Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHO IS CURED WITH THE HELP OF OUR SITE?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hitler

Post by hitler »

OK OK - ITS BEEN 15 HOURS SINCE I BRUSHED MY TEETH.
its 1pm and i brushed them last night @ 9:30pm with coconut oil and prebrushed with baking soda.

THIS IS INSANE. NO BAD BREATH.

i had me eggs last night with bread - the good sweet puffy one. this morning pancakes with supersweet butter (EDIT NOT BUTTER BUT SYRUP)

AND A GLASS OF PINEAPPLE JUICE.

NO BAD BREATH!!!

I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVE GOD!!!

why me/us
Total Newbie

Post by why me/us »

How much coconut oil did you use and exactly how did you use it? Did you brush with it or ingest it? Or both?
Khaadi
Total Newbie

What's Exactly helping?

Post by Khaadi »

Okay, I've been stalling writing in here because I was afraid to jinx anything. I never made it to the dentist's like I'd been planning to.But here's whats stopped me.
Before this happened, my BB would smell like rotten meat at times, rotten egg at other times. When I would close my mouth and exhale onto my mouth, I could smell a rotten smell coming from out of my throat. But it's been 2 weeks almost, since I've noticed this smell has disappeared and I can hardly detect any bad odor on my breath. I know this because I know I have BB and how it smells and how I can smell my breath (confirmed by relatives). Also, I've had bleeding gums since I can remember and very white hairy tongue. But the confusion here is I've tried a few things all at the same time that I don't know what exactly is helping. Here's what I've done before my BB disappeared:

1. Early this month (the beginning) after trying several methods to cure BB, I read about eliminating dairy and so I began my dairy free diet. Up until that day I never thought I could be lactose intolerant except for a few cases where drinking milk lately would cause diarrhea but I never made that connection to lactose intolerance since I've been drinking milk my whole life and nothing happened until just recently. I started avoiding dairy and despite a few 'give-ins' , I've been doing fairly well in managing avoidance.

2. I changed my dental floss to the thick waxed kind and started my nightly dental hygiene ritual again. This is to say that I have tried being diligent on my dental cleaning routine but lost hope along the way,stopped and then resumed taking care of teeth twice daily again.And I've started being more gentle when I brush my teeth.

3. About 4-5 days before the disappearance of that rotten smell from the back of my throat, I had a tablespoon on VCO and brushed with it once only.

Now, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've started feeling liberated from my own horrendous breath.
-when I brush, my gums don't bleed anymore.
-usually when I'd do the wrist-lick test, it'd be horrible, BUT now I don't smell anything.
-my tongue looks like it's turning pink. The white coating seems to be clearing up.

I'm confused. Does it mean that I AM lactose intolerant? Because my mother's been forcing me to drink milk ever since I can remember and not a day has gone by when I haven't eaten cheese or drunk milk (I'm 21 now)? If so, how do you explain the stopping of the bleeding gums?

I'd like to believe eliminating dairy is helping but then again, not seeing blood whenever I brush my teeth now contradicts this conclusion. Like maybe the new floss is helping? But then again, I've tried having impeccable dental hygiene and it's never worked before. So what do you guys think is going on? I still haven't touched dairy because I'm scared the BB will return but then again I want to make sure dairy is the cause of my BB. Should I give eating dairy again a try and see if the BB comes back?
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

I think maybe you had an overgrowth of bacteria in your mouth and more specifically on your tongue. The dairy was providing a major food source for the bacteria and hence it's overpopulation. Expounding on this theory, perhaps your bleeding gums and associated gingivitis were also contributing to the problem.

I don't know much about the coconut oil so I have no comment on that but this all sounds promising.

Go see a dentist and tell them your story.

Good luck and congrats on your progress.

Notanymore.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Khaadi,
diarrhoea is one of the main symptoms of lactose intollerance. Also, the mucous membranes of the throat can have an allergic reaction when they come in contact with certain dairy products. This would lead to lots of mucus and potentially exacerbate other existing BB causes. You say your gums used to bleed and now they dont. You said in a previous post about the condition of your gums. As NOTANYMORE has said, it may be a combination of factors which are being dealt with at once. See how you go for a few weeks and then it will be safe to introduce dairy to see what happens. In the meantime you could get over to the dentist to get things checked out.
Good luck!!
WhyWhyWhy
Total Newbie

I'm cured

Post by WhyWhyWhy »

Your site pointed me to the possibility that bad bacteria could have overtaken my mouth after I was prescribed antibiotics and other medicines when I had a bad flu at 9 years old! I've lived with it for many, many years. I've been following your website and trying a few things people have suggested. Then, I read about how antibiotics can wipe out good bacteria in the mouth and I started doing research on probiotics.

Two weeks ago, I bought multi-strain probiotics from my local stores and also ordered Swanson's Oral Probiotics chew tabs from amazon. For the whole of last week, I had been sucking on the chew tabs (it has blis k12) and I also suck on the multi-strain probiotics (2 a day) instead of swallowing them.

After the 2nd day, my bad breath is gone. Even after drinking coffee. I absolutely cannot believe it. To be honest, I never thought my bad breath would be completely cured.

Deep from my heart, thank you for this forum.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Coconut oil is widely believed to be an antifungal, if it helps someone, then one has to think in the direction of having invasive fungal infection/candida.

There is lactose even in the bread, thus the connection between lactose and gluten intolerance. Wheat products are among many that feed candida. If candida is an issue for someone, one wont get relief without modifying and following a better diet along with taking various anti-fungals, such as coconut oil.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

halitosisux wrote:jimi, i suspected my wisdom tooth for a number of years but couldnt convince myself that its extraction would be any different to the failure of my tonsillectomy to make even the slightest difference to my BB. A few years ago my mum, who had suffered with BB for as long as i could remember, had all her teeth out and her BB was gone. This made me think that this problem might not be something i was born with afterall. Then by chance i did an internet search and found cured's wisdom tooth thread, and began researching again and within a couple of months had my tooth out and im now 100% cured.
Hal, are you still 100% BB free? I suspect my BB might be caused by a wisdom tooth as well, but I'm trying not to get my hopes high, as I bet I'll probably have it taken out and STILL have BB......... It's just the way it is with me, a cure seems to work for a while, and then the BB comes back.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Still seems like we're going in circles here...

When I was around two or three years ago, the hot thing was Sunflower Oil... every morning I swashed that stuff in my mouth like a stooge.. "When the oil turns cloudy, you know it's pulling the toxins out" .. What a bunch of crap.

Then sugar free vitamin C tablets.. So I carried a bag of those things with me everywhere I went.

Then Zinc was a hot cure, and products like 'TUNG gel' were glorified.

edit: Oh yeah, I also subscribed to the Chlorophyl theory... It seemed to have merit, but as usual none of these actually WORKED

There's no magic bullet. It seems like any cure that's ever been recognized has only been effective for 2 weeks.. Was it ever really effective at all? Every time there's a new hope, we see someone's two week success story and the BB comes back or the person vanishes.

On one page we're encouraged to drink milk after eating garlic.. on another page, we're told "Milk is for babies" and humans don't need dairy. I appreciate all the information.. but doesn't it feel like we're just stuck in a whirlpool? Moving from one bogus ingredient to the next, often with obvious contradictions?

Suppose 50% or more of us have BB coming from bacteria in the mouth... Shouldn't we have found some basic remedy that works 100% of the time for everyone? Just as an example, a Zinc lozenge sounds like a good idea. Does or does not Zinc destroy foul bacteria odor? If it does, the Zinc Lozenge should be a guaranteed remedy every time it's used. (Still waiting on word whether that's effective or not)

Look at the drugstore isles... The craziest assortment of minute ingredients... thousands of kinds of oils to swish or consume, herbs that each apparently have some special properties that will enhance our health in some way.

I don't buy it. Or maybe I'm just sick of it.

I may be mistaken, but it seemed anyone who has been cured had an operation.. and severe physical adjustment to their body... Taking a laundry list of separate ingredients in different manners and dosages is BS, in my opinion.

"First I brush my teeth... Then I brush my teeth AGAIN with 3 different brands of toothpaste.. then I stand on one foot while facing the rising sun, recite the sutras, and gargle peanut oil while chewing on a frog's toe. .. It's great that my nightmare has finally ended!... Yadda yadda yaddaa"
bbsmells

Hi all

Post by bbsmells »

i have been suffering with bb since around 7th grade but it might not have been that bad until 10th grade because that's when i got mean comments. hitler, i was wondering do you drink the coconut oil, gargle it, or just brush with it and how much do you use?my bb prevents me from having a social life. this has to end!!!!!!! i have a coated tongue and post nasal drip. i also think i'm lactose intolerant. oh and i always have to poop! lol but its true. in the morning if i don't poop before class my stomach makes all kinds of noises and its embarrassing. i also never feel done when i get up from the toilet. i have a few cavities and i'm getting a dentist appointment to get them filled soon. also when i floss my gums bleed a little. is this normal, is it bad? let me know what you guys think! i need some interaction. ](*,)
bbsmells

Post by bbsmells »

mike987 wrote:Still seems like we're going in circles here...

When I was around two or three years ago, the hot thing was Sunflower Oil... every morning I swashed that stuff in my mouth like a stooge.. "When the oil turns cloudy, you know it's pulling the toxins out" .. What a bunch of crap.

Then sugar free vitamin C tablets.. So I carried a bag of those things with me everywhere I went.

edit: Oh yeah, I also subscribed to the Chlorophyl theory... It seemed to have merit, but as usual none of these actually WORKED

There's no magic bullet. It seems like any cure that's ever been recognized has only been effective for 2 weeks.. Was it ever really effective at all? Every time there's a new hope, we see someone's two week success story and the BB comes back or the person vanishes.

On one page we're encouraged to drink milk after eating garlic.. on another page, we're told "Milk is for babies" and humans don't need dairy. I appreciate all the information.. but doesn't it feel like we're just stuck in a whirlpool? Moving from one bogus ingredient to the next, often with obvious contradictions?

Suppose 50% or more of us have BB coming from bacteria in the mouth... Shouldn't we have found some basic remedy that works 100% of the time for everyone? Just as an example, a Zinc lozenge sounds like a good idea. Does or does not Zinc destroy foul bacteria odor? If it does, the Zinc Lozenge should be a guaranteed remedy every time it's used. (Still waiting on word whether that's effective or not)

Look at the drugstore isles... The craziest assortment of minute ingredients... thousands of kinds of oils to swish or consume, herbs that each apparently have some special properties that will enhance our health in some way.

I may be mistaken, but it seemed anyone who has been cured had an operation.. and severe physical adjustment to their body... Taking a laundry list of separate ingredients in different manners and dosages is BS, in my opinion.

"First I brush my teeth... Then I brush my teeth AGAIN with 3 different brands of toothpaste.. then I stand on one foot while facing the rising sun, recite the sutras, and gargle peanut oil while chewing on a frog's toe. .. It's great that my nightmare has finally ended!... Yadda yadda yaddaa"

Please stop being so negative! we are all here trying to find a cure to our bb. what works for someone else might not work for you or sometimes it might help. we all need to keep trying and post our results if we feel that we've found the answer or cure. don't put people down for trying to help. [-X
bbsmells

Re: What's Exactly helping?

Post by bbsmells »

Khaadi wrote:Okay, I've been stalling writing in here because I was afraid to jinx anything. I never made it to the dentist's like I'd been planning to.But here's whats stopped me.
Before this happened, my BB would smell like rotten meat at times, rotten egg at other times. When I would close my mouth and exhale onto my mouth, I could smell a rotten smell coming from out of my throat. But it's been 2 weeks almost, since I've noticed this smell has disappeared and I can hardly detect any bad odor on my breath. I know this because I know I have BB and how it smells and how I can smell my breath (confirmed by relatives). Also, I've had bleeding gums since I can remember and very white hairy tongue. But the confusion here is I've tried a few things all at the same time that I don't know what exactly is helping. Here's what I've done before my BB disappeared:

1. Early this month (the beginning) after trying several methods to cure BB, I read about eliminating dairy and so I began my dairy free diet. Up until that day I never thought I could be lactose intolerant except for a few cases where drinking milk lately would cause diarrhea but I never made that connection to lactose intolerance since I've been drinking milk my whole life and nothing happened until just recently. I started avoiding dairy and despite a few 'give-ins' , I've been doing fairly well in managing avoidance.

2. I changed my dental floss to the thick waxed kind and started my nightly dental hygiene ritual again. This is to say that I have tried being diligent on my dental cleaning routine but lost hope along the way,stopped and then resumed taking care of teeth twice daily again.And I've started being more gentle when I brush my teeth.

3. About 4-5 days before the disappearance of that rotten smell from the back of my throat, I had a tablespoon on VCO and brushed with it once only.

Now, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've started feeling liberated from my own horrendous breath.
-when I brush, my gums don't bleed anymore.
-usually when I'd do the wrist-lick test, it'd be horrible, BUT now I don't smell anything.
-my tongue looks like it's turning pink. The white coating seems to be clearing up.

I'm confused. Does it mean that I AM lactose intolerant? Because my mother's been forcing me to drink milk ever since I can remember and not a day has gone by when I haven't eaten cheese or drunk milk (I'm 21 now)? If so, how do you explain the stopping of the bleeding gums?

I'd like to believe eliminating dairy is helping but then again, not seeing blood whenever I brush my teeth now contradicts this conclusion. Like maybe the new floss is helping? But then again, I've tried having impeccable dental hygiene and it's never worked before. So what do you guys think is going on? I still haven't touched dairy because I'm scared the BB will return but then again I want to make sure dairy is the cause of my BB. Should I give eating dairy again a try and see if the BB comes back?
hi khaadi i think i am lactose intolerant too because i always have gas and diarrhea after drinking milk especially chocolate milk! i also think eating fried food is bad for breath too. i am going to try to eat more vegetables and eliminate fried foods and dairy. i also know that bb comes from the back of my mouth and throat. i don't have tonsil stones or anything. my breath is also really hot (in temperature) could this be because i don't talk much because of bb??
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

could this be because i don't talk much because of bb??
i came across an idea a while back that keeping silent and not talking for long periods of time adds to BB - something to do with lack of oxigen in the mouth when its constantly shut. if that is true - everything is against us, either talk or no talk :roll:
bbsmells

Post by bbsmells »

hi stressed out. i agree. i notice that my breath is really hot. this could be becuz i never talk unless i absoltely have to. i don't want people to smell my stink, but they do anyway so why bother being silent? let's all just talk and be free and blow them all away!!! lol no just kidding. i'm going to the doctor to get a checkup and see what's wrong. i just hope my dr knows what to do...
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

mike987 wrote:Still seems like we're going in circles here...

LOL!! So true. Anyone know where I can buy a frog's toe....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic