Your Email Address:

First Name:

Did removing tonsils cure bad breath?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
tiredofcrying
Junior

Did removing tonsils cure bad breath?

Post by tiredofcrying »

I have tonsil stones and I'm getting my tonsils out next month. Has anyone had tonsil stones and got their tonsils removed? Did it make the bad taste in your mouth go away and the bad breath any better? I started getting bb about 10yrs ago, and it was about that time I started having allergies and PND. I'm just wondering if the allergies and the pnd has caused my tonsil stones and the bb problem because my tonsil stones smell like rotten eggs and thats what my breath smells like. I would appreciate any feedback because I'm scared to death about having my tonsils removed.

rexona
Total Newbie

Post by rexona »

no,i dont think so.that made better.
if i knew the lazer sytems i woul do that.
i would say lazer on your tonsil pockets.
vilenin89
Junior

Post by vilenin89 »

If you have BB and tonsil problems.. suck it up and get it removed. It's really no big deal.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

I got them removed I was cured. Is it worth it? Yes.
One Day One Day....
tiredofcrying
Junior

Post by tiredofcrying »

Thanks for thr feedback I can't wait to get rid of these nasty tonsil stones.
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

It didn't work for me :(
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

will the stones start forming in other tonsils for example lingual tonsils after removing the palantine ones?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

iirc, Meowkitty was cured when she had her tonsils and adenoids removed at the same time. To my knowledge, she's the only person on this forum who had their adenoids removed so it's hard to say weather she just got lucky or if adenoids removal has a high success rate of curing bb. I believe Snobunny was interested in having hers removed but i haven't heard from her in a while.
jane
Post by jane »

I haven't had hold-my-breath-on-the-train bad breath in about six months. My bb derives from my tonsils. After years of trial and error, i have found a very effective solution.

First off, i had a tonsillectomy of the palatine tonsils and adenoids about a year ago. The smell comes from the huge tonsil stones in my LINGUAL tonsils -which i knew before the surgery- but i was desperate. During the healing time, there was an overwhelming amount of mucus which helped pull out the months old stones lodged in there. My throat was also very relaxed (something it hasn't been in years due to bb fighting methods) and didn't alter the formation of my tonsils ie.swelling, etc. thus allowing the stones to come out easier. Btw, post nasal drip created foul smelling stones in my adenoids also. Overall the surgery did help reduce my bb.

So with that said, i knocked out the most problamatic stones during that time and got to start fresh. As soon as i was healed enough to start eating normally, the stones came back... inevitably. Luckily i had heard about grapefruit seed extract and started to gargle with it about three times a day. It's pretty acidic. Now, because i realized that vigorous gargling could harm my tonsils and make things worse, i just gargled about twice a day. Just a few drops in water equal to a/b two mouths full; anything more will make your throat raw.

This is the key:

I boil water EVERY MORNING to gargle with (my faucet water does not get hot enough). Hot water is EXTREMELY effective in loosening stagnant mucus that turns into tonsil stones. I pour it in a cup and add either the drops of GSE OR salt water. I alternate betwwen that and ONCE IN THE BLUE MOON: alcohol free mouthwash diluted with water. This must be done before you do ANYTHING in the morning.. even speak; you don't want to move your throat, allowing the mucus to get into a crypt.

I don't eat dairy, cheap icee's or juices that create thick mucus, or anything that will likely stay in my throat for a long time- i use my judgment. I also drink a few cups of tea everday just to clear the mucus in my throat as an alternative for gargling. After that morning gargle, followed by brushing my teeth, i always drink a hot cup of tea just in case there was any mucus i didnt get.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

jane wrote: The smell comes from the huge tonsil stones in my LINGUAL tonsils -which i knew before the surgery-
how did u find out that the smell came from the lingual tonsils and that they did produce stones?
have u been told that ur breath was affected or did u figure it out by yourself?
why me/us
Total Newbie

Post by why me/us »

I had my tonsils and adnoids removed and still suffered from bb. If your bb comes from them, then it will work. If your bb comes from other issues, like bacteria infections or yeast, then it won't. I could tell the difference in my breath after having them removed, but my bb was coming from other issues, so it only lessened it, but didn't remove it.

It's worth the chance....it may solve your bb problem.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

removing my tosils got rid of feces and rotten egg and nose fart completely gone. Recently my tongue coating came back. I dont taste much ass but I am getting some reactions. I updated under my story.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic