Your Email Address:

First Name:

The role of Salivary IgA in Oral microbial Ecology

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john
Junior

Post by john »

sadman, how are you doing?
is creon still working for you?

sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

John :

I will post the result in one more month to make sure that it really works , but so far so g..oooooo.d . It's been a wonderful month for me since I started Creon on 09/03/10 .
john
Junior

Post by john »

i went to my doctor yesterday, and he won't give me creon capsules, so maybe i can use proteolectic enzymes?
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

John :

PM me your address if you live in US , I can send you a sample for free ( 2 capsules). Believe it or not , you just have to try one capsule to know if it helps .
john
Junior

Post by john »

i don't live in the US sadman, but i can send you some money, so you can send me the capsules?
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

@sadman, I totally want to try creon!! For anyone that's interested (and in case there's any doubt i have no financial interest in this website yada yada yada) I use this website to get prescription meds when I know that the doctor won't give me what I want. Sadman, which of the two creon options should i choose from this link?

http://goldpharma.com/search/creon/lang/ENGLISH/
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Brightonguy :

We have Creon 6000 , 12000 and 24000 in US . I tried them all and I found that Creon 12000 which has 12000 USP Lipase, 38000 USP Protease and 60000 USP per capsule is doing a good job . The one in your website does not have the same formulation as Creon 12000 since it has only 10000, 8000 and 600 of Lipase, Protease and Amylase in mg., not USP so I don't know if it's equivalent to Creon 12000 .
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

Thanks sadman. What's USP? How do I convert from that to mg do you know? Also, have you noticed any side effects? Any bleeding?
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

USP unit is a unit used in the United States to measure the potency of a vitamin or drug, that is, its expected biological effects. For each substance to which this unit applies, the U. S. Food and Drug Administration has determined the biological effect associated with a dose of 1 USP unit. Other quantities of the substance can then be expressed in terms of this standard unit. In most cases, the USP unit is equal to the international unit (IU). "USP" is a registered trademark of the United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc., a private standards organization that establishes standards for the pharmaceutical industry.
international unit (IU)
a unit used to measure the activity (that is, the effect) of many vitamins and drugs. For each substance to which this unit applies, there is an international agreement specifying the biological effect expected with a dose of 1 IU. Other quantities of the substance are then expressed as multiples of this standard. Examples: 1 IU represents 45.5 micrograms of a standard preparation of insulin or 0.6 microgram of a standard preparation of penicillin. Consumers most often see IU's on the labels of vitamin packages: in standard preparations the equivalent of 1 IU is 0.3 microgram (0.0003 mg) for vitamin A, 50 micrograms (0.05 mg) for vitamin C, 25 nanograms (0.000 025 mg) for vitamin D, and 2/3 milligram for (natural) vitamin E. Please note: for many substances there is no definite conversion between international units and mass units (such as milligrams). This is because preparations of those substances vary in activity, so that the effect per milligram of one preparation is different from that of anothe
r.

Enzyme Potency
Measuring enzyme potency is complex. It is different than measuring the potency of vitamins, minerals or herbs. Accurate measurement depends on enzyme concentration, environment (pH and temperature) and substrate (the enzymes' fuel).

Because of this complexity, many scientific systems have been created to measure enzyme activity. The most common systems are: the Food Chemical Codex (FCC), United States Pharmacoepia (USP), and Federal Internationale Pharmaceutique (FIP). Each different enzyme system has an enzyme assay method with it own units of measurements.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to make direct comparisons between these measurement units (such as the FCC unit, the FIP unit and the USP unit). Each enzyme acts upon different substrates than others, so their activity needs to be measured using the most validated test method applicable to that particular enzyme.

The enzyme activity is not based on the amount of enzyme present, (which might be listed in milligram amounts) but rather how fast the enzyme breaks down the substrate (fuel) within the given parameters of the test method, such as pH or temperature (its environment).
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Brightonguy :

The CREON potency measurement comparison is as follows:

CREON 10 Composition : 150 mg Pancreatin
Amylase 8,000 PhEur units (BP Units) also equals 33,400 USP units
Lipase 10,000 PhEur units (BP Units) also equals 10,000 USP units
Protease 600 Ph Eur units (BP units) also equal 37,500 USP units

CREON 25 Composition : 300 mg Pancreatin
Amylase 18,000 PhEur units (BP Units) also equals 74,700 USP units
Lipase 25,000 PhEur units (BP Units) also equals 25,000 USP units
Protease 1,000 Ph Eur units (BP units) also equal 62,500 USP units

So I think Creon 10 ( 10000, 8000, 600) is equal to Creon 12000
and creon 25 ( 25000, 18000,1000) is equal to creon 24000 in USA .

You can use either one depending on how fast you want the enzymes to work in your mouth .If you keep it in your mouth for too long , it might cause some bleeding spots on the buccal mucosa, the gum and even the tongue , so just chew it long enough until you feel some irritation or use a lower dose just as half a capsule to be able to keep it for a longer period to let the enzyme have enough time to work. I usually chew the granules with a piece of gum until the gum disintegrates and I have a soapy taste in my mouth . Please be advised that you use this approach ( chewing the granules in your mouth) at your own risk . Good luck
Last edited by sadman on Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

@sadman, thanks very much for such detailed guidance, I really appreciate it. Obviously I'm a bit nervous about trying it. Did I read somewhere that you work in the medical field? Can you elaborate on that? I think you also said that soon you are going to post a detailed story about your success with Creon. I might wait for that until I give it a go. The idea of causing bleeding in my mouth does make me a bit nervous. It'd be great to know if anyone else has tried this or is thinking about doing so.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sadman, what causes the bleeding? It's good that you are getting results, but it sounds a bit dangerous to me.
Are these enzymes ever normally present in the mouth? Have you ever heard of them being used in the mouth before?
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Hali :

Please read my two previous posts , especially this :

http://www.wikipatents.com/US-Patent-41 ... ing/Page-3

Ripe pineapple can cause mouth bleeding too . It's caused by action of Proteolytic enzyme on the buccal mucosa . Bacteria in your mouth produce Protease to use Protein in your mouth .

http://www.30bananasaday.com/group/begi ... p%3A369472
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This is really interesting sadman. I'm looking forward hearing your conclusions.
I've heard before that pineapple is good against BB by its direct action in the mouth, so I guess it must be for this reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic