Your Email Address:

First Name:

Let's meet up/exchange numbers

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
andgodinventedbb
Total Newbie

Let's meet up/exchange numbers

Post by andgodinventedbb »

I think we really need to have some sort of conference/get together, or if not share our numbers. I've been reading the posts here for a month or two now and I've come to realize that, sure, friends can sympathize and family members can say hey, stay strong, but the only people who really truly understand and with whom we can really relate with are the ones who suffer from this also. I've had bad breath since I was eight, nine, and I currently live in Texas. I still can remember being made fun of that young, and looking back at all the taunting, twisted necks, wrinkled noses, grimaces, et al, from others over the years (I'm 21) I wonder how I've managed to stay afloat this long. The horror, the hate, the hurt. We remain hopeful.

I've done pretty much the whole drill: ENT, gastroenterology, dentist, all of whom of course have the gargantuan $ sign and/or QUACK! stapled to their forehead but most blatantly, sadly enough I've figured, have no clue as to the cause of our condition, even though their egos opine otherwise. I hope to get a tonsillectomy soon, am currently on nasal steroids, will order probiotics soonest; another shot at the trial and error game. We shall overcome.

The question asked shouldn't be why me but 'why not me'? Why not me in that recent plane crash, in that devastating flood, with that brain tumor, cancer, AIDS? No? So then, paralleled with this logic, why not me with bad breath, TMAU, e.t.c? We are alive, and are soldiers; we fight, daily, against the emotional terror, the suicidal inclinations, the impossibly immense societal stress that comes with the burden of this. But we dare not fight alone because we dare not assume we can win as such. Wars are never won by a lone soldier.

We all need to relate, share, not just through written words but also via voice, tactility; the other senses are starved, atrophying, and must be fed. We cannot be shy to conquer this test, tribulation, human despondency hand crafted by you-know-who.

Other posts, one or two I've read, presented vague ideas about meet-ups. While this may not be plausible given the vast geographical prevalence of this disorder, we can always talk on the phone and get to know one another and share our experiences, (which few probably have done already) and then subsequently, if we wish, arrange meet-ups and all. Spoken words are ten-fold stronger than written texts. Another ten for visual acquaintance.

I wish you all more than luck.

terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

what's up. I live in and around DC, USA and I'm willing to meet up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic