Your Email Address:

First Name:

Real hope after 28 years

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
GoodLuck!

Real hope after 28 years

Post by GoodLuck! »

Being a sufferer my entire life i know how extremely frustrating it can be to live with BB. Always bad news, future always looks dark.

I want to share the following with you as i hope it can re-energize some of you in your effort to keep fighting.

Over the last couple of weeks my condition has improved significantly, which it has never done before and i strongly feel it is a permanent effect and no bullshit improvement which will last temporarily because you use anti-biotic or some other drug.

I came across KeepTryings postings and found a lot of sense in what he wrote which again encouraged me to give his advices a serious try.

The outcome has been my mouth feeling as fresh as i cant remember, smell from my fingers when i touch the back of my tounge and throat being reduced alot, reduced mucus production(i have PND) and increased saliva production.

I was never able to smell myself but i always had a good radar, my radar tells my i smell a lot less, and sometimes not at all.

What i have done is on the most part to change what i eat and exercise a lot.

I`ve completely eradicated yeast, lactosis and coffein from what i eat. (that was tough!)
I have reduced the intake of red meat, sugar and fat by maybe 90%(that was really tough!)
I have increased the amount of natural yougurth, vegetables, fruits and water like crazy.

From before im irrigating my nose with salt water.

When i exercize i do hard cardio stuff like running until i almost puke, for a long time.

In this two weeks there was two major setbacks. One directly affecting the coating on my tongue which was when i ate a large bag of potato chips, it went away after like 4-5 hours. The other when i ate a steak, my mucus production was up again for the following 16-20 hours and my breath felt bad.

In the currant state i can actually live. I went to a napraprat the other day and i had the confidence to stand 1 meter away from here and talk straight in here face with no bad reactions. Something i would never have done with a stranger before.

There has been some sideeffects. For a few days i was feeling kind of sick. Very close to the same feeling i`ve had before when i`ve tried to get of the allergy pills i`ve been on for the last 20 years. Like the body lacks something and is striving.

My BB is not completely gone, i would estimate 70%.

Thus im encouraged to take on more advices. For the last three days i`ve been drinking probiotics. Dunno if my brand is good though. It only contains 5 billion CFUs per daily dose and it is powder which i have to mix with water and drink. Ironically i feel my BB becomes worse after drinking the mix.

I`ve also tried to get hold of some coconut oil but have been unable to find it in the local stores.

Im really interested in this whole Candida thing and i am putting together a plan for convincing my doctor to make me an endoscopy. From what i know candida can live other places as well which if so might as well create BB as well for all i know. Is there any other test you should do to figure out if you have candida in any other places of your body than the stumach regions?

Anyways, just wanted to share my story with you guys in case i can re-vitalize some of you in your efforts.

Seems like BB doesnt have a cure - apart from changing your lifestyle.

Good luck!

firecracker

Post by firecracker »

I too managed to get a reduction through diet change. About a forty percent reduction for about one week. But some bad event happened as of lately so Im now with the comfort food lol.
Here are some things I started to do.

1. I started sunbathing everyday for thirty to forty five minutes. I saw a doctor on the internet saying how the sun gives us vitamin d..and there are some antibiotic effects it can give, and boosts your immune system.
2. I took some coconut oil, one tablespoon on two days.
3. I started drinking a super green powder mix from Wholefoods Market...with spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass...great stuff...very potent!! I was taking one scoop in the morning, and one scoop in the evening.
4. I started taking milk thistle first thing in the morning. I met a holistic doctor and that was how he reccomended to take it. But weird thing is ..the directions say to take it after a meal.
5. I bought Ezekial 4:9 bread..you can find it in the freezer section at wholefoods market. It is reccomended by many for the candida diet.
6. I was staying away from sugar, chocolate, other bread, tortillas, pastas. I was avoiding cheese for the most part, milk.
I allowed eggs and butter.
7. I was staying away from processed food. I slipped and had a cheeseburger twice though oops.
8. One night I went on a garlic rampage..I roasted 2 garlic bulbs..it was delicious. I put a clove under each underarm to absorb it. I want to get more into garlic like that. If you are a female you can put it in a more creative spot too. Some people put garlic in their socks for bedtime! Just one roasted garlic bulb made me sleepy..its a great sleeping aid, it has tryptophan.
9. I was drinking lots of water and squeezing lots of lime in it..some days i was squeezing about 4-6 limes in my water.
Limes are the poor man's lemons..so much cheaper. But they have the same vitamins and enzymes as lemons just a little less.
10. I was avoiding meat, but I allowed some fish.
11. I completely cut out alcohol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well during that time..I went on a hard hike to test out my breath...and I noticed I was having a hard time smelling my own breath. For the first time ever...I actually thought hey I think I'd feel comfortable hiking with a friend next to me! So I invited a friend on another hike...he seemed fine hiking along with me with whatever breath I was exhaling. It was just when I'd talk that he might rub his nose, but luckily he never coughed over it. But he had a very strong sense of smell because he faintly smelled barbecue a half a mile away ..when I didnt notice until he brought it up. On that trip I finally caught the smell of my breath by intentionally blowing out to try and smell it..it was the same but not as strong as before.

Aside from that day...I was having a hard time smelling my own breath. I used to be able to tell from the taste in the back of my throat and breathing out and smelling it that my breath was horrendously gross. It gave me a new found confidence and I started going around without gum. I used to always have a piece of gum in my mouth before.

Then Saturday night I fell off the wagon...had Suddenly Salad Pasta in Classic flavor. It comes with some pesto powder mix you add oil and water to that is very strong in flavor and smell....that stuff gave me the most disgusting breath the next day. I mean awful..it reminded me of the smell of death. To top it off..that was the day I got into a car accident...some girl crashed into me from behind. I had to talk to a cop...I had to go to the hospital and talk to them. I tried my best to talk without blowing out too much air. I realized that gum was not improving the smell any..it was just as bad with gum.

I definitely know that my bad breath is associated with the food that I eat. You are what you eat...definitely is true for many of us. For some people, food makes them gain weight easily. For us, certain food makes us get bad breath easily.
Last edited by firecracker on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GoodLuck!

Post by GoodLuck! »

firecracker wrote: To top it off..that was the day I got into a car accident...some girl crashed into me from behind.
Ouch, i hope it went allright man.
I definitely know that my bad breath is associated with the food that I eat. I
Indeed. I forgot to add that im also taking lots of vitamin c, omega-3 supplements and i`ve stopped drinking completely.

Hope you can get back on your diet soon and get back on track. Definately possible to fight it.
EazySlug
Total Newbie

Post by EazySlug »

Hello there, I'm here too to give my support to those who are following the anti-candida diet shit, cause I'm doing it too and it has improved my general health condition so much that I don't think anymore of going back to the way I used to eat before.
For example, I reduced my sugar intake to 0%! I only drink water and ginger powder mixed with hot water, whitout sugar of course.
No milk and no wheat anymore!
My tongue turned pink and my mouth isn't dry anymore, like it used to.
it's been barely a week that I started this and I can't believe how fast it had effects on my bb and my health in general!
If you're really concerned about your bb you must give it one day cause I doubt thrre's a way you can regret it.
Give it a try!!
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

firecracker wrote: 3. I started drinking a super green powder mix from Wholefoods Market...with spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass...great stuff...very potent!! I was taking one scoop in the morning, and one scoop in the evening.

Can you tell me the name of this super green powder mix and how it acts on bb.

Thanks
firecracker

Post by firecracker »

It is made by a brand called Garden of Life, called Perfect Food Super Green Formula. 140 grams of grass juice per serving. I bought the 14 servings jar which normally sells for $25 but got it on sale for $20. Luckily this product goes on sale every so often..and it seems popular...when I bought it last time there was only 2 jars of this size left. It seems loaded ...says it has 5000 mg of perfect green juice blend. 3300 mg of perfect protein-mineral blend...that contains spirulina, chlorella. This even has 7mg, 1billion cfu..of Probiotic blend. This is the most potent green powder I have found so far.

I believe it is great for overall health, boosting the immune system. I noticed my stools now have a green tinge to them which I think is good. The night of my accident...I came home and ate a plain green salad, and had a scoop of this stuff. Then I brushed my teeth and went to the hospital. Unfortunately that bad breath was still with me. So it seems this is not an instant cure to deodorize bad breath immediately, for me at least. But it still is very great for your health...I think my energy levels have improved by taking this stuff..and sun bathing.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I found Virgin Coconut Oil in a healthfood store. I never knew about this oil, but found out about it on this forum. After brushing my teeth and scraping my tongue, I gargle and rinse with a little Coconut Oil. And after vigorously clearing my throat (because there always seems to be some mucous there) I let a little of the oil trickle down my throat. This seems to have lessened my BB quite bit. I check by licking the back of the wrist and smell the area after it dries.
I might also mention that when I scrape the white coating off my tounge, I use a knife (very carefully!) because the tounge scraper doesn't do a good job.
GoodLuck!

Post by GoodLuck! »

Quick update.

I`ve been keeping up the diet, allthough there has been times where i haven`t been as diciplined as i should. To keep things short;

If i am keeping my diet for at least a week, my BB is reduced like 80%. As soon as i start putting bad stuff in me, it comes back pretty immeadiately. Bottom line, it works but i still struggle with the motivation as it doesn`t cure it 100% which basically makes the psychological condition just as before.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

firecracker. loved yo first post. i fixed my bb and rotten odor but the rotten odor returned when the a.btcs wore off. i observed it smelled like a rotten version of what i had ate minutes/hous earlier,,simply put=digestive.

started taking white vinegar(thot of it coz thats what my saliva kinda smelled like during my initial bb free days. i have no idea how it works but the acetic acid may be replacin the hcl or stimulating its production in some way.

all i know is white vinegar wakes digestive enzymes up. white tongue coating has disappeared too ''weired''. only awkward(sp??) symptom am experiencing is some sort of radiant heat am givin out at night (somtin lyk a painless healthy fever)

Easyslug. i also cut out wheat and dairy a couple o wiks ago may be contributing to tung change too. slippd off and ate two whole pizzas last night, no side effects yet..Have you dropped yogurt too coz im havin a deeeep craving for it
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

GoodLuck! wrote:Quick update.

I`ve been keeping up the diet, allthough there has been times where i haven`t been as diciplined as i should. To keep things short;

If i am keeping my diet for at least a week, my BB is reduced like 80%. As soon as i start putting bad stuff in me, it comes back pretty immeadiately. Bottom line, it works but i still struggle with the motivation as it doesn`t cure it 100% which basically makes the psychological condition just as before.
Hey Goodluck, do mind being a little more specific as you your daily regimen.

I mean Like what is you food like:

Morning food: Abc, Def & XYZ

Afternoon food: Cde, yogurt , elg

Night food : Brocolli & yam

do mind listing things you eat this way thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic