Your Email Address:

First Name:

Appendix removed?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Ruben
Junior

Appendix removed?

Post by Ruben »

Anyone here have their appendix removed when they were young?

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Yes, I had my appendix removed when I was 15. But what does that have to do with anything?
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Appendix remove at age 19... funny you mention that because as far as I can remember, that's about the time my bb started. My chronic halitosis didn't come all at once, but progressively. That's why I can't pinpoint the exact time I realized I had permanent bb.

But now that you mention it, I realize that it was around that period that I started to become self conscious about it. Couldn't tell you if it was a little before or after.
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

Phantasist wrote:Yes, I had my appendix removed when I was 15. But what does that have to do with anything?
had my appendix removed when i was young as well, can't remember the age perhap 7.

I've been reading up on it, apparently the appendix is the organ that "teaches" the rests of your other lymphoepithelial tissue(read tonsils), how to function properly. So if its removed early, its a 50/50 situation. Either your tonsil functions properly like normal, or their fuction is impaired and can't produce the antigens and Bcell that are supposed to deal with some bacteria and other ailments.

One thing i wll say for sure, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR TONSILS, they are not the cause of your bad breadth. Your tonsil is actually preventing you mouth from turning into a Waster Dump, no matter how limited the functionality is at the moment, and you risk an upper respiratory tract infection when you get older.
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

On top of that the Appendix is at the entrance of the last part of your small intestine, and its normal function is to produce antigen and antibodies against things that affect you, So when people say bad gut flora might be causing you BB, the function of the appendix was to mitigate such a thing.
tony
Junior

Post by tony »

Yes, I had my appendix removed when I was 15.
I have always put the beginning of my BB down to changes during puberty (It has lasted 18 years for me so far).
I did have the theory that the appendix has more of a role in the body then we think.
I recon it is definately worth further investigation.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Ruben,
My appendix ruptured when I was 15. They had to do an emergency appendectomy because it is life-threatening.
But this can hardly be the cause of my BB, since I first became aware of it when I was 12.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

Phantasist wrote:Ruben,
My appendix ruptured when I was 15. They had to do an emergency appendectomy because it is life-threatening.
But this can hardly be the cause of my BB, since I first became aware of it when I was 12.
You appendix might have been malfunctioning, long before it ruptured
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

One of the actual symptoms of appendicitis is bad breath.
I dont know by what pathway though.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Still got my appendix.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

My was never removed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic