Your Email Address:

First Name:

My life as of now...

Tell us your story with bad breath
AW
Junior

My life as of now...

Post by AW »

First off my thoughts are reilgious when it comes to bad breath, the religion I believe is Catholic.

Since this area of the forum is not really filled up I would like to share my story if that's okay.

Anyway, I am fairly new to the whole bad breath scene. I just recently acquired it in the Fall or Winter of 2005. So it has been a really bad time for me these past months. Before this problem I actually had a lot of friends, many people at my job enjoyed talking to me, I was confident about obtaining a new social order in life (I hit college) and I had a very active social life. Then when this problem started coming about, it all when down hill. By the way I'm only 18...

People at my job don't even want to be seen with me or even respect me for that matter, most of my friends left me (I still have some though, they are the good ones), my parents don't even want to talk to me or be with me. I feel like complete shit.

I would have never thought my life would end (technically) at the age of 18. Although the thing I'm grateful for was that I was able to have a good life before this whole mess. It's not like I was born with the problem and my whole life has been like this. At least at a point I was liviing it up and being myself with out worrying about anything. I'm truely grateful for that.

As for my thoughts concerning religion. I've heard that as a Catholic when someone is sick or their body isn't performing properly it is the work of the devil. Many people who are Catholic think it's God who does this but it's not. God wants me to be happy and of course the devil wants me to be miserable. So he cursed with me the disease known as Halitosis. Now I've heard many people with Halitosis want to commit s*****e or not live their life. If you do either of these you are just giving into the devil even more. He wants you to be miserable and if you are miserable he wins. However he doesn't have to win all the time. If you live a happy and rich life even with the disease he will not be the one winning. If a person has faith (with any disease or illness) that God will intervene and help then it will happen. I've also read that if you have faith God will heal, he will heal. In anyway, shape or form. God wants me to be happy in life and that's what I will continue to do.

I refuse to give up my life to something as ridiculous as bad breath. I am going to college to earn a degree in something respectful so I can live a good life later on. I will not let other people bring myself and my life down. Along the way there will be the people who rub their noses at me and give me dirty looks but I will just shrug them off. Just remember this when talking to a person. Even if they give you looks when you talk. EVERYONE ISN'T PERFECT. Anyone and everyone has something wrong with themselves. We happen to have Hailitosis. It's just another little tidbit in life that we have to work around. If there is a cure than that would be the ultimate. There will be a cure one day. Or maybe it will just go away for some. You never know.

I may not ever have another girlfriend or I may never even get married because of this. Or even have friends for that matter. Gentleman/ladies if you find partner that loves you no matter what , even if you have putrid breath hang onto that person with your life. I can assure you will never find another person like that ever.

But to me it's important to be a success. I'd rather be making good money and having nice things and have bad breath, rather than living in a cardboard box and smelling as well. I have a chance to make a good life respectively and that's what I'm doing.

Sure my life isn't how I thought it would be, but I'll just have to improvise won't I?

"Now we got to make the best of it. Improvise, adapt to the environment, shit happens, Darwin, Iching, whatever man...we gotta roll with it." - Collateral

I've always liked that quote. Everyone should remember this. It gets me though the toughest cituations when I really apply it. For example before I had bad breath. I used this quote to get me through a tough time in school and it did. In fact I did very whell with my studies.

It's time for myself and to others to face the facts. We have Hailtosis and so far there is nothing seems to be helping to completely rid of the problem. We have to deal with it. Just live your life the way you see fit. Don't let it pass you by. You only get one life, so live it. Do whatever it takes within reason. Just enjoy what you have. I always think it could be MUCH WORSE.

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

=D>
unsungzero7
Junior

Post by unsungzero7 »

how did your halitosis start? The fact that it didn't arise until age 18 probably means something specific caused it. Any ideas?
BeauTiful Woman

Post by BeauTiful Woman »

:) Good for you AW; you tell them... I can relate to you completely! I am a born again Christian, and I have struggled for over 13yrs. My Savior has brought me through it all; I do believe that this will end at some point.

If it had not been for the Lord on my side I would have left this life a long time ago... trust me...

God is good!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic