Your Email Address:

First Name:

Neti Pot

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBsucks

Neti Pot

Post by BBsucks »

I got a free sample of the neti pot and I think it actually helps me. I just don't have any more of the solution packets. Is there something I can substitute them for?

searching
Master
Post by searching »

Hi BBsucks,

I use ¼ teaspoon of table salt & ¼ teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in 1 liter of warm water, described in an earlier post seenhere.

Using salt and baking soda in the solution, prevents mucus membranes from stinging, versus using plain water.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Hi searching, is this method still working for you? I just read the thread in the link you posted above and there is a lot of good info on there.

BBsucks,I checked on amazon and was able to get some 'neti salt'...... apparently it's himalayan salt which is said to be the best salt in the whole wide world!! I bet it is just overpriced for nothing and there would be much cheaper alternatives, but just in case you find nothing at all, just search 'neti salt' in amazon.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Haligone,

I occasionally use nasal irrigation, i.e. several times per month, and it works well to thin the PND.

I now, however, use oral irrigation each morning with dilute hydrogen peroxide, details here; and have done so for more than a year. This works very well for me. Brushing, alone, does not provide sufficient cleaning in my case, no matter how attentive I am.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

I've just gone out and bought a waterpik and some HP.
Searching, is the waterpik method still keeping you BB free, and how long have you been on it?
I don't expect it to work 100% for me as I have an impacted wisdom tooth which I need to extract. I also have a broken filling that my dentist wanted to do a root canal on, however I have convinced him to extract it. Going for that in about 3 weeks time
Last edited by Haligone on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Haligone,

I've been using oral irrigation with dilute hydrogen peroxide, once daily, since Feb 2009. Yes, it is keeping me bb free.

I notice that when I perform the irrigation, after tooth brushing and rinsing, that the solution which first exits my mouth is cloudy. Then the exiting solution clears after all surfaces have been irrigated - indicating that microorganisms that persist in my mouth after brushing, are being dislodged and flushed by the subsequent irrigation. So I begin the day with fewer repopulating microorganisms versus brushing alone, i.e. going without irrigating.
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Hi Searching, I have been reading about Hydropgen Peroxide and would like to try it. Is it dafe and do you know where I can gte it in the UK? I've seen this on a Chemist on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Care-Hydrogen-Per ... 20b05ba03c

Would that be okay for oral irrigation?
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Hey Lisa,
I bought Hydrogen Peroxide from Boots (£2.39 or something like that).......... I also remember buying some from the chemist bit at Tesco some time ago.
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Hey thanks Haligone just managed to get some at my local chemist for £1.50. Cheap when you think what you pay for mouthwash. How often to you do it and do you to the 1 part peroxide and 3 parts water?
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Lisa,
Yep, it is quite cheap when you consider mouthwash!!
To be honest, I have not been strict with the measurements I have been using, I just tend to mix it to a reasonable level, however searching put in his post (linked above) that he uses 'a solution composed of 500 milliliters of warm water mixed with 50 milliliters of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide'.
Where did you get the 3 parts to one from? was this off the bottle? if so, I would probably go with that, or ask someone else for an opinion.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Started using the neti pot last week. stage 1 and then stage 2. There was a bit of coughing and sputtering at first, but I could probably drink a cup of tea through my nose now!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic