Your Email Address:

First Name:

For those who have seen MD/ENT/Etc about their BB.....

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
BBsucks

For those who have seen MD/ENT/Etc about their BB.....

Post by BBsucks »

Some of you may have seen my previous post, but I still haven't spoken to a doctor about my BB (my dentist told me there was no cure & to just carry around mints & gum....uggg). Anyhow after over 15 years of suffering silently I think I am ready to bring this up with my MD.

Those of you that are seeing your doctors/ents about this please tell me your experience. Has anything come of it? Have they found a way to cure or make your problem better? Did they do absolutely nothing to help?

Thanks guys....just gotta work up the guts to make an appointment!

cool
Junior

Post by cool »

from what is wriiten on the forum, do you have any clue where your bb might originate from?
i red you had a rotten tooth removed, may there be another rotten tooth perhaps?
do you have smelly floss, tongue coating, smelling tonsils, tonsilstones, heartburn, loose teeth, ...?
BBsucks

Post by BBsucks »

Cool - I for the most part cannot smell my own breath. No smelly floss, I can touch my tongue/mouth & not smell a thing. I do get tonsil stones occasionally and those definitely stink. My teeth, I believe are in good health (when I had my rotten tooth pulled I also had my wisdom teeth pulled). No extra gum flaps or anything like that. I tried eliminating dairy & that doesn't seem to have helped. I have tried numerous toothpastes, therabreath, tongue scraping, vitamin c, xylitol, coconut oil....and the list goes on.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

is your tongue usually coated and does the coating come back short time after you scraped your tongue?

i dont know how far your gag reflex allows you to tough your tongue, but whats the smell in the back of it and in the part that is already down the throat.
do you have pnd/slime in the back of your throat?

do you think your bb might be intermittend?
who told you about it? can you rely on these statements?
are there people that deny you have bad breath?

i apologize if you already checked these issues, just try to help.
BBsucks

Post by BBsucks »

Thanks cool I appreciate it :) Anyhow yes, I do have the dreaded white coating that comes back shortly after brushing. I can get pretty far back w/ my toothbrush but how I can check the smell back there? With a dry toothbrush?

I think I definitely have PND. When I brush the back part of the roof of my mouth or the back of my tongue I cough up a lot of mucous. And I am always clearing my throat.

And as far as if it is intermittent I have no clue. I have been dealing with this for 15 years and have NEVER spoken to anyone about this. I am even married with a child. My Mom mentioned to me that my breath stunk when I was about 15 but that is all. The rest is just the mean comments that start to wear you down (did a cow just zoom past? or one of my clients that pulled out a wisp toothbrush). There is NO question that I have very bad fecal breath.
firecracker

Post by firecracker »

Consuming alot of yogurt...cheese will give me PND. If I stop eating it , it goes away. Also a nettie pot helps thin out the mucus and reduces PND. If none of this helps..might have a sinus infection.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

BBsucks wrote:Thanks cool I appreciate it :) Anyhow yes, I do have the dreaded white coating that comes back shortly after brushing. I can get pretty far back w/ my toothbrush but how I can check the smell back there? With a dry toothbrush?
i am not sure how to test it with the most accuracy and i am not sure what it would supposed to smell like on a non bb human, but i try to check with a q-tip, or finger or piece of cotton.
i am not sure if you have to smell it immediatly or have to let it dry first. but you could try both.
not to become paranoid i would keep in mind that maybe a kind of odor on the tongue could be normal and not affecting the breath.

i would love to hear other opinions on this.
my3rdmolars
Junior

Post by my3rdmolars »

BBsucks wrote:Thanks cool I appreciate it :) Anyhow yes, I do have the dreaded white coating that comes back shortly after brushing. I can get pretty far back w/ my toothbrush but how I can check the smell back there? With a dry toothbrush?

I think I definitely have PND. When I brush the back part of the roof of my mouth or the back of my tongue I cough up a lot of mucous. And I am always clearing my throat.

And as far as if it is intermittent I have no clue. I have been dealing with this for 15 years and have NEVER spoken to anyone about this. I am even married with a child. My Mom mentioned to me that my breath stunk when I was about 15 but that is all. The rest is just the mean comments that start to wear you down (did a cow just zoom past? or one of my clients that pulled out a wisp toothbrush). There is NO question that I have very bad fecal breath.
I too have PND. I used to cough out yellow mucus. But my PND lessened when I had all of my wisdom teeth removed.

Kindly give us an update about your appointment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic