Your Email Address:

First Name:

please, i need some ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sunraq
Total Newbie

Post by sunraq »

Your bad breath problem may be as a result of the presence of bacteria at the middle of your tongue . However these are useful and basic solutions for you.

These are some key ideas you need to finally cure your bad breath :

The right anti-bacterial mouthwash
The right tongue scraper
Clean the rest of the mouth
Put an end to tongue problems with the Gatling gun.

I am an expert in information marketing on health .
visit: www.badbreathpips.com or www.badbreathhints.blogspot.com
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Sunraq,
Are you serious? Those of us who have suffered with this problem for many years, even decades, have gone way beyond antibacterial mouthwashes, tongue scrapers and "cleaning the rest of the mouth". In fact most of us have much better oral hygiene than people without bad breath. And what is this about the gatling gun? We're not fighting the Civil War.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Danger, how are you getting on? Has the removal of the wisdom tooth helped? I too have a deeply impacted upper left wisdom tooth, and am planning to take it out, however last week I extracted a tooth that had a broken filling, hoping that this would help with the BB.

Basically my dentist had said the filling was broken and needed replacing, but he refused to extract it because he said it was a healthy tooth. I was so desperate, I went to a private dentist who charged me 5 times what I would have paid to get it out.
This extraction has not helped one bit, and I am still getting reactions as before......... not helped one bit.
So like you, I am beginning to doubt that my problem is actually caused by the wisdom tooth, but I am still planning to take it out.
Please let me know how it has been for you since you took out the wisdom tooth.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Danger, I noticed you said your BB started in your late 20's. my BB also started in my late 20's............. I had some BB as a child (before my teens), but it went away, and I do not remember having BB throughout my teens or early twenties.
I had a really bad cold about 2 years ago at about age 27 or 28, and that was when I first noticed the reactions.
I though the BB would go away after the cold went, but it has stayed.
I have had BB for about 2 years now, and have been trying everything I can with no success.
Regarding your brother, I think you are lucky that you have someone who told you........ perhaps he did not go about it in the best way.
Maybe you should ask him again, and tell him you need him to help you gauge the intensity of the BB. That way, if he says it is better, you can be sure that it is the truth, rather than try to rely on your own sense of smell.
So far I have not found a single person who has admitted I have BB (although I have not asked that many as it is a very difficult conversation to have). So I keep on trying to rely on my own sense of smell, and whenever I am at home, I feel fine, but when I go out, I get reactions.
Do you mind if I ask which country you live in?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

hi haligone, well done if you managed to read through this whole thread

removing all my wisdom teeth( though i am sure only the bottom ones were responsible) has certainly helped the overall feeling in my mouth, though i am still not confident enough to say i am cured. there are still little tests that i do where i can still sense a bad taste in my mouth and trying to judge whether this would be normal for everyone and whether it means i still have bad breath.

little things like rubbing my finger down the middle of my tongue and letting the saliva dry and then smelling still leaves a bit of an odour, which automatically has me thinking my breath must still be bad. rubbing my finger on my tonsils leaves a bit of a smell( not a really bad one) just a bit of an odour( i have never had tonsil stones and looking in the mirror my tonsils look quite healthy, apart from when i have a bad cold), makes me think i still must have bad breath. when you have had such horrid breath like mine certainly was at one point has left me really paranoid and still very down at times. it is very hard to shrug off
danger
Master

Post by danger »

continued

i also sometimes feel a bad taste behind my original lower 2nd molar, the side where the difficult extraction was. i did mention this to the dentist on my previous visit and enquired about a possible extraction and he seemed really reluctant to extract it, because he said it is a healthy tooth. i dont really want to extract it because alot of the time i dont sense a bad taste from it, only sometimes. i dont know why that is

when i originally started this thread i had a constant shitty taste in my mouth apart from when i was eating, and at that point, i would probably have settled for how my mouth feels now. this might sound odd but i wish i could go back to how my mouth felt at its worst for about 5 minutes just so i can compare to how it is now.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

continued

i also dont get bad reactions like people on here have commented on. i have recently started working in the last couple of months and when i talk quite close to people's faces i dont get the hands to the nose or things like that, so i think that, at the least, my bad breath is certainly not chronic.

the only occasion recently where i thought getting rid of my wisdom teeth was pointless and all this might be coming from somewhere like my stomach was a few weeks ago when i was in a car with 3 people and my dad commented on what that smell was and whether i had farted. this could have been for 3 reasons

1- i had just ate something with onions and it was that he was smelling. someone commented after it that i smelt of onions
2- my dad has in the past farted himself and jokingly asked who has farted and tried to pass the blame
3- we were in an area where there is sometimes a smell of like farmshit you get sometimes. i could smell it a bit around that time but it wasnt horrific like it sometimes can be. maybe my dad just has a great sense of smell

also, i am from england

this is quite long but i tried to remember everything since my last visit here. if you want any other questions just ask

i notice halitosisux is still around sometimes and he is much more knowledgable about the whole subject than me but i will help if i can

thanks
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Hi Danger,
Good to hear from you. Your dad sounds like a great guy!!
Anyway, it is good to know that the wisdom tooth extraction has helped somewhat. I too have an impacted wisdom tooth, and I am planning to get it out. I hope it helps as a previous extraction I have done on a tooth with a cavity has not helped at all.
It is encouraging to hear that your BB has reduced somewhat with the extraction. I would be grateful if my BB could be reduced so that I do not get reactions from people...... that is all...... I do not want mint breath, I only want to be able to interact normally with people.
I live in England too, in Milton Keynes. If it is not too far from where you live, maybe we could organise a meet-up.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Danger that is great news. Your descriptions sound so similar to mine.

Remember that it is normal for there to be some odour on the tongue. Aydinmur referred to something called 'background odour' which is what everyone has. We all have billons of bacteria in the mouth and on the tongue. We all produce a certain amount of odour, but its the levels and types of odour that determine whether our breath will smell foul to others or not.

Once we feel we KNOW we have bad breath, its very hard to ever feel totally convinced that we dont. When people make any kind of reference to odours its like being bashed with a sledgehammer. But like you say, people comment all the time about smells because foul smells exist around us from time to time, but because we're supersensitive to comments and reactions (compared to people who have never had reason to imagine their breath stinks) its just so hard to get that doubt out of the mind. It takes time, its like a trust that has to build.

If you could confide in a few people and you start believing them, eventually you'll break free from this paranoia.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If any degree of odour on the tongue meant that we have BB, then it would be regarded as a reliable diagnostic method. But this is absolutely not the case.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

Haligone wrote:Hi Danger,
Good to hear from you. Your dad sounds like a great guy!!
Anyway, it is good to know that the wisdom tooth extraction has helped somewhat. I too have an impacted wisdom tooth, and I am planning to get it out. I hope it helps as a previous extraction I have done on a tooth with a cavity has not helped at all.
It is encouraging to hear that your BB has reduced somewhat with the extraction. I would be grateful if my BB could be reduced so that I do not get reactions from people...... that is all...... I do not want mint breath, I only want to be able to interact normally with people.
I live in England too, in Milton Keynes. If it is not too far from where you live, maybe we could organise a meet-up.
sorry to hear that the extraction did not work.
is your impacted wisdom tooth lower or upper? if you rub your tongue around it do you get any type of taste? that is how i convinced myself it was the problem after reading some posts on here
danger
Master

Post by danger »

halitosisux wrote:Danger that is great news. Your descriptions sound so similar to mine.

Remember that it is normal for there to be some odour on the tongue. Aydinmur referred to something called 'background odour' which is what everyone has. We all have billons of bacteria in the mouth and on the tongue. We all produce a certain amount of odour, but its the levels and types of odour that determine whether our breath will smell foul to others or not.

Once we feel we KNOW we have bad breath, its very hard to ever feel totally convinced that we dont. When people make any kind of reference to odours its like being bashed with a sledgehammer. But like you say, people comment all the time about smells because foul smells exist around us from time to time, but because we're supersensitive to comments and reactions (compared to people who have never had reason to imagine their breath stinks) its just so hard to get that doubt out of the mind. It takes time, its like a trust that has to build.

If you could confide in a few people and you start believing them, eventually you'll break free from this paranoia.
good to see you still posting

paranoia certainly plays a massive part. the longer i go without getting any major comments or reaction, the easier it is getting

i still look in my mouth and if i see any type of indifference on my teeth or something i think it could go back to how it was

for example, there are a couple of teeth in my mouth that if i press my tongue against i can sometimes feel them slightly move. i saw the hygienist a couple of weeks ago and she never mentioned anything about these teeth so it cant be a major problem, but it still makes me paranoid that if these teeth are slightly moving that a small gap might appear where shit can gather like it did on my wisdom teeth and start producing that horrific taste and smell again
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

danger wrote:sorry to hear that the extraction did not work.
is your impacted wisdom tooth lower or upper? if you rub your tongue around it do you get any type of taste? that is how i convinced myself it was the problem after reading some posts on here
Yes, when I rub my tongue around it I get a taste and a bad smell, and when I rub my finger in other parts of my mouth, it does not smell, but around this wisdom tooth, it does.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

Haligone wrote:
danger wrote:sorry to hear that the extraction did not work.
Yes, when I rub my tongue around it I get a taste and a bad smell, and when I rub my finger in other parts of my mouth, it does not smell, but around this wisdom tooth, it does.
is this wisdom tooth a lower or upper wisdom? do you know if you have odour from your nose or is it just from your mouth?

what does your wisdom tooth look like?

the wisdom tooth that i think was causing me the most problems looked pretty identical to the one on this link.scroll down, it is the one under the bit where they talk about gums

http://www.doctorspiller.com/halitosis.htm

looking in my mouth now, i find it hard to believe that this tooth came in as much as it did
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Mine is the upper wisdom tooth on my left. Mine has not come out as much as the one in the picture. Mine is growing at around a 45 degree angle so it has jammed on the tooth in front of it and this has blocked it and stopped it growing out any further. So just the corner (which meets the tooth in front of it) is showing, and the rest of the tooth disappears beneath the gum.
The other 3 wisdom teeth have grown horizontal and fully below the gum line, therefore they are not causing any problems.
I think my BB used to be from my nose as well as my mouth initially, however these days, I believe it comes from my mouth only, mainly when I talk, however these are not objective observations, just based on my personal judgement of reactions from people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic