces of your teeth and move it in small circles to effectively remove plaque and get your teeth really clean. Angling the toothbrush towards the gums also helps.

5. Check you do not have an operculum - this is a flap of gum that covers a partially erupted wisdom tooth - I have these and the stuff that gets stuck under them smells horrific. I remove it using an interdental brush, but you can also use a small plastic needleless syringe to flush the space out.

6. Avoid stink foods and things that will dry out your mouth. Drink ONLY water. Try not to breathe too much through your mouth. Everyone knows this anyway.

My routine, both morning and evening:

Moisten mouth with water. Use Orabrush on tongue until it comes off clean.

Brush teeth with a good toothpaste - I like Aquafresh Extreme Clean Pure Breath - it's a foam paste that contains zinc, and once you get past the slightly odd taste and texture, it does a pretty good job. Spit and rinse with water - always rinse with water - you wouldn't want to sniff a bowl of washing up suds that had been used to clean last night's dishes... so don't leave toothpaste in your mouth!

Clean tongue with sonic toothbrush and water... as far back as possible and up the sides. I almost put mine down my throat in order to ensure my tongue is really clean. There are ways to train your gag reflex - with practice it should diminish.

Rinse toothbrush, and brush tongue again, this time with a little toothpaste. Then rinse and brush it again with water, before using Orabrush to remove any remnants left over.

Gargle with water, and then floss. Always floss after brushing. Take a long drink of water (and many more throughout the day).

It may seem long-winded, but this is the only way I can keep my breath fresh.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi, those gum flaps might be the only thing you need to bother with.
cunning_stunts
Total Newbie

Post by cunning_stunts »

They are annoying, but it's the dry mouth that causes it for me... if I don't drink enough I can feel my mouth get sour and my tongue grow fur. I have to keep it really clean or it goes off quickly because of the conditions in my mouth. I've definitely got it down now though and hope others can identify their own personal source, then find a way of blitzing it too. :D
solitude
Total Newbie

Re: How I've banished my bad breath

Post by solitude »

cunning_stunts wrote:W
2. Consider investing in a personal halimeter - they're tiny and discreet and will tell you frankly if your breath is stinkin'. This will either help reassure you you're alright, or inform you that you need to freshen up.

I bought this one - http://www.x-tremegeek.com/templates/Se ... ctID=20118 - from this site and it goes everywhere with me.
How do you know this works ?
cunning_stunts
Total Newbie

Post by cunning_stunts »

Hello solitude.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I can tell you that in the morning, it ALWAYS registers 4-5 dots.

If I brush JUST my teeth, it will give me around 3.

If I follow my whole routine, it gives me one... and if I use it after smoking or eating, perhaps 2 or 3.

So I'd say it gives a fair indication. :)
solitude
Total Newbie

Post by solitude »

cunning_stunts wrote:Hello solitude.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I can tell you that in the morning, it ALWAYS registers 4-5 dots.

If I brush JUST my teeth, it will give me around 3.

If I follow my whole routine, it gives me one... and if I use it after smoking or eating, perhaps 2 or 3.

So I'd say it gives a fair indication. :)
Hey,

So i bought one of these. Not of that link you provided though. I tried it this morning before brushing my teeth and it came up as 1 which means i have extremely kissable breath, apparently. I tried a few times and the same result! This made me think it wasn't working so i smoked a cigarette and tried first while exhaling smoke and it came up as 5 which is the worst. Tried without smoke but right after cigarette and got a 5 consistantly. Didn't brush my teeth but used mouthwash and first time it said 2, and then after it said 1. Obviously we all know about masking so i'm going to try it again in half an hour after the mouth wash has worn of and will report back.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

cunning_stunts wrote:They are annoying, but it's the dry mouth that causes it for me... if I don't drink enough I can feel my mouth get sour and my tongue grow fur. I have to keep it really clean or it goes off quickly because of the conditions in my mouth. I've definitely got it down now though and hope others can identify their own personal source, then find a way of blitzing it too. :D
i would say that the dry mouth worsens the situation and the gum flaps provide the bacteria.
like halitosisux says, those gum flaps might be the only thing you need to bother with. then a dry mouth would not switch into bb on a level that you may experience right now.
just my 2 cents.
me
Advanced

Post by me »

My breath is fecal. I hit the bathroom before going anywhere. After going to the bathroom my breath is way better. I use Colonix fiber from Dr. Natura, to make sure that I have to go to the bathroom everyday. I'm 100% sure that my breath is related to my digestive system and poop, so I don't eat things that make it irritated, or make my poop smell worst. The more liquid the poop is the worst it smells, the worst my breath smells. I try not to eat nothing for the rest of the day, althoug wether I eat or not my poop breath seems to gradually come back as the hours pass. When I do eat, I eat nothing but plain white rice, since it seem to be the food that least affect my breath.

sorry if I was graphic but you asked.
Renato
Junior

Post by Renato »

me wrote:My breath is fecal. I hit the bathroom before going anywhere. After going to the bathroom my breath is way better. I use Colonix fiber from Dr. Natura, to make sure that I have to go to the bathroom everyday. I'm 100% sure that my breath is related to my digestive system and poop, so I don't eat things that make it irritated, or make my poop smell worst. The more liquid the poop is the worst it smells, the worst my breath smells. I try not to eat nothing for the rest of the day, althoug wether I eat or not my poop breath seems to gradually come back as the hours pass. When I do eat, I eat nothing but plain white rice, since it seem to be the food that least affect my breath.

"Me", do you think you have silent reflux?

You have described what I think are also my symptoms, but with silent reflux included.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

me wrote:My breath is fecal. I hit the bathroom before going anywhere. After going to the bathroom my breath is way better. I use Colonix fiber from Dr. Natura, to make sure that I have to go to the bathroom everyday. I'm 100% sure that my breath is related to my digestive system and poop, so I don't eat things that make it irritated, or make my poop smell worst. The more liquid the poop is the worst it smells, the worst my breath smells. I try not to eat nothing for the rest of the day, althoug wether I eat or not my poop breath seems to gradually come back as the hours pass. When I do eat, I eat nothing but plain white rice, since it seem to be the food that least affect my breath.

I can't figure out how this would work though? How can the breath be connected to the poop, which is several yards down the system?

If we can figure that out, we may be onto something important.

Do you sometimes get a weird taste in your mouth after being to the bathroom?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic