Your Email Address:

First Name:

Distance

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbreathking
Junior

Distance

Post by bbreathking »

I heard some say that they were walking into a room with 50 people and causing bad smell for everyone.

That is not even possible.

You have to be closer than that to someone for them to smell your bad breath.

I know this from experience. Maybe the person next to you at most.

hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

nah, i can clear a room. A HUGE room.
bbreathking
Junior

Post by bbreathking »

That is impossible. Humans do not have the capability of breathing that far !
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

here's my theory......my breath just continues to "flow" through the room the longer i stay in there. I work in a HUGE room, a communication center.....people in BACK of the room, and waaaaaay over to the back and side coughm sputter, etc. It's my BREATH. And ev'rybody knows it. THe comments make that precisely clear.

Yes, bb can CLEAR a room. A LARGE room.
bbreathking
Junior

Post by bbreathking »

What was one of the comments? from one really in the back of the room?
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

"she stinks." yes, it was from the back of the room..... there have been sooooo many others. i'm thankful my boss is supportive. The comments have lessened. but i believe it's because the comments were overheard and my boss may had a talk with several co-workers.

one co-worker in particular is rather nasty. She coughs almost upon my entry in the room....sometimes i wish she would cough herself into a tizzy....
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

There is such a thing as “room filling BB”. Last year I was minding a friends’ shop while they were out and an acquaintance came in and within minutes the entire place (approx.1500 sq.ft) filled up with a nauseating sickly sweet smell. The smell came from his breath and it followed him like a cloud and hung around even after he left. He came back an hour or so later after having gone for lunch and his smell had completely disappeared! The strange thing is that I’d never smelled BB on him ever either before or after that time and I see him around fairly often. :-k Although his BB was only that one time (that I know of) it was still definitely room filling.
bbreathking
Junior

Post by bbreathking »

WoW, I never knew it could be "Room Filling"

I remember when i first had it, , it would make the phone mouth piece smell bad haha
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

bbreathking wrote:That is impossible. Humans do not have the capability of breathing that far !
If a fart can do it, then why not someone with fartbreath. TMAU can stink a whole house out too.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

@ Halitosissux. That notion is flawed in my opinion. You can smell your own fart, it's so powerful that it can fill up a room. If therefore you can fill a room with bad breath technically you should be able to smell it constantly.
One Day One Day....
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

OD, I see your point. But farts are not constantly being released. So the nose never gets a change to familiarize - unlike with BB which is generally passing through the nose constantly.

As we know, there's not just one type of BB. It can come from the tongue, the nose, the lungs, etc.

Most of the time BB comes from the tongue.

Generally this type of odour doesnt travel very far because no matter how bad you might think it is, its never going to be as potent as the odour coming from say a lung abscess.

My point is, that it's theoretically possible for a person to eminate an odour that could be even more potent than a fart, and therefore reach even further.

A good analogy would be radio waves. A low power radio transmitter, like those used for WiFi or Bluetooth, only have a short range of a few metres because the transmission power is purposely tiny to give it that range, compared to say a television transmitter which is literally billions of times more powerful. There are other characteristics too, like the transmission frequency that determine how far this RF energy will reach - similarly the sensitivity of certain odour molecules that can travel further than others because of their density or how well they mix with air, and of course the sensitivity of the nose to detect them.

Sorry to rant there, but I am making the point that even though a bad smell is just like any other smell, every odour has its characteristics, and anything is possible while a person remains uncertain about their BB.
Last edited by halitosisux on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brightonguy
Advanced

Re: Distance

Post by brightonguy »

bbreathking wrote:I heard some say that they were walking into a room with 50 people and causing bad smell for everyone.

That is not even possible.

You have to be closer than that to someone for them to smell your bad breath.

I know this from experience. Maybe the person next to you at most.
Well the good news for you bbreathking is that you never really had bad breath in that case. I can't fill a room with mine but it is certainly very unpleasant for some people who are 6, even 10 feet away at times. SUPER HERO SKILLS!!
bbreathking
Junior

Post by bbreathking »

Breathing from my nose was never a problem for me. I always had that option to breath out from my nose.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

it's soooooooo frustrating...i can't smell my own bb
bbreathking
Junior

Post by bbreathking »

Thats unbelievable briton.

Like I just imagined how far 10 feet is and Imagine you say heyyy to someone from that far and his day is basically ruined after that lolll.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic