Your Email Address:

First Name:

They understand, but seem unwilling to help

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

Haligone: Your idea was not bad. You point something under-appreciated:

we are not a solid group, we have not legal existence as bb sufferers and we come back to old problematics.
But strangely, or not, when I give the subject some interest and directions in my other thread, nobody cares. It's as if in some occasions like this one, people realize they are like ghosts, however they deny the importance of making an overall effort of making an infrastructure that would give us strength and voice. Even if their efforts don't pay, and it's very clear (that even people can realize it by themselves!) that it doesn't.
I noticed too some defensive reactions pointing that people are able to take care of the problem, but the simple non existence of a systematic cure proves the contrary.
Edit, addendum: I made some logical fallacy: The simple non existence of a system cure proves that there is work to be done, it doesn't prove that people are able to deal with the problem by their own as they tell. But it clearly shows the depressed paranoid climate mixed with desperation and feeling of hopelessness.

How do you explain that? Short term view? Laziness? Some old belief that change comes by a lucky encounter?

hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

Laziness? People need emotional support so they CAN have the fortitude and drive and presence of mind to do such a thing.

That's why i came to this site. I get NO emotional support. ANYWHERE. Even my family is in la la land.

We're stuck with a HUGE mountain of mystery that is literally sucking the very life out of us. There HAS to be emotional support.

It's NOT an intellectual thing with me. My very soul is torn to shreds by this thing. i'm despicable. At least my presence is, at work, mostly. Because i'm stuck there 8 straight hours. It horrifies ev'ryone, but most of all me.

You're always this calm, are you, about this inexplicable pain Thomas?
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

hopelessone:

"Laziness? People need emotional support so they CAN have the fortitude and drive and presence of mind to do such a thing"

Maybe, in that case, people should realize they are in a deadlock. Maybe it's doing such a thing that could bring emotional support and awareness of psychologists, health professionals, etc etc. Maybe you generalize your feeling to extrapolate and rationalize why people (including you) don't do what need to be done, or at least discussed. Maybe you should consider my question on pm as something judicious.

I'm not saying having emotions is bad. I'm saying: does being submerged by your emotions makes the creation of something life changing possible. Expressing sadness is a right for everyone, but probably not the thing that will help us on middle long term. Being recognized and taken into account as what we are is roughly a process. You get a plan, you stick to it, you adapt to some occurring changes, you go on and eventually you get recognition. That's extremely "simple". I have the unpleasant feeling that some people prefer giving excuses or denying. We talked about awareness, I think there should be awareness here too, (we) they have not been listened maybe for some logical reasons. And yes, it's not fair to have bb. But is it a reason to keep things as they are?

Maybe it's not an intellectual and strategic thing for a lot of people, nevertheless, it is.
Changing things is not above our abilities. Unless we are "dominated" by feelings of inadequacy or not deserving a change. I'm sure people are getting the thing.

I told you in your diary, I changed my anger into positive and creative energy. And I know I go into a path of integrity, altruism and long term change. That satisfies me.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Thomasthomas, your rallying cries for the creation of a BB entity/organisation are naïve and comical.
Let me tell why it is a complete joke. First of all, when we play our ‘countries’ game, what do we realise? We are all from different parts of the world and you hardly find 2 people from the same country on one page!! So where is this organisation going to be set up? how are meetings going to be conducted?
When people try to organise meet ups, it hardly ever works. I put a post on here asking to meet in London and got only 2 replies!! I have seen people try to set up meetings in New York, Colorado etc, there is no interest!! People are happy to sit at their computers and complain, but when it comes to taking time out of their schedule to do something as simple as meet up with other members, they are not interested, so who do you think is going to invest time in your organisation?
We all have to deal with BB to the extent that we can as it stands. We cannot sit and wait for some fantasy entity to come and champion the cause for us. I keep on trying different things (such as the email I sent), and I post any success or failures for those who are interested to read about it. If you are not interested, don’t read it. Don’t come and put a post on here telling me what to do. If you want to create an entity, you have done the right thing by starting a thread asking members if they are interested, don’t go round other peoples threads forcing your ideas on their conversations.
What have you done about actually creating your entity since you posted on here with guns blazing? NOTHING!!
You have started a thread, but what action? NOTHING!!,
Filled out company forms? NO
Sought legal advice? NO!!
What will happen if we all sit down and wait for your la la land entity to come up with a solution? NOTHING!!!!
You are all bark and no bite.
It’s a joke!! We cannot even raise $300 a month as a group for Jimi to keep the site going. Check the current total, its $14; and you want to start some fancy organisation? How is it going to be funded? Contributions from members? Go ask Jimi.
Do what you believe in!! I believe I will not stop searching until I find an answer, I will get ideas from people on this forum especially those who have had some success, that is what I am doing. If you believe in setting up an entity, go ahead and do it, it’s a free world!!
I have realised that you go around this forum and try to make everything about you. As soon as you put up a post, it becomes an argument between you and everyone else there as to who is right and who is wrong. Do you realise no one else supports you when you come up with your brilliant ideas? Do you ask yourself why?
Go ahead and post some rubbish reply, I will hit you right back!! You want to be an ar$£hole, you’re not the only one who can!!
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble understanding thomasthomas? I'm not sure what his point is. Anyone care to explain this to me.
Happylife
Junior

Re: They understand, but seem unwilling to help

Post by Happylife »

Haligone wrote:
I urge you not to accept the unfortunately expected "take this and see me in two weeks if it does not get better" attitude, but to continue to return to the GP you have and be gently forceful by insisting that it will have a cause and it WILL be treatable, given sufficient time and attention
Good Point....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic