Your Email Address:

First Name:

lingual tonsils???

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

lingual tonsils???

Post by ihatebacteria123 »

So I just found out there is a pair of tonsils on the back of the tongue called lingual tonsils after doing some research on tonsillectomy. I thought there were only 3 all this time, but it's actually 5! doh! From what I've read, lingual tonsils are overlooked or ignored because they can't be seen from routine examination. Doctors need to stick a camera in your mouth/throat area to see it. Surgery to remove lingual tonsils are also difficult, which might explain why doctors don't perform the surgery more often.

So has anyone removed their lingual tonsils??? The other tonsils are called palatine tonsils (the ones you can see on the back left and right sides of the mouth) and adenoid (the one in the nasopharynx - back of the nose). For people who had a tonsillectomy, what tonsils did you remove??? Did you know about these lingual tonsils?

dravens

Post by dravens »

Last edited by dravens on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dravens

Post by dravens »

Guys! you should really take a look at this board http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/2533/72

go throw it all and you will see many storys with experience about bb versus tonsil (stones).

also

http://health.yahoo.com/topic/parenting ... B5HHBLvs8F
ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

Post by ihatebacteria123 »

Yes, that's the forum I went through and found out about lingual tonsils. Although there are many successful stories with tonsillectomies, I have some doubts it would cure me because I rarely have tonsil stones and also my tonsils are really small. The only symptoms I have is just bad taste in back of the throat and tongue and something being stuck at end of the throat. I also snore really loud so at least my snoring will go away if I do an operation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic